Junior Men - LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Men - LP

apple123

On the Ice
Bad luck for Josh, the fall at the end of SlSt came out of nowhere and completely caught him off guard, he seemed to lose focus a bit after that

gmyers

Record Breaker
Brown really put the junior in this competition. I mean based on this everyone has a future in seniors skating except him.

hybfc

Rinkside
I am glad Jason won here. I am afraid he is going nowhere in the future with his jumping ability...

burntBREAD

Medalist
Brown really put the junior in this competition. I mean based on this everyone has a future in seniors skating except him.

Obviously that's why he won the whole thing, you know. You need to calm down over the fact that he has not mastered a triple axel.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Obviously that's why he won the whole thing, you know. You need to calm down over the fact that he has not mastered a triple axel.

It's not even about mastering- how about an attempt? So he won the JRGPF. He won it without a 3A - couldn't mean less.

lavender

Record Breaker
Regardless I still love Jason and he won a junior competition so I guess skating juniorish because he had no 3 axel is appropriate. However I'm really surprised that he hasn't just gone for an axel. Maybe he should try a quad because sometimes that might be easier for someone who can't do an axel. He still should just go for it even if it's 2 footed. If he doesn't do one next season then I would say maybe there isn't much hope but he still can jump. All of his other jumps are just fine.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Have to say Han should win here. I would put Josh in second and Jason in third.

Heard Yan Han was ill. He's a bit slow and lacked of energy. Jason was clean and his program was excellent. His jump content won't fly at senior level.
It could go both ways Yan Han lost tons of points in sp if we're being objective. However, if Han was representing Canada, I'm sure he would win by being 'superb' in ss. The judging system is a joke.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Regardless I still love Jason and he won a junior competition so I guess skating juniorish because he had no 3 axel is appropriate. However I'm really surprised that he hasn't just gone for an axel. Maybe he should try a quad because sometimes that might be easier for someone who can't do an axel. He still should just go for it even if it's 2 footed. If he doesn't do one next season then I would say maybe there isn't much hope but he still can jump. All of his other jumps are just fine.

I think Phil Hersh just did an interview with Jason and he said that Jason literally practices 3As almost obsessively every day but has yet to stand up AND rotate one.

lavender

Record Breaker
I think Phil Hersh just did an interview with Jason and he said that Jason literally practices 3As almost obsessively every day but has yet to stand up AND rotate one.

That is quite alarming. Poor Jason...such a nice kid. I hope it clicks for him. It's would be a waste since he can obviously do all the other jumps, awesome spins and footwork.

Still love the kid.

Last edited:

Sicilia

Spectator
Congrats to Jason!
I heard Han Yan caught a bad cold and had a high fever during the competition. Hope he'll recover soon.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Words cannot express how happy I am that Jason won, and did so with one of the most beautiful performances in any discipline this season. Simply sublime. There is just something so satisfying and complete about his every move. And that footwork sequence was nuts: going from near standstill to halfway across the rink on just one foot, without any stroking. O_O And that final spin! Lambiel would be proud. I don't entirely fathom how he only got level 4 on one spin (and not the last one, either), or why his SS didn't crack 7. But at least his footwork got a level 4, and he got great +GOE all around.

lavender

Record Breaker
Just watched JB....he was awesome. He just has to get that axel. I want him to succeed in the future.

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice

It's not even about mastering- how about an attempt? So he won the JRGPF. He won it without a 3A - couldn't mean less.

OK, I already lost my temper in another thread tonight, so I am trying to remain calm from now on, but I strongly disagree with this.

Brown displayed senior level ability in a number of areas crucial to PCS. Yes, he is missing a 3A or quad. But he is extremely advanced for his age other than that. Is it too early to declare him the next great competitive skater? Obviously. And I think I've been critical in the past of comments about Sochi. But reactions that are extreme in the other direction are silly, too.

BTW, Evan Lysacek didn't get his triple axel until he was a few months shy of turning 18 and I'd say his senior competitive career certainly went places. Jason is 16. Just something to keep in mind...

apple123

On the Ice
Josh didn't shake hands with the other two on the podium, ummm...

Han coughed a lot on the podium, seems really ill

And Jason just keeping giggling like a silly girl

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Jason Brown far exceeds the top level senior skaters in many areas of skating even. The kid is special. I wish him a 3axel and/or quad just so I can see more of him in the future. But his performance today stands as an indelible piece of art.

apple123

On the Ice
Jason Brown far exceeds the top level senior skaters in many areas of skating even. The kid is special. I wish him a 3axel and/or quad just so I can see more of him in the future. But his performance today stands as an indelible piece of art.

Oh my lord, give me a break, no 3A, bent knees, poor upbody gesture, should I continue?

burntBREAD

Medalist
Oh my lord, give me a break, no 3A, bent knees, poor upbody gesture, should I continue?

I think you need to rewatch the program because other than the 3A remark I don't agree with the rest of your comments.

"Bent knees"? Do you look at his jump landings? How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB920927D91493464&feature=player_detailpage&v=IYtxwK2wJrg#t=122s

And what's so bad about his upper body gesture? He is ridiculously fluid in his movements.

Do you have some sort of problem with Brown? Judging from your comment about his "giggling like a silly girl"... the boy is 16 and has just won the biggest title of his career. Do you want him stony-faced?

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
I think you need to rewatch the program because other than the 3A remark I don't agree with the rest of your comments.

"Bent knees"? Do you look at his jump landings? How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB920927D91493464&feature=player_detailpage&v=IYtxwK2wJrg#t=122s

And what's so bad about his upper body gesture? He is ridiculously fluid in his movements.

You appear to have some sort of vendetta against Jason, judging from your comment about his "giggling like a silly girl". The boy is 16 and has just won the biggest title of his career. Do you want him stony-faced? I'm sure you'd complain that he looks ungrateful then.

Let's say it one by one. Bent knee, I'm talking about the free leg, he has no extension whatsoever. Poor upbody gesture, his upbody is stiff, I'm surprised Lambiel didn't teach him a thing or two. As for "giggling like a silly girl", I'm just saying it as what it is.