French National Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

French National Championships

figureskate

On the Ice
Shaba, how do you watch two (or more?) competitions at the same time? :)

I wonder why so many federations have their nationals the week afte the GPF? Didn't they expect their skaters to compete there?

It happens with western european nations because christmas would be a holiday time (it's just my supposition considering that's the policy of all european nations except russia that follows another calendar) and european championships are held in january

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Go Brian & Chafik!!

And I'm so glad to see Zahorski & Miart back competing!

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good thus far, but the battle is only half over, still the LP to go. And we all know Brian has a hard time skating two clean programs. We shall see.

In the meantime, I'm listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGGxlPE7FZY and getting pumped! :rock:

"The closer I get to the ring the more confident I get. Once I'm in the ring I'm a god. No one can beat me." - Mike Tyson

Shaba22

Final Flight
Pairs Final Results:
1 Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSO 137.75 2 1
2 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES 128.83 1 2
3 Anne-Laure LETSCHER / Artem PATLASOV 104.06 3 3

Shaba22

Final Flight
Ladies final results:
1 Yrétha SILETE 152.21 1 2
2 Maé-Bérénice MEITE 149.33 2 1
3 Anaïs VENTARD 143.74 4 3
4 Léna MAROCCO 134.48 3 4
5 Lénaëlle GILLERON - GORY 129.03 5 5
6 Laurine LECAVELIER 121.79 7 6
7 Laurianne CIRILLI 114.63 9 7
8 Bahia TALEB 112.03 6 8
9 Flora LEBLANC 107.46 8 9
10 Gabrielle SCALZO 98.22 10 10
11 Aline ZEROUROU 95.13 11 11
12 Sarah FERIAUX-RUBIN 83.34 12 12
http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/documents/elite2011/html/SEG004.HTM

Oh boy - Yretha wins! Congrats to her and the other medalists (the third of whom I've never heard of... but what lovely names).

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Brian JOUBERT 230.97 1 1
2 Florent AMODIO 210.42 2 2
3 Chafik BESSEGHIER 183.67 3 3

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joubert told Passion Patinage after the SP that he hadn't had too many clean SP run-throughs going into Nationals, and that he was still dealing with knee and back pain, which he didn't expect do go away; it seemed like he was trying to learn how to manage it. So I wasn't expecting much going into the LP. While it was not his best skate, I hope it's a step in the right direction after what must have been a very frustrating start to the season. Congratulations to him on his 8th national title! :clap:

Brian pulls it out again. Both he and Amodio are well below their PBs. But huge congrats to the eight-time French champion!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just got in and couldn't wait to check the results! So happy to see that Brian pulled through and managed to pull off his 8th win, which ties him with two other French luminaries, which means if he wins one more title he will be second behind Alain Giletti, and if he wins two more he will tie Mr. Giletti. And if Brian can manage 3 more titles he will become the greatest French Mens Champion of all time! Hang in there, Brian, you can do it. :cool: :love:

Here's to all the old warriors. *raises a glass of sparkling cider*

ps: and Congrats to Yretha Silete, whose skating I fell in love with last month when I saw her skate for the very first time in France. I foresee this as the beginning of a looong love relationship with French Nationals (just like Brian). :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Brian, I was worried a little about his injuries but he pulled it off, I am so happy for him. Congratulations to all of the medalists.