Ksenia MONKO Kirill KHALIAVIN | Golden Skate

Ksenia MONKO Kirill KHALIAVIN

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
What happened to them? Any updates? Are they still skating? Will they compete this season and shock us with medal worthy programs?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
He got sick, so they had to withdraw from their two events. They are GREAT at getting levels and could really surprise at Nationals, since they're against three teams that aren't that great at that.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
He got sick, so they had to withdraw from their two events. They are GREAT at getting levels and could really surprise at Nationals, since they're against three teams that aren't that great at that.

Is it confirmed they will compete? I wonder if Russia has some type of plan with them to shock Bobrova and company and win Nationals... Which would put them in the mix at Europeans and Worlds.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Was it mono that he had??? I don't remember. However, it can be very hard to come back from a long illness. All your muscles are shot to heck.

babayaga

On the Ice
Is it confirmed they will compete? I wonder if Russia has some type of plan with them to shock Bobrova and company and win Nationals... Which would put them in the mix at Europeans and Worlds.

Well, they are on the entry list. Kustarova talked about his illness in one of her interviews some time ago and said that unfortunately they won't be able to get back in shape to participate in GP so they'll just train for Nationals.

ETA: dorispulaski, I think you are right, that's what he had. It's hard to say what shape they are in, but at least there wasn't any bad news since. I think they started training again mid-October, so it's been two months of training.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Was it mono that he had??? I don't remember. However, it can be very hard to come back from a long illness. All your muscles are shot to heck.

I read that on several boards, but no links, so I didn't want to say that.

bsp, I doubt that they'll WIN Nationals - PCS will undo them there. But they could pip R/T for that third slot. Would be interesting to see who gets sent to Euros and Worlds in that circumstance.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I read that on several boards, but no links, so I didn't want to say that.

bsp, I doubt that they'll WIN Nationals - PCS will undo them there. But they could pip R/T for that third slot. Would be interesting to see who gets sent to Euros and Worlds in that circumstance.
I actually think if they compete decently they will get second at least. That Romeo Juliet program by the other Russian couple is about the most god-awful program I ever saw for a top flight team.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
To be fair, I/K have skated the same program to three different types of music (Adele, Ave Maria, and a random music selection at Russian Test skates), so I don't blame you for being confused.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I would like to see them back on track,I was one of few people who actually loved their Frida FD.(maybe I am subjective because I really love the music they used though :D )
Anyone knows their programs this season?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I would like to see them back on track,I was one of few people who actually loved their Frida FD.(maybe I am subjective because I really love the music they used though :D )
Anyone knows their programs this season?

I think I read somewhere they have tango FD, but don't know details.
Can't wait to see this team at Nationals, but they are number two in their group after B/S, so I'm a bit worried for them

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I think I read somewhere they have tango FD, but don't know details.
Can't wait to see this team at Nationals, but they are number two in their group after B/S, so I'm a bit worried for them

Thank you! A tango might be a good choice for them. Can't wait for Russian nationals!

Tatjana

On the Ice
I asked their coach Elena Kustarova about them at the GP Final. She said that they are back training, but it took him a long time to recover as he indeed suffered from mononucleosis. He was unable to practice fully until recently. But she said that they are preparing for Russian Nationals. Just the week before the GP Final they were able to do the first full run-throughs of their programs and they went well. It will be interesting to see them at Nationals.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I asked their coach Elena Kustarova about them at the GP Final. She said that they are back training, but it took him a long time to recover as he indeed suffered from mononucleosis. He was unable to practice fully until recently. But she said that they are preparing for Russian Nationals. Just the week before the GP Final they were able to do the first full run-throughs of their programs and they went well. It will be interesting to see them at Nationals.

Thanks for the info Tatjana

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:disapp: I really hope this is true and they will compete at Nationals and hopefully is the start of the ongoing progress, if they can at least make it to the podium they may surprise us by next season in competitions

Last edited: