Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Junior Men - LP

Rinkside
    Congrats to Jason!
    I heard Han Yan caught a bad cold and had a high fever during the competition. Hope he'll recover soon.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Words cannot express how happy I am that Jason won, and did so with one of the most beautiful performances in any discipline this season. Simply sublime. There is just something so satisfying and complete about his every move. And that footwork sequence was nuts: going from near standstill to halfway across the rink on just one foot, without any stroking. O_O And that final spin! Lambiel would be proud. I don't entirely fathom how he only got level 4 on one spin (and not the last one, either), or why his SS didn't crack 7. But at least his footwork got a level 4, and he got great +GOE all around.

Custom Title
    Just watched JB....he was awesome. He just has to get that axel. I want him to succeed in the future.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Brown really put the junior in this competition. I mean based on this everyone has a future in seniors skating except him.

It's not even about mastering- how about an attempt? So he won the JRGPF. He won it without a 3A - couldn't mean less.
    OK, I already lost my temper in another thread tonight, so I am trying to remain calm from now on, but I strongly disagree with this.

Brown displayed senior level ability in a number of areas crucial to PCS. Yes, he is missing a 3A or quad. But he is extremely advanced for his age other than that. Is it too early to declare him the next great competitive skater? Obviously. And I think I've been critical in the past of comments about Sochi. But reactions that are extreme in the other direction are silly, too.

BTW, Evan Lysacek didn't get his triple axel until he was a few months shy of turning 18 and I'd say his senior competitive career certainly went places. Jason is 16. Just something to keep in mind...

Custom Title
    Josh didn't shake hands with the other two on the podium, ummm...

Han coughed a lot on the podium, seems really ill

And Jason just keeping giggling like a silly girl
    Last edited by apple123; 12-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Jason Brown far exceeds the top level senior skaters in many areas of skating even. The kid is special. I wish him a 3axel and/or quad just so I can see more of him in the future. But his performance today stands as an indelible piece of art.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Jason Brown far exceeds the top level senior skaters in many areas of skating even. The kid is special. I wish him a 3axel and/or quad just so I can see more of him in the future. But his performance today stands as an indelible piece of art.
    Oh my lord, give me a break, no 3A, bent knees, poor upbody gesture, should I continue?

Custom Title
    I read a couple of days ago that Han Yan had a bad flu and lost substantial weight.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    Oh my lord, give me a break, no 3A, bent knees, poor upbody gesture, should I continue?
    I think you need to rewatch the program because other than the 3A remark I don't agree with the rest of your comments.

"Bent knees"? Do you look at his jump landings? How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...wK2wJrg#t=122s

And what's so bad about his upper body gesture? He is ridiculously fluid in his movements.

Do you have some sort of problem with Brown? Judging from your comment about his "giggling like a silly girl"... the boy is 16 and has just won the biggest title of his career. Do you want him stony-faced?
    Last edited by burntBREAD; 12-10-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think you need to rewatch the program because other than the 3A remark I don't agree with the rest of your comments.

"Bent knees"? Do you look at his jump landings? How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...wK2wJrg#t=122s

And what's so bad about his upper body gesture? He is ridiculously fluid in his movements.

You appear to have some sort of vendetta against Jason, judging from your comment about his "giggling like a silly girl". The boy is 16 and has just won the biggest title of his career. Do you want him stony-faced? I'm sure you'd complain that he looks ungrateful then.
    Let's say it one by one. Bent knee, I'm talking about the free leg, he has no extension whatsoever. Poor upbody gesture, his upbody is stiff, I'm surprised Lambiel didn't teach him a thing or two. As for "giggling like a silly girl", I'm just saying it as what it is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post

Do you have some sort of problem with Brown? Judging from your comment about his "giggling like a silly girl"... the boy is 16 and has just won the biggest title of his career. Do you want him stony-faced?
    And why changing your post? I'm just expressing my opinion. If you feel the need to attack, that says it all.

Custom Title
    Didn't Rohene Ward do Jason's programs?

Custom Title
    Yup, Rohene did the choreo. And it shows.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    I agree.. He is something special and have qualities I do not even see in senior skaters

Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    BTW, Evan Lysacek didn't get his triple axel until he was a few months shy of turning 18 and I'd say his senior competitive career certainly went places. Jason is 16. Just something to keep in mind...
    Interesting. Anyone know what the typical age is for these elite male skaters to get a triple axel?

I really like him as a skater...just watching his facial expression backstage after he won, there's something endearing about him too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast