Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ekaterina Bobrova & Dimitri Soloviev

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dimitri Soloviev

Since they seem to get so much hate elsewhere, I thought we should have a thread for them here!

I'm a huge fan of theirs! Now that Tessa and Scott are gone, they're gonna be my favorites for this quad.

Isu bio

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00008942.htm
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-09-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I love their ability to tell complex stories in a way that the audience can easily understand! May they have a great year next season! They were very, very good at SkAm 2012. I really hope they have a great season next year.

I hope someone will tell us any news about Dmitri's progress in healing his injuries.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-02-2014 at 01:20 AM.

I can't wait to see what Zhulin does with the Paso Doble! Their last latin dance was a bust - but that was pre-Zhulin. Hopefully he'll give them something amazing and not have her look like she was wearing a halloween dress!

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I can't wait to see what Zhulin does with the Paso Doble! Their last latin dance was a bust - but that was pre-Zhulin. Hopefully he'll give them something amazing and not have her look like she was wearing a halloween dress!
    I'm not so excited since I don't like Paso Doble that much. In fact I don't like most of SD themes.
    But I'm dying to see their FD for the next season! I'm just hoping they'll stay loyal to their new 'Zhulin' style. I don't want them doing any 'traditional' stuff.

When we will know what music they're gonna choose to skate on next season?

Usually we hear at the time of the Russian test skate, before the first big Senior B's.

umm...
    Zhulin about Soloviev's injury and his ideas for the next season:
    His health is ok, but his groin is still hurts. He already was out on the ice and skated very carefully on the other leg. I don't want to imagine things, but I hope we're going to start setting new program in two weeks. But until then he should lie and fully recover.
    I like their fighting spirit for the next season. I already have two ideas [for their new dances], we'll see which one will fit them best, and then I'll tell you about their new short dance and free dance.
    Sorry for my grammar

Good news!

Tripping on the Podium TheGothicEme's Avatar
    I love their music choice for the 2011-2012 latin, but that orange dress was surely... out of place. But the black one looks fine for me.

yes, right, I really wish that Tarasova would not interfere in their music choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGothicEme View Post
    I love their music choice for the 2011-2012 latin, but that orange dress was surely... out of place. But the black one looks fine for me.
    I think that the black dress looked great on her, but I didn't feel like it fit Rhumba Samba - I would have much rather seen her in red or something - a bright color
    My main problem with the halloween dress was that it made her look overweight, something she isn't at all.

Oh yes, it did make her look overweight
    Anyway, I want to see something... shorter.
    But like Snow63, I'm more interested in the FD, I want to see something really Zhulin, really original and not under the influence of anybody (especially not Tarasova again don't get me wrong, I LOVE TARASOVA, but her ideas for Bobrova/Soloviev last season were not good at all)

why do you think they hate Bobrova/Soloviev then?
    I think it mainly because they are so much of a thread to other couple, they have been there for too long. And maybe mostly because they are not good-looking enough or maybe they don't have any drama going on off-ice for people to... discuss about think about it, the IK gossip has about 60 pages in just more one week

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGothicEme View Post
    why do you think they hate Bobrova/Soloviev then?
    I think it mainly because they are so much of a thread to other couple, they have been there for too long. And maybe mostly because they are not good-looking enough or maybe they don't have any drama going on off-ice for people to... discuss about think about it, the IK gossip has about 60 pages in just more one week
    I honestly have no idea. And they are good looking, both of them (I can't appreciate Soloviev's beauty since I'm straight, but my wife says he looks good), but then it's just a matter of taste. I don't like P/B's or D/W's looks for example, but it doesn't mean they're not good-looking.
    And despite for them being there for so long I think they're started to really bloom only with Zhuline. Most people hate their early programs and sometimes I agree with the haters
    And anyway, like someone said to me on this forum, hatred is not entirely a bad thing, when people hate you it means you bring emotions from them.
    Guys have you seen them live? I've seen their 'A man with harmonica' live at Russia. The program looks absolutely breathtaking, from start to finish. And Katya's moves is so smooth and gentle. This program is seriously underappreciated.

I hate all of their programmes before the OG 2010 actually (except for the Kalinka, it's so cute )
    I think that Alexeeva/Kustarova did a good job of developing their basic skill, and then Zhulin completes them. It's a perfect procession
    Katya's flexibility is so amazing, I love all of their curve lifts. And they always do new lifts every season, I really love that, they never repeat themselves (unlike... uhm... Weaver/Poje, or Cappellini/Lanotte, I think ) I often talk about Katya as "my duchess", the girl always seem like having some kind of... royal air around her, just look at the way she dance the golden waltz (Chess - love that ) or the polka, so charming.
    But I've never watched them skate live, what a shame.

Custom Title
    Their posture often has me screaming Straighten up! at my screen, but I will say one thing for them: they have never ever ever been boring. And that is a quality that is seldom as appreciated as it should be!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast