Page 135 of 189 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2822

Thread: Patrick Chan

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    AFAIK, all skaters admit to nerves at competition. Some just manage them better than others, at the right time. I am sure a 3-time World Champion is one of them. Affected, yes. Discombobulated? Probably not since the last Olympics.
    Good perspective. I wasn't saying that Patrick can't handle his nerves well (although the haters may say that). I was just rather surprised at the choice of words in the article. But, as spikydurian points out, journalists sometimes exaggerate. I would say a multiple National and World Champion knows how to handle nerves (regardless of the fact that some people think two of those three world titles were undeserved). I just hope this coming season is spectacular for Patrick!

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Patrick practicing a quad Salchow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XPHvWvalM
    Thanks for posting that! It looks good. However, I would rather have Patrick do two quad toes and skate clean than be so focused on the quad salchow that the rest of the program suffers. If it's consistent and he feels good with it, that's another story. Good for him for wanting to work on it! Any ideas as to when/if we may see it in competition?

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan4ever View Post
    Thanks for posting that! It looks good. However, I would rather have Patrick do two quad toes and skate clean than be so focused on the quad salchow that the rest of the program suffers. If it's consistent and he feels good with it, that's another story. Good for him for wanting to work on it! Any ideas as to when/if we may see it in competition?
    The vid has been taken off. It was a good one. Maybe, he may do it for fun in his Ex since he joked about throwing in quadS and 3As?

Custom Title
    I imagine he won't put it in his programme unless it becomes extremely reliable, OR should he find himself pressed to gain extra points. He's probably comfortable with not having the highest potential technical score if others remain more or less the same as last season, however should one of the top skaters dramatically up their technical content, it's nice to know Patrick could develop a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriana View Post
    I imagine he won't put it in his programme unless it becomes extremely reliable, OR should he find himself pressed to gain extra points. He's probably comfortable with not having the highest potential technical score if others remain more or less the same as last season, however should one of the top skaters dramatically up th eir technical c ontent, it's nice to know Patrick could develop a plan B.
    I think the vid was taken during the CSOI practice and it looks pretty solid. Yes, it is good to have a Plan B. He seems more comfortable with his quads this season.

Custom Title
    Why are they already doing CSOI practices for next year? Or was the vid taking at this year CSOI practices?

Any news of Patrick?

Spiky any chance of you coming here for Nationals or Skate Canada?

Custom Title
    Welcome home, Emdee. It was last year's CSOI. No news of Patrick here since Thornhill that I know of, other than he said he was not doing anything new, but might throw in a quad sal and second triple axle for fun... a light hearted comment made at High Performance Camp. Also he posted a pic of him and Jeremy A. having a mock duel with mimed swords on the Detroit shore line. It was cute and I would have posted it had I any idea how.

Welcome home, Emdee. It was last year's CSOI. No news of Patrick here since Thornhill that I know of, other than he said he was not doing anything new, but might throw in a quad sal and second triple axle for fun... a light hearted comment made at High Performance Camp. Also he posted a pic of him and Jeremy A. having a mock duel with mimed swords on the Detroit shore line. It was cute and I would have posted it had I any idea how.
    here it is...

http://instagram.com/p/eQ34IJx1yE/#

Custom Title
    Thank you IcyEdges and welcome to the fest! I hope you'll have fun here.

Custom Title
    How are you SkateFiguring? Any chance we will see you at St John or Ottawa? You should be there to cheer our champ's last hurrahs.....

Custom Title
    Thanks Coriana!
    Hard to get back to reality but still so busy for the next month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    Thanks IcyEdges. Looks like Patrick is having fun training and playing alongside his skating friends, Jeremy, Elladj, Andrew and Kaitlyn in Detroit. Work hard, play hard.

Here's a pix of Patrick with his coach Kathy and Marina taken at the Canton Rink. Not sure what he is doing there and when the pix was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Thank you IcyEdges and welcome to the fest! I hope you'll have fun here.
    Thank you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    How are you SkateFiguring?
    Im starting a new life and congratulating myself.

Any chance we will see you at St John or Ottawa?
    Hopefully. Hopefully.

You should be there to cheer our champ's last hurrahs.....
    I don't believe these will be his last hurrahs.

Custom Title
    You think he will continue to skate amateur pro Sochi?
    Is that a prediction?

Enjoy your new life SF!

If you do come to Skate Canada or Nats let me know in advance and we can try to get together. Coriana and ali_dorate will both be at Skate Canada and we could have a coffee. Luckiest1, Coriana and myself will be at Nationals.

Page 135 of 189 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 185 ... LastLast