Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: GPF Free Dance, Sun. 12/11 at 1:50 pm EST

Custom Title
    I'm really impressed with W/P's growth as competitors. They seem to have put their tendency for silly mistakes behind them. Kodos to them. That score is really going to put the heat on P/B to be clean. The Shibs also looked far sharper than in past outings. They have more energy in the middle section. B/S are just too prone to silly errors and occasional sloppiness. Several of their lifts and steps had too many awkward moments in and out.

Custom Title
    i was almost in tears seeing weaver poje. beautiful program, beautiful interpretation

Custom Title
    Oooh lunch getting cold, but computer screen is smoking! Andrew Poje, yum. Congrats on SB.

Custom Title
    no new dress for Tessa. I was hoping to see a black one

Custom Title
    Nathalie Pechalat sure is a beautiful mummy!! Love watching her skate around in warmup.

Custom Title
    B/S: They just seem to be trying too hard. It's so heavy for them. They need to change this up and find their way. This program is not it. They looked slow as well.

Shibs: Beautiful DANCING. They really do so much so well. It was bright, cheerful, and well skated. Good for them. It will be interesting to compare this to Virtue/Moir, who have a program in the same genre sort of.

Weaver/Poje: Wow! Just amazingly well done. Not a step wrong today, and simply gorgeous. Besides Virtue/Moir at the Olympics, and well just about anytime, and Davis/White in Samson and Delilah and Bollywood, this is the only other occasion I've had chills and tears. I'm not an emotional person, but this sucked me in. In all those sport vs art debates, I think this team does a simply fabulous job of marrying those 2 things. It's not overdone. Or trying too hard. It just is, and is fantastic.

Now the next flight.

Custom Title
    weaver and poje was way overmarked--just goes to show since shibs got bronze medal last year--rigging it for weaver/poje this year.

steps wasn't that good and was easy.
    yes, had lots of ups and downs but outside of that easy.

want weaver and poje to medal in gpf final

Custom Title
    no new dress...

I DO like red one but somehow I thought Tessa would so even further.

but now - THE MUMMY :D

Custom Title
    I like Weaver/Poje a lot. They just have this "certain something" in my opinion, same like their fellow countrymen. It's ice dancers like them who made me watching ice dancing.

Custom Title
    personally i would put weaver and poje above pechalat and bourzat in free dance, even though i thought was overmarked i thought skated dance better and pechalat/bourzat.

Custom Title
    I dont think P&B did enough to say ahead of W&P.
    There were few little problems. Nothing mayor.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Flying threads, Egyptian hands... this mummy dance is not for me. Why are they ahead of W/P? Will have to study my dorispulaski!

Custom Title
    That was tad shaky. I'd have them 2nd. But the judges disagree with me. Have to see the protocols.

Custom Title
    Well, Fabian had let go his foot in the twizzle a little too early.
    I am sure they will take out some points for that.

Custom Title
    Nah, that mummy dance is indeed not the best choice for them.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast