GPF Exhibition Gala (Seniors & Juniors) | Golden Skate

GPF Exhibition Gala (Seniors & Juniors)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Javier's fully prone body slide right into a 3axel was SIIIICK. I don't even know how that's possible. Very credible pop dancing in the rest of that routine to Bruno Mars' "The Lazy Song". The best program fit for Javier I've seen yet.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Aww.. I missed it :(
There is just a rerun of ice dance right now unless I am doing something wrong.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Aww.. I missed it :(
There is just a rerun of ice dance right now unless I am doing something wrong.

There's an intermission in the gala. They're showing the ice dance reruns while the zambonis run, I believe. None of the senior champions have skated yet in the gala.

FTnoona

Final Flight
There's an intermission in the gala. They're showing the ice dance reruns while the zambonis run, I believe. None of the senior champions have skated yet in the gala.

Oh yay! Did Hanyu and Takahashi already skate? I hope Javier's vid is posted on youtube soon.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Oh yay! Did Hanyu and Takahashi already skate? I hope Javier's vid is posted on youtube soon.

I tuned in 10 mins into the broadcast, I might have missed 1 or 2 acts. But other than that, I didn't see Hanyu or Takahashi skate yet. Javier's vid will be on YouTube, don't doubt it! I hear there are some people, who for whatever reason, find him to be quite a dish.

Edited to add: In case you haven't seen already, they're back to the gala, although there's nothing going on as the intermission is still ongoing.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I tuned in 10 mins into the broadcast, I might have missed 1 or 2 acts. But other than that, I didn't see Hanyu or Takahashi skate yet. Javier's vid will be on YouTube, don't doubt it! I hear there are some people, who for whatever reason, find him to be quite a dish.

Edited to add: In case you haven't seen already, they're back to the gala, although there's nothing going on as the intermission is still ongoing.

Awesome thanks for the heads up :D

FTnoona

Final Flight
I wonder if the exhibition is skated in order or not? Haha I was wonder what Frutolax was until I saw the commercial.
Yay I didn't miss Hanyu!

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I wonder if the exhibition is skated in order or not? Haha I was wonder what Frutolax was until I saw the commercial.

Frutolax seems to be the only sponsor of this channel's entire GPF broadcast. Since I've been watching it for the last few days, I've seen that ad over and over, as well as the bug advertising them in the corner of the screen.

Whoo, and there's Yuzuru!

Amazing skate by K/S but that arrangement of Dk Eyes has to go. I like Russian basses but this guy sounded like molasses. Still, great showpiece and K gets to be a little Russian diva!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So much beauty in Daisuke and S/S's quiet and subtle pieces. I am in awe.

Me too. First Dai skated and then after S/S skated I looked over at my cat (who enjoys skating unlike my hubby who was watching football in his man-cave), and said please pinch me
because I believe I have died and gone to heaven.

skatinginbc

Medalist
My cat Sheba likes watching figure skating as well. She used to chase and snatch skaters on the TV screen and now would fall into sleep while watching skaters spinning or circling around.

Last edited: