Thread: Yuka Nagai

Custom Title

Yuka Nagai

I noticed that she didn't have a thread of her own and I thought she should because her skating is lovely and although she is prone to popping her jumps, when she lands them they are beautiful!
    Here are some videos of her:
    Junior Grand Prix in Austria 2012:
    SP | LP
    Junior Grand Prix in Riga 2013:
    SP | LP
    Junior Grand Prix in Aichi 2014:
    SP | LP
    Junior Grand Prix in Ljubljana 2014:
    SP | LP
    Junior Grand Prix Final 2014:
    SP | LP
    Japanese Nationals 2015:
    SP | LP
    4CC 2015:
    SP | LP
    Junior Worlds 2015:
    SP | LP

Custom Title
    I find her skating very pretty. Is she moving up the GP next year?

Medalist
    Finally there is a thread of Yuka!
    I really love to watch her. She is pretty and also has very strong legs to jump. I like her SP this season which was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.

It's really a pity that she usually pops one or two jumps in her LP so that she cannot get onto the podium in big competition. I don't skate a lot myself but is that kind of habit or something?

A thread for Yuka! Yes! I love her lines on ice and her figure/stature and expression really helps in making her skating look elegant. She's moving up to seniors next year and I hope she overcomes her habit of popping jumps. She seems like she has very weak mentality when it comes to competitions and/or doesn't have a lot of confidence which is why she always ends up popping her jumps. But when she makes it work--like her SP in JGPF last year-- she's just gorgeous on ice.

(And I know she didn't rank too high at Jr Worlds this year but I really wanted to see her at the gala--she had a very beautiful EX dress during JP Nats and I wanted to see it again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fer View Post
    I like her SP this season which was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.
    I didn't know it was choreographed by Shae-Lynn! I do know she chose East of Eden because she is a huge Tatsuki fan. ^^
    Last edited by juuryokunashi; 03-08-2015 at 03:40 AM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by juuryokunashi View Post
    A thread for Yuka! Yes! I love her lines on ice and her figure/stature and expression really helps in making her skating look elegant. She's moving up to seniors next year
    I've been wondering if Yuka will move up senior next year...so this is confirmed? She's been doing junior for a couple of years, and finally this is more like a breaking-through year for her. It's a pity she didn't do that well at junior world, but I also read that it seems she was having pain with her foot/legs?, as reported by JPN news. Hope it's nothing serious!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by juuryokunashi View Post
    I didn't know it was choreographed by Shae-Lynn! I do know she chose East of Eden because she is a huge Tatsuki fan. ^^
    She is a Tatsuki fan? Wow that's great.
    Here is a short interview of her and her coach. I know the choreographer from it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-0me56x2D0

She has been sent to 4cc already so I guess she will go to senior next season?
    Last edited by Fer; 03-08-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cohkaix View Post
    I've been wondering if Yuka will move up senior next year...so this is confirmed? She's been doing junior for a couple of years, and finally this is more like a breaking-through year for her. It's a pity she didn't do that well at junior world, but I also read that it seems she was having pain with her foot/legs?, as reported by JPN news. Hope it's nothing serious!
    I think she would? She wouldn't have been sent to 4CC this year if she isn't moving up to seniors next season. Her injury was even before the start of 4CC and I think even after her SP in Jr Worlds I saw her hobbling a bit just when she was getting off the ice. I hope she recuperates to full health and get ready for the next season. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fer View Post
    She is a Tatsuki fan? Wow that's great.
    Here is a short interview of her and her coach. I know the choreographer from it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-0me56x2D0
    She's a Tatsuki fan. Haha I just don't remember the source now, but I've seen it on TV/features and I couldn't remember what news program it was from (or if it was from a magazine interview). Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.