Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Junior Competitors and Predictions

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Yes, I hope he'll be OK. They definitely have a more mature presentation ( but a little passionless) , and while I dislike their SD ,I like their FD very much. There are some beautiful touches in it.I wish her costume was a bit better connected to the music. It was pretty too naked at challenge .. so now , they added those drapey-strappy things at the back , which are not so naked but make her look a bit thick about the middle.

oops! got to fry some sausages ..I'll be back

Custom Title
    I watched Poulin/Servant video and didn't detect anything during the performance. He might be unwell and over exerted himself. They were quite good, with a bit of V/M crispness though they need more polish and improvements here and there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I watched Poulin/Servant video and didn't detect anything during the performance. He might be unwell and over exerted himself. They were quite good, with a bit of V/M crispness though they need more polish and improvements here and there.
    The only thing that I saw during the skate was that they were a little slower than normal during some of the sections. I agree, I like their crispness, and I think they have a nice flow across the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Thankfully, Marc-Andre Servant seemed to be OK during that medal ceremony. He was all smiles, laughing and joking with the others. He and Andreanne looked absolutely thrilled.

Mitchell Gordon really put on a show. Amazing, to win juniors the year after winning novice. He's 15, right? You could tell he really left an impression on the crowd, too, because when he came out to get his medal, they cheered loud enough to be heard over the arena music. Considering how many people were in the arena, that's saying something. Hopefully, this will mean a junior worlds trip for him as well.
    I hardly think that Gordon will get a trip to JW this year. It will likely be Firus and Nam getting the slots. Rogozine may replace one of Firus or Nam should he fail to make the senior world team. I would expect 14 JGP slots ( countries 1 - 3 ) next year if Rogozine competes. IMO the Firus/Nam combo can get 7 slots ( countries 4-6). Gordon will be the next one on the list should injury occur.

Gordon likely will get 2 JGP slots next year unless he bombs his first assignment. I am reasonably sure Nam, O'Brien and Gordon will get the early slots as they have met SC standards. Summer competitions will determine who might get the other slots. BTW Firus will age out after JW.

Rinkside
    Congrats to Andréanne and Marc-André!!!!!!!! WELL DESERVED!The last couples of years they were struggling in competition, having a hard time with their nerves on the twizzles. So happy for them 2 clean programs! Too bad I couldn't watch their SD (problems with the streaming grrrr), I'm curious to know how was the SD with her new dress...

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I shouldn't post in a hurry... I meant to say, Andreanne's dress was pretty, but too naked at challenge, and now , I don't like the chiffony bits tacked on at the back ( but they're not ugly or anything ). I just don't think the dress reflects the flavour of the music.

Edwards and Pang did another great job with their very involving FD..I love this team , there's a bit of stardust on them .
    Bruser and Lum ! ..that was a great come back ( just knew they could do it ) ..Both these teams have me totally won over. I love their connection to their music and while it's very easy to look at the girls, both guys really have that partner thing going for them..

Are these performances archived online anywhere? I didn't catch the live streaming but I'd like to watch some of the top performances now ... or do we just hope they show up on YouTube at some point?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcdermott View Post
    Are these performances archived online anywhere? I didn't catch the live streaming but I'd like to watch some of the top performances now ... or do we just hope they show up on YouTube at some point?
    they're all archived on ustream/skatebuzz/whatever i'm pretty sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3