GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

Medusa

Record Breaker
Javi can even land a Triple Salchow when being basically horizontal.

Good job, my sole decent Euroboy. You were nervous.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Javiar makes quads look like child's play, but he keeps giving away the title by the stumbles/checks he makes. One can give forgiven, but not 3/4/5/et al.

Too bad, the kid has it in him to dominate, but not with this.

This whole field reflects on just how talented Evgeni Plushenko is, even when not competing, lol. :D

emma

Record Breaker
I want whatever these men are drinking! They are totally bringing fight tonight! Good for them. Javi makes quads look easy, wow! room to grow for him, but nice job!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Javier's basic skating is just not up to snuff with the other guys here. Very slow and clunky compared to them, especially during the footwork. I think he's vastly overmarked in PCS this season.

missysays

On the Ice
One of my favorite soundtracks ever is Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet. I've always thought it would be great for skating and many skaters have tried to put together a good program but has always fallen short- until now that was a really wonderful realization of that soundtrack by Yuzuru Hanyu. Just great!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Javier's Skating Skills score is just .36 off from Daisuke's. On what freaking planet? These judges should all be fired.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I just found out that Uni Sports has it on---they did not show this on their schedule earlier today--:(

FTnoona

Final Flight
turning out on a few of the jumps chip away at the score and his pcs r rightfully lower than Dai's

burntBREAD

Medalist
WHAT??? TWO perfect Quads and SP lead are NOT enough to beat Dai? Totally ridiculous!

Like Serious Business said, Fernandez still has work to do in the PCS department (skating skills) and he even lost on TES which shows that in spite of the quads, there were mistakes throughout the program.

Fernandez led Takahashi by around 4-5 points after the SP, Takahashi beat him by 4 points on PCS here (rightfully, it should actually be even more IMO) and then beat him on TES.