Caitlin Yankowskas is prepared but unpaired | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Caitlin Yankowskas is prepared but unpaired

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Caitlin is so lovely. I see Caydee as the athlete of the two, but it is hard to believe there is not a partner for her. Pairs skating must be very dead in the US. Such a far cry from the days of Tai and Randy. With so much money needed to reach the elite level, no wonder people don't want their kids to take up such a difficult, dangerous and dead end sport. I hope she goes to Canada for a partner as someone suggested rather than try singles skating. At 21 she is older than she seems to acknowledge for singles.

I never understood the reason for this split, but I personally prefer for former pair to the current one.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I hope she goes to Canada for a partner as someone suggested rather than try singles skating.

That might be a good idea for Caitlin. Some good--and tall--male pairs skaters have emerged recently in Canada: Dylan Moscovitch and Eric Radford come to mind. Maybe there's more guys like that yet to be found. It seems like pairs skating for men is more accepted and higher-profile in Canada than in the U.S. I would prefer if Caitlin could find an American partner. But if that's not possible, I'd rather see her skate for Canada than not skate at all. She is too good to have her career end now.

Couglin dumping her for the sloppy Caydee Denney was a horrible choice IMO. Basically two truck drivers paired together, their max is probably 8th in the World or something.

LOL, you couldn't be more right about D/C! :) In some ways he and Caydee are actually a better match because neither is very good artistically. However I think Coughlin will now find his upward mobility rather limited. Caitlin's loveliness distracted quite effectively from his artistic shortcomings; much less so with Caydee.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
in the article Cailtyn stated the reason why her short partnership this year ended was because he wanted to skate for Italy and she only wants to skate for teh US... so I think skating FOR Canada is out... unless one of the Canadian men want to skate for the US it ain't happenin'.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
That might be a good idea for Caitlin. Some good--and tall--male pairs skaters have emerged recently in Canada: Dylan Moscovitch and Eric Radford come to mind. Maybe there's more guys like that yet to be found. It seems like pairs skating for men is more accepted and higher-profile in Canada than in the U.S. I would prefer if Caitlin could find an American partner. But if that's not possible, I'd rather see her skate for Canada than not skate at all. She is too good to have her career end now.

LOL, you couldn't be more right about D/C! :) In some ways he and Caydee are actually a better match because neither is very good artistically. However I think Coughlin will now find his upward mobility rather limited. Caitlin's loveliness distracted quite effectively from his artistic shortcomings; much less so with Caydee.

Too funny! Yes, keep this post pangtongfan as you are probably dead on prophetic about 8th place for the 'new team." he made a mistake, man!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
in the article Cailtyn stated the reason why her short partnership this year ended was because he wanted to skate for Italy and she only wants to skate for teh US... so I think skating FOR Canada is out... unless one of the Canadian men want to skate for the US it ain't happenin'.

You might be right. However, who knows, maybe she'd change her mind if the right partner came along. She might have nixed the Italian partner because 1) she'd prefer to compete for the U.S. and also 2) she just didn't see sufficient potential in the partnership to justify a citizenship switch. Maybe she'd reconsider if a more ideal partner appeared from a different country. Just a thought.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Also, though Mateo is a good skater in his own right, he is primarily a roller skater who only recently switched to ice skating. He trained with Vasiliev for a year before moving to Michigan with Caitlyn. Plus, I think to get Italian citizenship, she'd have to move to Italy and live there. I know Berton and Hotarek are doing quite well for Italy now, but I don't think there are many coaches in Italy.

I do think that Caitlyn will find a partner in the US.