Patrick Chan | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Becki

Medalist
Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice

It must be the effect of lighting. I'm pretty sure he has dark or brown eyes, and I don't think he wears green contacts. Patrick is not the type to do things like this.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Let me dig up pictures and videos:

http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1242677.html --> "I came" image...he has 'green' eyes

If you want to go by pictures on ontd-skating, Patrick has rape eyes, evil eyes, red eyes, zombi eyes, whatever. These are my eyes for them. :rolleye: Those high school cliques of bullies are the ones with green eyes, green with envy and bitterness. :biggrin:

Boeing787 said:
Rod predicted Patrick would be a future Canadian champion whne he was only 15.

Ozzie Colson predicted Patrick to be a World Champion when he was a little kid.

Becki

Medalist
If you want to go by pictures on ontd-skating, Patrick has rape eyes, evil eyes, red eyes, zombi eyes, whatever. These are my eyes for them. :rolleye: Those high school cliques of bullies are the ones with green eyes, green with envy and bitterness. :biggrin:

Ozzie Colson predicted Patrick to be a World Champion when he was a little kid.

I am being very objective with describing his eyes - by colour. Of course, you can argue in that picture, his eyes aren't green. But they look green to me...and that just so happens to be the clearest pic of his eyes.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Executed Element 4T+2T / 4T / 3A / CiSt3 / FCCoSp4 / 3Lz+1Lo+3S / 3Lo / 3F+3T / CSSp3 / 3Lz / 2A / ChSt1 / CCoSp4

Can someone tell me what are those in bold? I assume Sp means spin, and the # is the level? What is ChSt1? I just realize there are 3 spins, which I find that's too many. I'd keep 2, and add another food work.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Yeah, ONTD skating.... not much to say.

Boeing787

On the Ice
Executed Element 4T+2T / 4T / 3A / CiSt3 / FCCoSp4 / 3Lz+1Lo+3S / 3Lo / 3F+3T / CSSp3 / 3Lz / 2A / ChSt1 / CCoSp4

Can someone tell me what are those in bold? I assume Sp means spin, and the # is the level? What is ChSt1? I just realize there are 3 spins, which I find that's too many. I'd keep 2, and add another food work.

those are non-jump elements. I don't think you can add another footwork without violating the rules.

BTW, check this video, it seems to me his mom didn't stay in the same hotel during the competition. Does that mean even a hotel like Holiday Inn Express is too expensive for them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKrwXrnsE0&feature=related

Last edited:

yousunny

Rinkside
ChSt means choreography step sequence. In men's free skate, the 2nd foot work step sequence is automatically called level 1 ChSt. The first step sequences may have different levels. Eight jumps/jump combs, Three spins and two foot work step sequences are required in men's free skate. You cannot replace one spin with a step sequence.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I know they are non jump elements...but what are they? I know what is footwork, the other 3 are spins...but what are the difference for those 3 spins? And what is ChSt1?

I know the rule is 1 footwork, 3 spins. They should change to 2 footworks, 2 spins. And I think Patrick's program has 2 footworks right?

yousunny: Thx.

So Patrick's Step Seq is only level 3....hum, so there's room for improvement there :)

Also, in Tracey Wilson's comment, she said that because Patrick only did 4T+2T, he added 3T at the end of 3F. I'm not quite understand...if Patrick did 4T+3T, he couldn't add another 3T? I thought he can do 3 combos?

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

CiSt3 - Circular Step Sequences Level 3
FCCoSp4 - Spin Combination with Change of Foot, level 4
CSSp3 - Camel and Sit Spin Level 3
ChSt1 - Choreo Step Sequence Level 1 (same level for all)
CCoSp4 - Spin Combination with Change of position Level 4

jettasian

Match Penalty
Thanks SkateFiguring

Hum, so Patrick's CSSp3 only Level 3, what must he do to get Level 4? It's also a bummer that all ChSt is just 1, considering his ChSt is the best of all.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
those are non-jump elements. I don't think you can add another footwork without violating the rules.

BTW, check this video, it seems to me his mom didn't stay in the same hotel during the competition. Does that mean even a hotel like Holiday Inn Express is too expensive for them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKrwXrnsE0&feature=related

You could add another footwork sequence, it just wouldn't be considered an element. No rule violation, but no TES contribution. What Chan does for transitions would pass for footwork for some others.

yousunny

Rinkside
CiSt means circular step sequence which depends on the pattern of the footwork.
For spins, F means fly; C: change foot; Co: combo (FCCo)
change foot sit spin (CSsp)
change foot combination spin (CCoSp)

I know they are non jump elements...but what are they? I know what is footwork, the other 3 are spins...but what are the difference for those 3 spins? And what is ChSt1?

I know the rule is 1 footwork, 3 spins. They should change to 2 footworks, 2 spins. And I think Patrick's program has 2 footworks right?

yousunny: Thx.

So Patrick's Step Seq is only level 3....hum, so there's room for improvement there :)

Boeing787

On the Ice
Also, in Tracey Wilson's comment, she said that because Patrick only did 4T+2T, he added 3T at the end of 3F. I'm not quite understand...if Patrick did 4T+3T, he couldn't add another 3T? I thought he can do 3 combos?

He could still do 3F+3T even after he had done a 4T+3T. But his original plan was 3L+2T.

Boeing787

On the Ice
You could add another footwork sequence, it just wouldn't be considered an element. No rule violation, but no TES contribution. What Chan does for transitions would pass for footwork for some others.

Yeah, you are right. Since this is Free Skate, there is no such thing as violating the rules.