Patrick Chan | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

emdee

Final Flight
Welcome to chanfan fever skatingfan4ever!

US bureau is now well staffed.

By the way happy thanksgiving to you and all other Americans.

Last edited:

lakeside

On the Ice
Thank you, plushyfan and STARushka. Great to have more and more Russians join us. Can’t wait for GPF in Sochi. :yay:

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
I don't remeber was it said here or not but there is "Russian FSO Awards 2012" (awards from FS site) so Patrick was awarded a teddy bear for Best Single Male Skater and Best EX photo - http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6414/181409796.0/0_9ec5d_5eb278f8_L.jpg :)
He said in brief that it is for the audience a skater works and the support of fans means a lot and makes a skater to improve and to win.;)

Thank you so much for the info, STARushka:bow:
I'd also like to thank the whole Russian audience who gave Patrick a large cheer at the Rostelecom Cup.
Happy to know he's got many fans in Russia now.
The venue is indeed his lucky place, as he said before:biggrin:

spikydurian

Medalist
I may take you up on that Spiky but I dont know when. The barrier reef is on my list of places to see. I have also wanted to do the Cairns to Singapore cruise and see the Komodo dragons!
Booking with Aussie Bureau confirmed, emdee. Reservation valid for 5 years ie. if you are stopping over Brisbane cos' Cairns is too far north. They have komodo dragons in Australian Zoo, Queensland and in Indonesia. So are you thinking of seeing the K dragons in Australia or Indonesia? Must see great barrier reef .... absolutely breathtaking.

I like this pix of Patrick. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...03x403/536355_508377662520513_290461321_n.jpg
So handsome.:love:.... ;)

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Spiky Patrick has turned out to be a really handsome young man.

We will likely see the Komodo in Komodo...thats why the cruise from Cairns. Maybe more than 5 years.... but who knows.

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks STARushka. It's an honour for Tessa, Scott, Joannie and Patrick to be invited to the parliament. I hope they managed to convince the parliamentarians and senators the importance of skating in Canada.;)

loreley

Rinkside
Last edited by a moderator:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Thanks for posting ^ . Very insightful article on Patrick. It says a lot about where his head is at. He's a big boy now :)

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside

Many thanks, loreley!:bow:
He's really matured since the Vancouver Olympics. It's not just he mastered a Quad jump.
I've always thanked him for not having retired after the Games.:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

spikydurian

Medalist
Thank you very much loreley. :bow: from me too. I love the article and it gives an insight into Patrick's thoughts. I love the fact that he speaks so well of Buttle and acknowledged Buttle's sportmanship in putting his own defeat by Patrick aside, and remained as friends off ice. This is what I called 'great sportmanship'. How we handle defeat is just as important as how we win in competitions. Buttle is not only a great skater but insofar shown incredible gift in choreography. Buttle can only get better.

Back to Patrick. :laugh:
Agree with you Ravensque. This kid has grown. Not only has he grown into a young handsome man, but he is finding his own voice and direction in the things he do. We can only learn if we take responsibility of our own decisions. And I like the fact that he dares to take risk .. and he is only 21! A prerequisite of anyone who wants to go into business (so Patrick I think you are on the right track). :)