Favorite Christmas/Holiday Movie? | Golden Skate

Favorite Christmas/Holiday Movie?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What are some of your favorite movies to watch this time of year?

On top of my list (which is long) are It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, Muppet Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1&2 and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The annual showing of Charlie Brown's Christmas

A Christmas Story (Hilarious if you are old enough to remember the Red Ryder BB gun & decoder rings, not to mention Little Orphan Annie as a radio show)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A Wonderful Life and the Christmas Story are my top favorites.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not a big fan of A Christmas Story, but that could be because Dad over quotes it... he also loves Elf...

I have way more favorite movies than what I listed, but I didn't want to show just how obsessed I am with that genre of film lol (you should see my movie collection... )

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott / A Christmas Story because "you'll shoot your eye out, kid!" / Charlie Brown Christmas Special and of course, Love Actually - because "to me, you are perfect."

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
KW, I double dog dare you to say that again!!!!

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I love so many but I'm pretty sure A Christmas Story is my favorite.

One of my very favorite things about Christmas is the 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon on TBS.

Johar

Medalist
It's a Wonderful Life
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Holiday Inn
A Christmas Carol (1984 with George C. Scott)
Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
A Christmas Story
Rudolph
Charlie Brown Christmas Story

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Merry Christmas everyone!

My all time favorite is "A Christmas Carol" starring Alistair Sims. To me his is the quintessential Scrooge! I also love other standards like:

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, A Chrismas Story, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Yes Virginia There is a Santa Claus, The Little Drummer Boy, The Year Without A Santa Claus, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and there's one much less known Christmas movie from the early 1970's-probably only those old enough would be familiar with it "The House Without A Christmas Tree". I ordered it a couple of years ago through Amazon. I also love Christmas or Holiday episodes like My So-Called Life's "So Called Angels", and "The Story of Festivus" from Seinfeld! :biggrin: Also Twilight Zone's "The Night of the Meek" (1960 version with Art Carney).

Some new Christmas faves are "Love Actually" and "About A Boy".

Last edited: