Scott Moir says its a piss off | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Scott Moir says its a piss off

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe went to the olympics in 2006. They skated in the amatuer ranks for close to 20 years.

Oh and by the Way, I consider Marie France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon to be more artistic. Nothing can beat Love and Romance on the ice the way they did

Last edited:

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Wing & Lowe won the silver at Canadians that year because of the compulsory dance. V&M had slightly higher scores in the OD and FD, but couldn't catch them because of compulsories.

In which interview did they say they should have been named to the team?

skateflower

Match Penalty
Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe went to the olympics in 2006. They skated in the amatuer ranks for close to 20 years.

That is really cruel of Scott Moir. I'll tell you I wonder what Tessa thinks of her partner when he says things like this.

Oh and by the Way, I consider Marie France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon to be more artistic. Nothing can beat Love and Romance on the ice the way they portrayed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSPrLNs5-k&feature=related
4'00. They were quite diplomatic. Was it true they were undermarked by the judges?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Chan should send Scott flowers for taking the attention off of him for a spell.

Maybe that's why he's doing it? I could totally see that. He's very pro-Canada in his comments (cheering for Toronto and Detroit during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, he's called Chan is favourite skater and Buttle's World LP his favourite skate).

And Lee Harvey Oswald is helping him!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I remember the uproar when they were beaten in juniors by Senft & Gislaison. There was a thread that went on for 50 pages or so about a jr team national event.

Never believe your own adoring press. They were not better than Denkova & Staviyski. Nor in 2007, than Dubreuil & Lauzon.

:yes: certain level of self confidence is a great thing in an athlete, but there's a point where you don't improve because you think you are perfect already. Which is never a smart place to be. IMO.

Wonderfully said! I am disappointed in his remarks and am shocked he stated its a piss off. Not the way to address the judging of your training partners and rivals or to imply they are inferior to them artistically. I think someone needs to attend sensitivity class....... Def insert foot in mouth moment

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
I just editied my post near the top of the page.

Tne more things, they are World and Olympic Champions right?
Will making remarks like this help them?
Its almost 2012 now, I hope they are proud of their Olympics. Not making the 2006 Olympics is 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSPrLNs5-k&feature=related
4'00. They were quite diplomatic. Was it true they were undermarked by the judges?

She said they were disappointed not to go, not that they were undermarked and deserved the spot over Wing & Lowe. She also said they tend to look at what they can improve upon rather than blame the judging. That wasn't crying foul at all. This came up in another thread too; Chan was criticized for saying he was disappointed to finish fifth at the Olympics. In both cases, being disappointed in a result doesn't mean you thought the judging was unfair, just that you were hoping for more success than you got.

Nothing remotely objectionable in that fun question and answer session with fans. Tessa says, "I can't think of any time that we felt we were robbed. We were disappointed that we didn't get to go to the 2006 Olympics. But (I couldn't make out the next sentence) -- those were different - or difficult? -- times?"

skatinginbc

Medalist
And I thought he was a friend of Charlie and Meryl. I guess his ego outranked whatever friendship he had with his training mates.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I just editied my post near the top of the page.

Tne more things, they are World and Olympic Champions right?
Will making remarks like this help them?
Its almost 2012 now, I hope they are proud of their Olympics. Not making the 2006 Olympics is 6 years ago.

One of the consequences of trying new things - which they are with their Funny Face FD (portraying characters, different emotional tone then in the past) - is that they don't always get met with the same level of enthusiasm as your stock-and-trade. I myself find I'm not responding to Fliedermaus as much as Samson and Delilah because I prefer D/W majestic and dramatic.

No, making remarks like this won't help them get better marks.

They were asked specifically if they ever felt robbed by the judges. That was their response.

When I was 13, I poked my best friend in the eye with a highlighter because he pissed me off. We remained good friends for seven years+ after that. If the Canton quartet's friendship can't handle this.... well, lets think of happier times

Last edited:

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
One of the consequences of trying new things - which they are with their Funny Face FD (portraying characters, different emotional tone then in the past) - is that they don't always get met with the same level of enthusiasm as your stock-and-trade. I myself find I'm not responding to Fliedermaus as much as Samson and Delilah because I prefer D/W majestic and dramatic.

No, making remarks like this won't help them get better marks.

They were asked specifically if they ever felt robbed by the judges. That was their response.

When I was 13, I stabbed my best friend in the eye with a highlighter because he pissed me off. We remained good friends for seven years+ after that. If the Canton quartet's friendship can't handle this.... well, lets think of happier times

thanks for your clarifications.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Another interview/article? This is getting better and better!!
http://www.thestar.com/article/1100389--dimanno-virtue-and-moir-steaming-over-ice-dance-silver

Despite his fall in the Latin-flavoured short dance, Moir was of the opinion he and Virtue got shafted. “It didn’t make sense to us in the short dance for some of our scores, especially some of the GOEs.”
He continued: “We didn’t get our levels in the short dance. They were being pretty sticky with them so we really tried to focus on that today.”

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's crazy that nowaday, a skater can NOT voice their view/opinion anymore, or you will be labled as such and such. First, it's Chan, and now V/M. I don't think there's anything wrong with either Chan or V/M's remarks, as it's their opinions and that's how they feel. Who are you and I to say they can or can't say?

It's always been that way. Plushenko and Weir were both hit with it. Candeloro and Stojko...

shoot Browning in commentary was not so... "nice" in his commentary of Alexi Urmanov and people were calling for sour grapes...

Nancy Kerrigan got hit hard by her remarks made about Oksana Baiul's crying at the olys...

this is hardly a NEW thing...

What does "it's bulletin board material" mean? Is that a Canadian saying?

he may be referring to FSU and GS and other message boards (which were/are also called bulletin boards) and how we hash things out to death.

Is this what happened with Belbin/Agosto or was it more amicable?

considering Tanith is dating Charlie White, it was definitely more amicable... that being said, Marina Zoueva was not so kind in her interviews about their leaving.

Sorry, but how often did Stojko complain about 1994? Or B/K in general about the evil Russians (even by 2010, it was clear that Kraatz still nursed that chip).

don't forget Lloyd Eisler, as well, had a massive issue with losing to those pesky russians (even as pros up against G&G)... his most famous quote is "I don't give a rat's ***" in regards to seeing their scores knowing their placement :laugh:

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
The only thing Scott said that I'm annoyed about is claiming he & Tessa have been the best artistic skaters in the world for 5 years-in other words, since 2007, their first year in seniors. So in 2007, he thinks he was more artistic than Denkova & Staviyski, who were truly awesome in that year? Or more than Delobel & Schoenfelder for that matter?

Jeezum. Crow.

Thank you thank you thank you! Ugh, I guess it's easy for Moir to have such hubris when they've been compared to Torvill and Dean so early on. They may have been the most consistent technicians of the past 2-3 years, but the most artistic of the past 5 years? No.

And Bonnie & Clyde >>> Valse Triste, imo.

Vash01

Medalist
What does "it's bulletin board material" mean? Is that a Canadian saying?

In the USA (I don't know about Canada, but they do train in Michigan) in sports, if someone from the opposing team/coaches or from the media says something negative or humiliating about an athlete or a team, they post it on the bulletin board in the locker room, as something to motivate them with. I believe that's what Scott is talking about.

Sorry Scott. You did not skate well enough to win this competition. Be a sport about it. If getting PO'ed about these results motivates you (and Tessa) to skate better, so be it. Just don't whine in public because you did fall in the SD, and D&W skated two wonderful programs. I liked D&W's FD more than V&M's. There was more freedom in their skating, and they really sold it. It was beautiful. V&M skated very well in the FD, but just a bit less than D&W and the scores reflected that. Actually I thought D&W would win the FD by a bigger margin.