Podium Picks? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Podium Picks?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m waiting for Russian Ladies, up to the 10th skater the whole field has a lot of girls I m looking forward to watching, and I m thrilled with Radionova competing for first time. I believe either Julia or Elisaveta would win. Or maybe Leonova.

Pairs I/M are my fav, i want them to win so they can go to Euros. I like B/L also but I really want I/M to move forward!

Men, it seems unbelievable Plushy will compete, and If I see him in Euros I ll eat my hair, but I m looking forward to Kovtun as well after what he did in Juniors. I m sure Arthur and Menshov will try to win also!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^^

thanks, btw do you need to download software plugins to watch those link ????? because I did that before and doesn't work on Mac :disapp:

I think Zhenya doesn't need his quad jump and he should just focus on worlds and not take the risk
given he's just recovering. He just needs to skate clean, given Gachinski is a mess lately.

and I also want to say other than my favorite Baby Yuzuru Hanyu I like like Baby Kovtun too, LOL :clap:
I think Maxim Kovtun is more talented than Gachinski ,Maxim is just 16 and his improvements so far have huge potential
he just needs to be consistent on his 3A and polish his 3T+3T. for his programs :)

Go Julia, Adelina, Tuk Tuk and Maxim ! !

ciocio

On the Ice
Oh, I forgot about Maxim!!!!!:love: Go,go, baby Kovtun!!!!:yay::clap:
I wish Maxim could beat Artur, Plushy and everybody, men´s skating in Russia needs some talented young skaters. :yes: I mean, I like Plushy but he´s 29 y.o, he can´t represent the future of Russian men skating. :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I like Kovtun too! I was impressed with him in Brasov. His 3A was very very solid there, he landed every single attempt both in warm up and competition. And I am glad to see he is not a Plushenko clone.

tulosai

Record Breaker
It is interesting because I think this is definitely Leonovas year!

She has gone from strenght to strenght since her 4th place at Worlds last year and had a very good GP season this year. I would even consider her to be strong podium contender at this Worlds, she has the fighting spirit that some of the more talented girls seems to be missing..

Nationals are goinig to be a fantastic competition but I think she has to do 2 clean programs to win otherwise Tuk or a semi clean Sotnikova/Lipnitskaya will be put infront of her.We shall see!

Oh, I do agree it's her year in a sense. She's certainly a contender at worlds and she's skating the best (and getting the best results) that she ever has. It's unfortunate for her that the young ones are growing up right now since I see her as having improved a LOT since Vancouver and I don't think she will get a chance at Sochi. I don't mean to diminish her at all- she is one of the best Senior ladies out there this year, but (if they are on) Sot, Tuk, and Julia are better and will keep getting better if only in that they have more technical difficulty (none of their PCS are where they could be yet as is appropriate, but honestly neither are Leonova's- I do agree with the people here who feel she is a somewhat sloppy skater and while this can give her an infectious enthusiasm I think that this and other things such as occasionally weak edges hold her PCS below where they could be).

It is of course possible she will pass some or all of the 'kids' at Nationals- she did Tuk at the GPF and with how Sot has been skating I think she's very beatable too- but my sense is that all things being equal, particularly if Leonova is not clean, Russia is looking toward and pushing toward the future and will want to place the young ones over her. Of course she'll go to Worlds, and of course Russia will want her there and I'm sure is grateful to her for preforming so well internationally, but in terms of her actual placement at Russian Nationals, I don't think she'll see the podium.

I'd be happy enough to be proven wrong though :) We shall see indeed :thumbsup:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Looking at the times RN is going to start on Christmas Eve for me here in the States, and that's when my family celebrates Christmas, not Christmas Day. It's traditional. And then with all the cooking and festivities going on, I think I'm going to miss the actual skating itself live, but hopefully when I get back there will be youtube videos posted, pretty please. I say this on bended knee to all our nice & kind Russian posters. :bow: :love:

ps: and here's hoping thee beautiful angelic Adelina Sotnikova wins Nationals for the 3rd time in her career. :) If she does, she'll only need three more to tie Maria Butyrskaya, whom holds the record at 6.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

me too, I think Adelina changed some of her combos for Nationals, but I think she will still try her lutz jump
I am hoping her winning at Zagreb Cup will boost her confidence at RN.

Adelina has so much potential and I feel she will be more successful as she gets older

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't wait to see how the dance works out.

I are Monko & Khaliavin going to compete, does anyone know?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see how the dance works out.

I are Monko & Khaliavin going to compete, does anyone know?

As far as I know they are going to compete. Someone posted about them that they did the first complete run-throughs of their programs and it went well, a week before the GPF. I wish them luck and hope to see them at Euros

T

tauli

>RN can watch here, whatever link works better for you

Thank you!

Tauli