Patrick Chan | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This just isn't the thread for Patrick bashing, Johnny bashing, or Patrick fan bashing. You are all good people ;)

Boeing787

On the Ice
At this point, Patrick is his own threat. He really is competing with himself. None of the forerunners has TES content to rival his, while the very few with comparable or higher TES BV lag signigicantly in PCS. Put it this way, as high as his PCS is, his TES tops it when he skates well and especially when clean. There is no cap on TES and, dismissing his Nationals scores, he is pushing the presumed TES limits of 50 and 100 in the two programs.

Kozuka lacks what I call the champion look or commending presence, so does Jeremy, despite them being among the very best. It's something skaters like Plushenko, Takahashi, and earlier Joubert have in spades, something you can perceive as soon as they take to the ice. Patrick, OTOH, cannot be missed on ice, even by casual fans, who can't help but notice him among any group of skaters, just by his simplest moves. He has a cool focus, and if he were nervous, he doesn't show it.

eta. As for Kozuka comparing to Daisuke and Jeremy, he beat them both soundly last season. He even beat Patrick's Worlds LP TES. He is running colder this year while the other two are swinging back. They are all potentially dangerous and cannot be counted out.

Precisely, As long as Patrick skates a clean program, he is unbeatable. He just needs to stay vertical.

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks Bluebonnet.
Can't seem to find the Canadian Nationals 2012 Ex for Patrick on Youtube. Anyone??

SGrand

Final Flight
I really like this Ex program from him, shows he's maturing and branching out and having fun. Once he starts to get more performances like this under his belt I think the movement will become a lot more second nature to him as well. Although it is very 'Kurt', he still has a ways to go in that area, but I have more than enough time to watch him grow into the great one I think he will become :)

spikydurian

Medalist
I really like this Ex program from him, shows he's maturing and branching out and having fun. Once he starts to get more performances like this under his belt I think the movement will become a lot more second nature to him as well. Although it is very 'Kurt', he still has a ways to go in that area, but I have more than enough time to watch him grow into the great one I think he will become :)
:thumbsup:

jettasian

Match Penalty
I really like some of the moves from the ex program. Maybe he should use that for next season's short, lol.