Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Men - LP

Custom Title
    What's wrong with Jason's knees? He bent his knees 24/7, no extension at all.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't mind at all if the top US men going to Sochi include Jason Brown and Josh Farris (and Nathan Chen although he won't be age eligible!).

Banned
    Jason is great but how the hell could he only lose to Yan Han by 2 points in LP with no 3a, no quad. If Yan Han skated for Canada, I'm sure he could beat Jason by 10 pts.
    This is why Chan should not really dream of representing China.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Jason is great but how the hell could he only lose to Yan Han by 2 points in LP with no 3a, no quad. If Yan Han skated for Canada, I'm sure he could beat Jason by 10 pts.
    This is why Chan should not really dream of representing China.
    I mean, Brown lost majorly in TES, but Han dropped a few points by popping the second part of the 3Lz-1T and the 2A-2T-2Lo and his TR, CH, IN, and PE were not as good as Jason's. The judges are actually rewarding skaters for what they're doing on the ice here as opposed to what they usually do by basing it all on SS. Han beat Brown on SS but not on everything else.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Joshua Farris (USA)

3A
    3F+3T
    3Lz+2T
    FSSp
    SlSt - aww, fall at the end
    CCoSp
    3A - fall
    3Lo
    2A
    3Lz
    3S
    CCoSp

So he ditched his Transformers LP in favor of a new Rachmaninov?

FS score: 130.99, total 203.98 and into 3rd
    Last edited by sequinsgalore; 12-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Custom Title
    Bad luck for Josh, the fall at the end of SlSt came out of nowhere and completely caught him off guard, he seemed to lose focus a bit after that

Custom Title
    Brown really put the junior in this competition. I mean based on this everyone has a future in seniors skating except him.

Tripping on the Podium
    I am glad Jason won here. I am afraid he is going nowhere in the future with his jumping ability...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Brown really put the junior in this competition. I mean based on this everyone has a future in seniors skating except him.
    Obviously that's why he won the whole thing, you know. You need to calm down over the fact that he has not mastered a triple axel.

Custom Title
    Have to say Han should win here. I would put Josh in second and Jason in third.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Obviously that's why he won the whole thing, you know. You need to calm down over the fact that he has not mastered a triple axel.
    It's not even about mastering- how about an attempt? So he won the JRGPF. He won it without a 3A - couldn't mean less.

Custom Title
    Regardless I still love Jason and he won a junior competition so I guess skating juniorish because he had no 3 axel is appropriate. However I'm really surprised that he hasn't just gone for an axel. Maybe he should try a quad because sometimes that might be easier for someone who can't do an axel. He still should just go for it even if it's 2 footed. If he doesn't do one next season then I would say maybe there isn't much hope but he still can jump. All of his other jumps are just fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Have to say Han should win here. I would put Josh in second and Jason in third.
    Heard Yan Han was ill. He's a bit slow and lacked of energy. Jason was clean and his program was excellent. His jump content won't fly at senior level.
    It could go both ways Yan Han lost tons of points in sp if we're being objective. However, if Han was representing Canada, I'm sure he would win by being 'superb' in ss. The judging system is a joke.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Regardless I still love Jason and he won a junior competition so I guess skating juniorish because he had no 3 axel is appropriate. However I'm really surprised that he hasn't just gone for an axel. Maybe he should try a quad because sometimes that might be easier for someone who can't do an axel. He still should just go for it even if it's 2 footed. If he doesn't do one next season then I would say maybe there isn't much hope but he still can jump. All of his other jumps are just fine.
    I think Phil Hersh just did an interview with Jason and he said that Jason literally practices 3As almost obsessively every day but has yet to stand up AND rotate one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think Phil Hersh just did an interview with Jason and he said that Jason literally practices 3As almost obsessively every day but has yet to stand up AND rotate one.
    That is quite alarming. Poor Jason...such a nice kid. I hope it clicks for him. It's would be a waste since he can obviously do all the other jumps, awesome spins and footwork.

Still love the kid.
    Last edited by lavender; 12-10-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast