Patrick Chan | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I have to redeem myself by bringing this thread back on topic. Luckily, it's Canada Day:

From Pchiddy:

Happy ‪#CanadaDay‬ and Happy ‪#Pride‬, Toronto!

Yasmin ‏@yasminyvr responds:

@Pchiddy Happy Canada Day! Have fun!!! I just watched your skate in DOI by Japanese web TV. Love it!

So who here has watched DOI? Is our Japan Bureau Chief on the job?

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Sorry, DOI was broadcast only in Tokyo region last night, and unfortunately I live in other area.:disapp:
I connot watch it until next Sunday.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder whether Patrick is at Colorado Spring these days. His website puts him in Colorado but I know it's not always accurate.

For now, the only thing new I can find is this pic on his site

http://www.patrickchan.ca/wp-content/gallery/casa-loma-toronto/rendevouzkorea2012_130.jpg

I think he looks damn good there, even with that pseudo 'stache. But what do I know, right, Skater Boy?

Kathy Johnson was with him there in Casa Loma, Toronto, June 15.

http://www.patrickchan.ca/wp-content/gallery/casa-loma-toronto/rendevouzkorea2012_113.jpg

Anybody has an idea what the event was?

Hmmm, it says rendevouzkorea 2012 as the name of the images. Rendez vous Korea? A good hint?

Here's a blog about Rendezvous Korean Cuisine 2012 at Toronto, June 8, hosted by the Korean Consulate. No mention of Patrick or Yuna. But yummy.

Well, we know Patrick is a Toronto VIP and a great Canadian representative. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I have been going to school and just came back to reality. Yep, this is a fashion winner - is it my imagination but he pulled out the purple tones in his tie with a lavendar shirt - wow - better yet if they have cuff links and if he has a pocket square. However, in looking for perfection Patrick's hair is rather ho hum on that day.

deedee1

Record Breaker
So who here has watched DOI?

Unfortunately Patrick's is not uploaded on YT yet...:no:
I have recorded it on my VCR last night. Had not time to see it this morning though, cause it was on-aired btwn 1:40am-3am. Am also eagerly waiting for Patrick's! :yes:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Unfortunately Patrick's is not uploaded on YT yet...:no:
I have recorded it on my VCR last night. Had not time to see it this morning though, cause it was on-aired btwn 1:40am-3am. Am also eagerly waiting for Patrick's! :yes:

Tokyo time? :unsure:

Thank you emdee for the clip. :clap: Must be so exciting to see them live!

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Sorry, DOI was broadcast only in Tokyo region last night, and unfortunately I live in other area.:disapp:
I connot watch it until next Sunday.
:disapp::cry: I won't be in town. :scowl:

Skater Boy said:
Sorry, I have been going to school and just came back to reality. Yep, this is a fashion winner - is it my imagination but he pulled out the purple tones in his tie with a lavendar shirt - wow - better yet if they have cuff links and if he has a pocket square. However, in looking for perfection Patrick's hair is rather ho hum on that day.
School? You are still a baby? Stop making me feel like antique, Skater Boy. Patrick's hair ... ahhhh... Asian hair tends to be thicker and harder to manage. He would probably need bottles of gel to style his hair. :laugh: Now what hairstyle would suit Patrick?

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
So Patrick's new show program is
Till Kingdom Come? or is it part of his SP? Cannot wait to see it.
I think Kozuka skated his SP at DOI - not sure as the conversation was in Japanese.

I think I may go for Skate Canada. I have a nephew in Windsor so somewhere to stay. When will I get the chance to go to Nats/Worlds and SC all in our area. Havent booked SC tickets so will have to see how things are closer to the time especially with respect to vacation.

I hope to go to the CNE to see Tessa and Scott. Really enjoyed them on CSOI. Unfortunately didnt see Patrick - maybe he will be on CSOI next year.

emdee

Final Flight
How the heck did you find it... I have been looking and looking and looking.

I prefer Viva but its a good program for PC to explore different music and styles which I think he is really doing these last two years.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Let's thank Patrick's Russian fan alter_v :clap: who has a nice collection of his videos. :thumbsup:

Love the "Don't Worry, be Patrick!" :agree:

eta:

emdee said:
How the heck did you find it... I have been looking and looking and looking.

