Mao was blessed with a mother who gave it her all | Golden Skate

Mao was blessed with a mother who gave it her all

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I am amazed that Mao has decided to compete, but of course, it is very true to her nature. She probably feels closest to her mother on the ice.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jenny Kirk was able to have one good year in tribute to her mother after losing her. Joannie rose above teh devastation to win an Olympic Bronze... others like Scott Hamilton found a newfound fire lit underneath them and achieved great things... Mao will have a lot of decisions to make and I hope that whatever she decides she continues to have the love and support of her fans. This is not about skating, now, but about herself and what she wants (unlike Joannie and Scott, Jenny really didn't want to continue she just felt that she should?)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you so much for the link to this beautiful article.

I simply did not know what to say when I read that Mao's mother had died. I had been so glad to see Mao back on the ice again, lovelier than ever. And then, when I saw a WD on the ISU results page, it shocked me. Then I saw the cause was her mother's illness, and how serious it was....and then, finally, the news of Mao's terrible loss. It's hard to write about it; my eyes just teared up when I wrote that last part, because I know what that is like. It's as if the sun has gone out of the sky.

It's still hard to say anything about it. I am profoundly sorry for Mao's loss, and I am glad that she is coming back to the ice right away; I think that may have a healing affect on her, as I think it did on Joannie. But I seem to be crying, so I'd better stop typing.

It's just that I read something about people not posting to this, so I decided to try. Dear Mao, our hearts are with you.

A well-known person once said that you can do anything if just one person believes in you. For the lucky ones among us, that person is often our mother. It's so wrenching to think that Mao and Mai have lost that steady, loving voice in their lives so early on. But I'm confident that they will carry her love with them for as long as they live.

I do hope Mao will be able to continue her skating career and be buoyed up by her mother's memory, as Joannie was. I'm sure Mao realizes that she has the support and affection of her numerous fans, in Japan and around the world, including many of us here.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I'm glad I read the article as I did not know Mao would compete so soon. I am sure there will be a huge outpouring of love for this tiny champion at japanese Nationals. Mao belongs on the ice. It will be her home for a long time. The fact she will compete shows how resilient she is. Go Mao!

genki

On the Ice
I could not read Mao's recent comment without tears. How heartbreaking it is. At the same time, I am so impressed with her extraordinarily strength as a skater as well as a human beings. I believe that Mao will do fantastic in the Nationals being supported by so much love from doting fans. My thought and prayers are with her,