Patrick Chan | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick struggles in his LP at WTT. I hope he gets to rest and feels motivated for next season. Part of me hopes he get s technical coach and if more comforable with Lori Nicol, goes back to her for his LP. I think he has improved artistically this year but lost some of his consistency during competition for his free program. Wish him well. Want him on the podium at Olympics so much.
:cry: :disapp: In that case, I don't even want to watch it. It's so hard to watch Patrick struggle because we all know he can be so magnificent. I don't know if Kathy Johnson really knows how to help him stay in the zone so maybe he needs a coaching change or an additional coach. I want him to have a clean Olympics, wherever that may put him on the podium (preferably gold). He deserves it after all the hate he's gotten. He needs to be super dialed in like he was at 2011 Nationals and 2011 Worlds.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
We know that Patrick will have a new LP next season, and most likely it will be his last competitive season (knowing he has other interests and how hard the last couple seasons have been, I’d be surprised if he remained amateur after Sochi). What do YOU want Patrick to skate to for his LP next season? Is there anything you think would be perfect for Patrick that he hasn't done yet? Movie soundtrack? Classical? Other?

Since I brought this up, I’ll start it off and admit that it's a super hard question for me to answer since I've come to love everything Patrick has done. Right now, I’m picturing how amazing a Chariots of Fire LP from Patrick would be. That music gives me chills anyway, and with Patrick’s fluidity and the soaring music it could be very special if he lands all the jumps. And I haven’t heard that music used in quite a while. It sounds very Olympic. I don’t know if Patrick should go Classical with the LP, since Elegy is Classical. He might do well with Les Miserables, but Yu-Na Kim already did that, so who wants to be compared with Yu-Na? I think he should avoid Turandot and any other opera.

I’m sure whatever he comes up with for next season’s LP will be wonderful. This is just for some off-season fun. They started doing it in V&M’s Fan Fest thread, so that gave me the idea to do it for Patrick too.

spikydurian

Medalist
We know that Patrick will have a new LP next season, and most likely it will be his last competitive season (knowing he has other interests and how hard the last couple seasons have been, I’d be surprised if he remained amateur after Sochi). What do YOU want Patrick to skate to for his LP next season? Is there anything you think would be perfect for Patrick that he hasn't done yet? Movie soundtrack? Classical? Other?

Since I brought this up, I’ll start it off and admit that it's a super hard question for me to answer since I've come to love everything Patrick has done. Right now, I’m picturing how amazing a Chariots of Fire LP from Patrick would be. That music gives me chills anyway, and with Patrick’s fluidity and the soaring music it could be very special if he lands all the jumps. And I haven’t heard that music used in quite a while. It sounds very Olympic. I don’t know if Patrick should go Classical with the LP, since Elegy is Classical. He might do well with Les Miserables, but Yu-Na Kim already did that, so who wants to be compared with Yu-Na? I think he should avoid Turandot and any other opera.

I’m sure whatever he comes up with for next season’s LP will be wonderful. This is just for some off-season fun. They started doing it in V&M’s Fan Fest thread, so that gave me the idea to do it for Patrick too.

Yes, since Elegy is classical, I would love his LP to be dramatic. I became a fan after watching Exilados and would love to see him skate to something similar. Chariots of Fire is a beautiful piece but perhaps my dream is for him to skate to Hero. It has drama, tension and peace. Anyway, Patrick has already chosen his music so we shall see. :)

I think Patrick would love to move on after Sochi too.

emdee

Final Flight
I think I need to break into verse
Anything else sounds just too terse
I'll see Patrick skate on the twenty sixth
I hope his X programs are already fixed
I never liked his dollar and hat skate
So I hope for a new one I dont have to wait

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I think I need to break into verse
Anything else sounds just too terse
I'll see Patrick skate on the twenty sixth
I hope his X programs are already fixed
I never liked his dollar and hat skate
So I hope for a new one I dont have to wait
You are in fine form today!:laugh:

emdee

Final Flight
Scrufflet,

Spiky and I find the time
passes better with rhyme
so we welcome you
to come up with a few!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Scrufflet,

Spiky and I find the time
passes better with rhyme
so we welcome you
to come up with a few!

Ah dear darling Patrick,
This year you got a hat trick!
In 2014, defy the trolls,
Go lights out for Olympic Gold!

Carry it on! (but nicely, of course)

spikydurian

Medalist
Ah dear darling Patrick,
This year you got a hat trick!
In 2014, defy the trolls,
Go lights out for Olympic Gold!

Carry it on! (but nicely, of course)

Welcome Scrufflet to our rhyming game
This we do to till Sochi came
Support our boy, Patrick Chan
During this season with joy and fun :party:

spikydurian

Medalist
Well that's all kinds of awesome! Do we think he'll try it in competition? Or would it not be marked well and be too much of a risk?
There is no indication so far that he'll try this at the competitions. I suppose it depends on how comfortable he is with the jump? He did talk about practising the quad salchow but won't be bringing it to the competitions. Wonder why he is practising the jump during the SOI practice?

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Was at SOI Toronto tonight and discovered something. PC is reallyfunny! We had on-ice tickets and he was playing to us as we were seated beside a photographer (all the skaters did this). Very funny mugging, got quite goofy. Really enjoyed seeing him. Live, his ice coverage is truly phenomenal. He had great programs and did them well!

emdee

Final Flight
I too enjoyed PC.
In the closing number he was right on front of me, looked me right in the eye and then broke out into a charming smile.
His mannish boy has really come a long way and I Even enjoyed his dollar program. Not too many times to see him perform live before he retires.