That Canadian Lady | Golden Skate

That Canadian Lady

Becki

Medalist

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was at Skate America some years ago, and that lady was there. She gave out animals to all the skaters----except the American ones.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I was at Skate America some years ago, and that lady was there. She gave out animals to all the skaters----except the American ones.

:laugh: All the skaters except the American ones? So she's 'that Canadian lady who wears a maple leaf sweater...and has a mysterious grudge against the US'.

To give her the benefit of doubt, perhaps she figured the American skaters would be getting enough support, since they were on home ice and all.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
OMG, yes. Who is she? She sure goes to a lot of figure skating events. Where does she get the time? the money?

I wonder especially this: does she freak the skaters out? I can just imagine finishing a skate, heading to the K&C thinking, oh god, crazy old (I'm sure nice but) lady wants to hug me. Glurg!

Last edited by a moderator:

Okami

On the Ice
I wonder especially this: does she freak the skaters out? I can just imagine finishing a skate, heading to the K&C thinking, oh god, crazy old (I'm sure nice but) * lady wants to hug me. Glurg!

It's not very nice to judge a person's mental state basing on some videos. :(

If I'm not mistaken, the lady in question is registered here and on many figure skating forums under the nickname yukisnowflake. Judging from her posts, he seems like a very nice and respectful person. IIRC she's a librarian (apologies if my memory's too rusty).

Last edited by a moderator:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I'm not mistaken, the lady in question is registered here and on many figure skating forums under the nickname yukisnowflake. Judging from her posts, he seems like a very nice and respectful person. IIRC she's a librarian (apologies if my memory's too rusty).

I think we have met her @ one of the Skate America competitions (2007?), and she was/is a very thoughtful lady.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
I went to Skate Canada when it was in Victoria, BC (2007?) and I do believe I recall seeing her there, too. I often spot her on t.v. broadcasts.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Isn't it great there are such enthusiastic and supportive figure skating fans like her around? :thumbsup: I'm sure skaters appreciate her.

prettykeys

Medalist
I was at Skate Canada this year ;) and I'm pretty sure she pulled out other countries' flags in addition to the Canadian flag. She seems wonderfully supportive of all the skaters, it was very nice to see.

ivy

On the Ice
I noticed her too and wondered who she was. It seemed like many skaters knew her cause they went straight too her. I'm surprised no one knows who she is.

I sort of assumed she had some ties to Skate Canada or gave money to help support skaters or something. If she's just a very enthusiastic fan she deserves her privacy.

larryb

Spectator
According to the Ice Network.com board, If you google "Meet the greatest skating fan in the world", the mystery will be solved. She seems very dedicated to say the least.

genki

On the Ice
I was with her at GPF in Quebec city. I will not tell you who she is, because I do not have a permission, but she is a very nice lady who loves figure skating as much as you guys on the board.:laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On a personal note, I went nuts when I saw her give the plush Donald Duck to Javier Fernandez @ Skate Canada! Big Disney fan here (particularly when it comes to Donald, just ask Toni, :laugh:), and I have that same Donald (the "kid" in me). I hope Javi takes good care of him. I also loved how he tipped his sombrero in the K&C (that was a sweet gesture too, for whomever gave him the sombrero). The lady in question is also a huge supporter of the Japanese skaters.