Patrick Chan wins Lou Marsh Award as Canada’s top athlete | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan wins Lou Marsh Award as Canada’s top athlete

lcd

Match Penalty
Never a dull moment, and such ironic timing. Congratulations to him. I suppose all the controversy and press INK serves the purpose of drawing attention to this even on a skating board, haha!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mod Note: There are enough places to voice displeasure in the GPF result - or whatever battle people feel they need to rehash - there's no need to continue the fight here.

Moderator's note: Let's agree to have a germancy rule for this "yay Patrick!" thread, OK? Only posts germane to the theme "Yay Patrick!" :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My casual fan friend called me today and mentioned that he saw Patrick on CBC this morning and he seemed like such a nice guy. He particularly liked that Patrick said that he felt like a winner already every time he got to step on the ice to compete.

I'm waiting for video.

I'm 99% sure that's not a real word.

I confess I couldn't find it in any of my big dictionaries. The on-line dictionaries keep asking me, "Did you mean to search for Germany?" :)

I didn't make it up, though. I think it is used in parliamentary language referring to amendments of the rules to cut off filibusters. As in, for instance, "So, Senator So-and-so, do you think there is any possibility of getting the other party to shut up long enough to vote on this bill?"

"A germancy rule for this august body? Ha ha, and, may I add, ho ho."