Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Who are your all-time favorite ice dancers?

Custom Title
    Thanks for bringing up Silverstein and Pekarek. They were wonderful. I was also sorry when their partnership came to an end.

Though I loved Virtue and Moir's Mahler program, I was kind of taken aback to realize that it was Zoueva who had chosen that music. That was the music Katia Gordeyeva used for her eulogy to Sergei Grinkov in his memorial program. It had such powerful meaning in that context. Moreover Mahler's music in general has always seemed to me to belong only to profound and emotional situations, not to ordinary competitions or performances. The thing is, it was Zoueva who choreographed Gordeyeva's program. I would have thought that to her of all people, that music could not be recycled. Does anyone know if Zoueva has ever commented on this music choice for V/M?

Custom Title
    Rob McCall and Tracy Wilson, Klimova and Pomarenko and Bestmianova and Bukin fromthe 1988 Olympics all had such wonderful different looks and were great. I saw a show on the 1988 oLYMPICS and was like wow. i came into skating in the 1990's but wow. there were some wonderful dancers from the past.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6