Patrick Chan | Page 140 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i like how Patrick's knees bounce with the Violin spiccato. how he press/brush the ice, feels like how the bow press/brush the string.
The camera angle is not from front, could be better.
and the sound of his blade, gosh, Patrick is the only skater, who can use the sound of his blade as an instrument.
Truly a skater's skater.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
And it was :)
Here it is. Elegie with Jeff is right behind it.
I liked it. I would love to see it on a bigger rink, so he can add more speed. :love:
OH MY HEAVENS!!!!! :love: :love: :love: THANK YOU for posting the link! I can only echo what others have already said here. Such agile movement and each movement goes perfectly with each note of the music. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! I'm lost for words. I especially love the part on his knees after the 3F as well as the scratch spin right into the striking ending pose. I love Patrick's Tango de los Exilados SP, but this program is a totally different level of sophistication. Patrick has grown a lot as a skater over the years.

OMG, OMG, TRUE TANGO. I think Patrick will use this number as EX for 2015 season right? This Tango will only get better and better! Cannot wait to collect a perfect version.
Maybe he will change it into a SP in the future. :love:
It even looks like an SP already and has 3 jumps. The 2A could become a 3A and the 3T a quad combo. You never know.

i like how Patrick's knees bounce with the Violin spiccato. how he press/brush the ice, feels like how the bow press/brush the string.
The camera angle is not from front, could be better.
and the sound of his blade, gosh, Patrick is the only skater, who can use the sound of his blade as an instrument.
Truly a skater's skater.
I agree with everything you wrote, especially about the sound of his blade and how he uses it as an instrument. Whoever says Patrick lacks musicality or artistry in his skating needs to watch this program.

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wonder if Patrick would skate to one of his old LPs. Often at JO, people are impressed with the retired skaters without considering that they skate to old familiar programs while the currently competing skaters debut their new programs before the new season. This time Patrick is on sabbatical. ;)

emdee

Final Flight
I wonder if Patrick would skate to one of his old LPs. Often at JO, people are impressed with the retired skaters without considering that they skate to old familiar programs while the currently competing skaters debut their new programs before the new season. This time Patrick is on sabbatical. ;)

If he does I hope it's LaBoheme.

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick will compete in Japan Open! :yay: With Buttle and Wagner for N America. Tango anyone?
GREAT NEWS!!!!! :yay::biggrin: He never has skated very well there, but maybe without the pressure of the coming season and just skating because he chooses to, he will be able to skate better there this time. No matter how he skates, it will be nice to see him do a competitive program again. I don't even care which one. ALL of Patrick's programs have a special place in my heart. And even when Patrick is not jumping well, he doesn't let the other aspects of the program go by the wayside. I've always said I love watching Patrick skate, jumps or no jumps.

I posted here two days ago that Patrick met Roger Federer in Toronto. Well, at that same tennis tournament, he also met Milos Raonic. Like Federer, Raonic is quite tall. http://instagram.com/p/rfCpTrx19-/

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i just wanna post this (credit to Kuan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EKEWHWQUlM
Thanks Patrick and David Wilson.
Patrick is a skater, that I will be glad as long as he continues to skate and I will go watch him live whenever I get a chance. fan or not , medals or not, it is good skating...
I did not watch Patrick's program as much as I do for my favorite skater. but every time, whenever, I watch, it took my breath away.
Perhaps, it is too much of an emotional drain...
The more I study figure skating, the more I study choreo, the more I appreciate Patrick.

Kuan

Final Flight
@yyyskate

Great to hear you liked it.:yay: Was it your first time watching La Boheme? If you want to enjoy another choreographical gem by Patrick, take a look at this. This was almost perfect (he only switched 4T3T and 3F2T to 4T2T and 3F3T, couse of his weak landing on the first quad) But the choreo is brilliant, though this time it is from Lori Nichol. Watch the steps and choreo bevor the solo lutz in the second half of the program. :jaw::points: This is the current canadian record for a free skate with 200.81 points.

emdee

Final Flight
Another all time favourite of some of us is his 4CC program in 2009. I loved the Tango he did there.
The program is essentially raw when you compare it with how he moves his body now but IMO its raw genius!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@kuan, I respect Patrick a lot. His 2013 SP worlds practice completely blew me out of water (I was there :p) and I witnessed even a mid-aged man can cry while watching Patrick skating. So when Brezina cried when watching Patrick's TEB four season, I can feel him. La Boheme, I have watched it before, my feeling is it is a vastly different program from Patrick's previous program. But again, I saw your link, I clicked it, and it blew me away... it is the emotions showed in that program... For some reason, I didnot watch Patrick's program very often, but once in a while, I watch it, usually, I am in awe. So I guess I am not a die-hard fan yet... it is kinda like, for example, his la Boheme, after I watched it once, I do not want to watch it again immediately, perhaps wait for some time, then I can watch, maybe, I do not want to experience too much emotional impact, it is kinda disturbing... so I avoid it. Whereas, Yuna, when I watch her, I can watch her for hours, hypnotized and forget the time...

EDIT: a nice photo for you: https://31.media.tumblr.com/9d5b212812995f54ef5af18078d49a79/tumblr_narb68IVxO1twcsppo1_500.jpg

Kuan

Final Flight
A wonderful picture! :love: Never saw it bevor! Do you have the users url for me?

Yeah, I think I kind of get what you mean by too much emotional impact. When I saw Patrick live for the first time (at TEB), I was also emotionaly worn out after he finished his free skate. So I can feel with Brezina. But I don´t know if it was because of the program or because I was anxious about his jumps. I feared he would fall with every jump. :laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
that photo is from recent tumblr, and I also discovered your blog from tumblr, it is the first photo on Patrick Chan tag right now.
I totally understand your feeling, because when I watched Yuna's les Mis (13worlds), I was also so scared and worried that she may fall with her every jump. totally exhausted after her program is finished, and even forget to stand for her until every body else stood up. I guess that is true fan's reaction. Whereas for Patrick, I was unprepared, and it is a practice session and he did a perfect clean SP, so totally blew away by his skating. If Patrick is going to compete again, I suggest you watch him again with a calm state of mind. You will find how wonderful his pure skating is.