:laugh: Hard work ain't what it's cracked up to be. :p

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
:bow::bow: My undying gratitude to SF and alter_v.

I hope Til Kingdom Come is not part of Patrick's SP? It has lyrics and IMO, I find lyrics distracting in competition pieces. And wow Emdee. sounds like you will be watching all the 2012-2013 competitions in Toronto and Windsor. Don't forget to be our 'stalker'. Get your telescopic camera ready. It is an obligation to fulfil since you hold the position of VP. ;)

Still no news on Patrick's LP and SP? :disapp:

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhhh Skatefiguring, thank you thank you for finding that. I love the song. Patrick interprets the words beautifully. Nice show program.

emdee

Final Flight
I watched the three top programs from W2012 today. And there is no question in my mind that Patrick deserved the WC. His program was choc a bloc of goodies, transitions with no posing at all. I would challenge any of the pretenders to do Aranjues with the same choreo.
It was really a pity about the 2A and he was chasing the music. His Nats program was the very best.
Also saw his SP and am SO glad its done - I was a bit tired of it seeing it in shows etc.

I really think that Elegy is going to be turned into the new SP. Or if not that piece of music something very similar. I would like him to fill it with Patrick content though. I find it very Buttle-ish.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside

Thank you so much, SF! I've already watched it many times. 
At first this show number looks a little difficult to perform and appeal to an audience, for this beautiful song is rather monotonous and has no striking climax.
But IMHO, this is the kind of program which you come to love gradually. And his smooth skating matches the mellow music well, which lots of Japanese skating fans mentioned after the show.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I watched the three top programs from W2012 today. And there is no question in my mind that Patrick deserved the WC. His program was choc a bloc of goodies, transitions with no posing at all. I would challenge any of the pretenders to do Aranjues with the same choreo.
It was really a pity about the 2A and he was chasing the music. His Nats program was the very best.

It was a shame about the 2A but by then he had already won the event. He was very down emotionally leading up to Worlds because of the coaches' conflicts around him so much so that he considered quitting! :eek: It speaks of how mentally strong he was to snap back to put out such a winning performance save for the momentary lapse of focus. Lucky for us, we have the 4CC and the Nationals Aranjuez to fully enjoy.

Also saw his SP and am SO glad its done - I was a bit tired of it seeing it in shows etc.

I had not watched that program for a while and chanced into watching his Nationals' Take Five just the other day and was freshly amazed at the kind of flowing and turning at deep edges he did so effortlessly and beautifully. He was constantly switching his centre of gravity so smoothly. It was like watching a different program for the first time again. Every single moment is amazing in that perfect performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VttCq5NSE

I really think that Elegy is going to be turned into the new SP. Or if not that piece of music something very similar. I would like him to fill it with Patrick content though. I find it very Buttle-ish.

Aprilsnowy said:
At first this show number looks a little difficult to perform and appeal to an audience, for this beautiful song is rather monotonous and has no striking climax.
But IMHO, this is the kind of program which you come to love gradually. And his smooth skating matches the mellow music well, which lots of Japanese skating fans mentioned after the show.

I believe Patrick is putting out so many new show programs these days to practice and showcase different kinds of artistry outside the COP constraints. The effort may also be because of the possibility of his not staying in figure skating for a long time to have a great body of work like some great skaters with long competition as well as professional skating careers. As long as he stays on top of the competitions, he gets to do show programs in galas and as an invitee in some of the most prestigious shows so there are many opportunities for him to try different styles of music and performance. I enjoy each and every piece of work from him as a precious gift.

emdee

Final Flight
SF - you are a true blue fan. I can be a cranky fan from time to time and an adoring fan at other times.

I too was thinking that he is trying different styles of music and dance and skating in order to find his own place. Frankly though his skating is so pure that any place can be his place - it just it has to have a special place in his mind.

After worlds when the whole coaching situation came out and when Kurt and Slipchuk said in an interview that they had to slap him around etc its a real wonder he did what he did. As he said he had to just trust his training and the 2A and the 3 jump combo lapses were just lapses of focus like you said.