Patrick Chan | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I have a good feeling for them. Just intuition, something I didn't feel for Anastasia.

Me too. They look very cute together! Patrick and Tess

Let's give this Japanese Patrick Chan fan site some hits and maybe leave a message at the guest page. They have very nice pictures. :thumbsup: Click on an image and it will lead to pages of great photos.

So many great, never-seen-before photos of Patrick! Some of them were so good! Thank you so much for posting it!

Patrick's Elegie in Shen Zhen. He looked so fast!

(Got links from FSU.)

Last edited:

verte76

On the Ice
He is going with Tessa Virtue isn't he? This new Anastasia skater is a new Japanese skater? I'm confused again!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
He is going with Tessa Virtue isn't he? This new Anastasia skater is a new Japanese skater? I'm confused again!

Oh you need to go back to read this thread.

Tess Johnson is Kathy Johnson's daughter, a fashion designer, and Patrick's girlfriend. Anastasia Bucsis is a Canadian speed skater and Patrick's ex.

I can see you are confused. Why else would you figure there is a Japanese skater 3 inches taller than Patrick, not that I'm sure that Anastasia is? And 2 years older would not make her new.

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice

ok, I will stop being naughty. This Anastasia skater is Patrick's first and ex girl friend, a Canadian speed skater. They met in the Olympics. They actually sat together in the closing ceremony.

No, Patrick is not dating Tessa. I guess they have known each other too long to have a romantic relationship, especially Tessa is almost two years older than Patrick (here I go again!). Patrick's new girl friend Tess, is his coach's daughter.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think this is such a romantic story. Kathy Johnson ended up teaching skaters and coaching Patrick all because her little Tess wanted to skate. Now no more a skater, Tess is nonetheless the one who set herself up to meet Patrick.She is her own match maker, first for her mother and Patrick, then for herself and her World Champion boyfriend.

Boeing, I guess you are not against Tess being one year older than Patrick then?

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
I think this is such a romantic story. Kathy Johnson ended up teaching skaters and coaching Patrick all because her little Tess wanted to skate. Now no more a skater, Tess is nonetheless the one who set herself up to meet Patrick.She is her own match maker, first for her mother and Patrick, then for herself and her World Champion boyfriend.

Boeing, I guess you are not against Tess being one year older than Patrick then?

To be honest, couldn't care less. I only worry if Patrick can win gold.

That being said, I see there is a reason why Patrick is always dating older women. Because they chase him, and he just grabs what opportunity offers. Of course, that's my speculation, as always.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
To be honest, couldn't care less. I only worry if Patrick can win gold.

That being said, I see there is a reason why Patrick is always dating older women. Because they chase him, and he just grabs what opportunity offers. Of course, that's my speculation, as always.

Oh if he were a grabber, he certainly has opportunities. There are aggressive young ones after him, yelling out saucy proclamations, unaware that his mother is often nearby. :laugh:

I think John Travolta explained it best years ago, "At my age, most women are older." But he was dating much older women. I consider a year or two age difference contemporary.

Anyway, it's Patrick's life. I'm happy for him if he is. But we make his skating career our business, don't we? That's what fans do. :)

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Oh if he were a grabber, he certainly has opportunities. There are aggressive young ones after him, yelling out saucy proclamations, unaware that his mother is often nearby. :laugh:

I think John Travolta explained it best years ago, "At my age, most women are older." But he was dating much older women. I consider a year or two age difference contemporary.

John Travolta certainly had spoken for Patrick! Good point, I though of it myself after posting but was too lazy to correct myself.:biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I always thought Anastasia/Patrick relationship was doomed by the distance on top of his schedule. Tess, though New York based, has family connection and support as well as seemingly more flexible time. She even travels with him. 近水楼台先得月.

Boeing787

On the Ice
I always thought Anastasia/Patrick relationship was doomed by the distance on top of his schedule. Tess, though New York based, has family connection and support as well as seemingly more flexible time. She even travels with him. 近水楼台先得月.

That's why I said Anastasia is one mom farther than Tess! BTW, so you know she is truly 3 inches taller than Patrick:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_Bucsis

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wouldn't hold her height against her. Many trophy wives are tall. ;) Successful men are not concerned about taller spouses.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Looks like you guys were having fun!:biggrin:

Tess looked like a sweet and caring person. And smart too. They certainly have gotten both families' approval. Look how happy Patrick's mom was!

On a side note, so many skaters have already announced the names of their next year's programs and are starting to choreograph them. When was Patrick's usual time to announce his?

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Looks like you guys were having fun!:biggrin:

Tess looked like a sweet and caring person. And smart too. They certainly have gotten both families' approval. Look how happy Patrick's mom was!

On a side note, so many skaters have already announced the names of their next year's programs and are starting to choreograph them. When was Patrick's usual time to announce his?

Patrick keeps his program a secret until the very last moment.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick was not prepared to provide full disclosure before his girlfriend's permission but he couldn't help talking about her and thus leaving clues. Since then she has frequently been seen with him publicly so there is no intention of keeping the relationship a secret. That would be like trying to keep his competitive programs secret during the competitive season!

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Perhaps he will have better luck keeping it a secret than the secret of who is girlfriend was.:sarcasm::)

I agree with you. Patrick was silly telling reporters about Anastasia Bucsis. He made some progress handling Tess's case. He doesn't have to hide Tess, but he does't have to tell the media her name either. They don't need to know, keep them guessing who she is.:laugh: