Patrick Chan | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
loreley said:
Patrick is already in Russia, today he was training at CSKA rink. Alsu Kayumova posted this photo: http://instagram.com/p/RryRmny3-e/

Thanks loreley for taking the trouble to post these pictures here. Much appreciated. Indeed Alsu is a pretty young girl. I hope she will blossom as skater like the other young Russian ladies now before her.

:clap:Welcome skatingfan4ever and lea and happy to have you all join us Patrick fans here. lea, this is a Patrick fan thread not English test so don't worry about your English. Language skill is no barrier to sharing our appreciation of Patrick's skating skills.

skatingfan4ever, your favourites are my favourites too.:yay: Looking at Patrick's past and present skating competitions, one is taken on a journey of seeing a talented 17yo kid growing into a matured 21yo young man. One thing which I am continuously amazed is how he goes all out to take push the boundaries of skating even risking falling. For the critics, "if they can skate Patrick's program without falling and stumbling, I will give you my due respect."

emdee

Final Flight
SF
he looks so pale and peaky. Order of white light coming right over to PC! Prayers too!

Dai had his bad year 2 years ago, Kozuka last year so we have to be prepared that Patrick may not be totally himself. Dont want him falling below 2nd and hopefully will be in first so he is guaranteed a visit to Sochi.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I believe Patrick will make it to GPF at Sochi. It's his stated goal.

I think Patrick is so lean these days because of dance training, like what Pilate does for your muscles, lengthening them instead of bulking up like weight training does.

emdee

Final Flight
Lean is one thing but he looks so pale in his pics. He had that robust and healthy look before. Maybe Mama Chan should allow him some more burgers!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You mean the pics from the practice, those with KJ?

Patrick, like most skaters, tends to be very pale except right after a summer vacation. Vitamin D may be in order. No burgers please!

emdee

Final Flight
My heart was in my mouth for all of his skate. Nearly screamed when he flubbed his second jump...... but the mood and the lines and the SS. OMG it was breathtaking. I think this could be a fabulous program when skated perfectly.

I still think it lacks the chock a bloc elements of an olympic program.

spikydurian

Medalist
Me too.:laugh: Happy for him. It's definitely an improvement. I was worried that two weeks wouldn't make a difference. Wow.. I am beginning to like the part where he does his step sequence during the most silent part of the music. First time I hear his blades sound so well....learning to appreciate it. He looked more confident today. Worth staying up to watch and supporting him from the other end of the globe. Tis 3.00am my time. Good night mates.

SGrand

Final Flight
Seriously, I'm glad I found out the results before watching lol (something I usually don't do). So happy he's getting (most of) the jumps now. Wish he could have tacked on a triple at the end instead of the 1T after the quad. Great 3A, great to see that too! Love the footwork where there's almost no music, just enjoying the sounds he makes with his blades. Some have commented on his lack of emotion or still skating like a robot here, whatever, I think he did great and he really needed this skate, will only build his confidence :)
Have to say, his speed was incredible. I sometimes have a tough time judging, especially when on you-tube, but he really seemed to be flying! (I did watch him right after viewing Johnny though, so that may have something to do with my reaction lol :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Didn't I say Patrick is on track, getting better each and every time out? Have faith, people.

The mistake he made was the 1T instead of a 3T, with bonus, after the 3F, something he can do in his sleep. The best part was the beautiful 3A which must be a great confidence booster. He never lost his jumps, just having to integrate them perfectly into the programs. It's extremely difficult to switch mood from artistic expression into super human athlete endeavors over and over again. But this is figure skating at its highest level.

If a skater can perform his program flawlessly at its debut, he is not pushing his limit. A program needs to progress over the season and hopefully peak at Worlds. Go Patrick!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
It has been reported that Patrick wants to reuse both of this season’s programs for the Olympic season. Patrick has a habit of reusing one program per season, but this is the first time I've heard that he wants to recycle both programs. Do the judges look down upon skaters who use programs for multiple seasons? Do they have a “ we've seen this program so many times already” mentality, such that a newer program would be scored better? I want Patrick’s Olympic moment to be all that he dreams of, and I’m not entirely sure that recycling both programs is the way to do that. If Patrick skates two clean programs at Worlds this year, it might be hard to top that at the Olympics, whereas with new programs, he would have a clean slate so to speak. Your thoughts?

spikydurian

Medalist
:yay:Soooo happy for PChiddy's first gold medal for the season. I am beaming like a proud mother.:p Two super late nights in a row just to watch Chiddy skates. Never mind my panda eyes. :) And thank you t.v.russia for the free streaming.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
skatingfan4ever, I'm too lazy to think much about this possibility unless it is a confirmed fact. Lots to enjoy and experience with Patrick this season still.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
skatingfan4ever, I'm too lazy to think much about this possibility unless it is a confirmed fact. Lots to enjoy and experience with Patrick this season still.
True. Patrick might change his mind or he could have been misquoted or who knows what. As they say, one competition at a time. I've just read the COR Men's FS thread and want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Patrick for winning COR! He's going to the GPF!!!