Patrick Chan | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
I had a dream last night clearly indicating Patrick will overcome the derision and ridicules. It was really funny.
Patrick will have to grow a very thick hide with all the unreasonable insults thrown at him. Hey how about growing a durian skin? He can also roll over the haters. I can help him. ;)

Guru, is your crystal showing that he may get an 'assistant coach'? And is he moving to Detroit Club? And who will choreograph his LP? :)

AprilSnowy said:
As for the Japanese audience, I'm afraid to say not all of them are well-mannered and show some respect to their favorite's opponents.
I didn't hear the boos so I suppose they are in the minority.

Every time I watched his skating live at a competition, his result was a disaster. Perhaps I am a kind of jinx to him
Of course, you are not. Patrick tends to skate poorly early in the season and unfortunately at the last JO, it was just disaster. But I do agree that watching skating shows are less stressful. :laugh: I think WTT should be less stressful for the skaters because it is a team event so the medal doesn't depend on just that one fateful skate.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Patrick worked on his artistry this season which you can clearly see in his movements, after receiving criticism after last years Worlds as Dai is such a dancer on the ice.

I heard Mr. Camerlengo recently praised Patrick, saying he skates more like a dancer:thumbsup:

I think WTT should be less stressful for the skaters because it is a team event so the medal doesn't depend on just that one fateful skate.

Spikydurian, he has never demonstrated his ability to the full at competitions in Japan, however, this time I wish he can show us a perfect FP since this event will be the last opportunity to do full justice to this beautiful program.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick will have to grow a very thick hide with all the unreasonable insults thrown at him. Hey how about growing a durian skin? He can also roll over the haters. I can help him. ;)

:laugh:

Actually my dream told me he would just be himself. This was my first and only dream about Patrick.

In this dream, Patrick was getting married and we were in a room waiting for his attire to arrive. The bride (a retired married pair skater whose identity had significance only in my subsequent dream/message about my new project) showed briefly in a satin dress. Then Patrick showed up in a lacy short white dress, quite pretty except it was on him and there was a large transparent patch showing part of his white underwear. (I didn't see his legs or shoes, :)) I said, "Patrick, you can't wear this! Who made this for you? It is ridiculous. We need to find a formal wear rental quickly." So people in the room started trying to figure out finding a rental on this urgent basis. In the midst of this busy-ness, Patrick reappeared in a casual shirt and old khaki pants and announced, "I'm married."

I woke up with a smile, knowing he would go on being himself and succeed in spite of all the attempts to "dress" or paint him to be ridiculed. Then I went back to sleep with an immediate follow-up dream in which the pair skater appeared again. I woke up in the morning smiling and laughing.

Guru, is your crystal showing that he may get an 'assistant coach'? And is he moving to Detroit Club? And who will choreograph his LP? :)

All the possibilities already exist right now but the future is always in a flux, to be determined by what each and all of us choose. I could PM you some probabilities I see at this time. ;)

figuristka

Medalist
So nice Camerlengo made such comments :) No one else has his glide on the ice, and looks so effortless. I can see also such improvements in artistry. I wish there was not so much criticism and focus on errors.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The significance of the Pair Skater in both my dreams just hit me this morning. She is an Olympics Gold Medalist. How could I have missed the clear inferences in both dreams?!

SGrand

Final Flight
Saw on Instagram that Patrick was on his way back to Detroit to train for WTT. Hope he finds a lot of friendship and support there.

spikydurian

Medalist
:laugh:
In this dream, Patrick was getting married and we were in a room waiting for his attire to arrive. The bride (a retired married pair skater whose identity had significance only in my subsequent dream/message about my new project) showed briefly in a satin dress. Then Patrick showed up in a lacy short white dress, quite pretty except it was on him and there was a large transparent patch showing part of his white underwear.
:laugh: I will be stunned to death!

All the possibilities already exist right now but the future is always in a flux, to be determined by what each and all of us choose.
Our future lies in our thoughts and deeds. If we live the world with kindness, we leave a better place for our children for they are the arrows and we the bows.

I could PM you some probabilities I see at this time.
PM me! :biggrin:

SGrand said:
Saw on Instagram that Patrick was on his way back to Detroit to train for WTT. Hope he finds a lot of friendship and support there.
I think friends mean a lot to Patrick. Wherever he goes, he always talk about being surrounded by friends as one of the reasons he moves to a place. I could see from a practice vid during Skate Canada 2012 that Blade, Amodio and himself get along very well. Body language tells a lot. Glad that he has, besides Blade, Weaver and Poje, other skater friends to motivate each other on.

SGrand

Final Flight
Here's a picture of Patrick with girlfriend Tess and models for Tess's fashion show in Ottawa.
I think Tess needs to remind Patrick to get some formal shoes to go with the suit! :biggrin:

Haha! That's kind of the style these days, you'd be hard pressed to find any young man at a fashion show sporting both a suit and dress shoes. It's either a suit and "fun" shoes or more casual with more of a "statement" shoe. Although I think he could have gone with a cooler looking type of sneaker and not so much a trainer. :p

spikydurian

Medalist
^^^ The white laces just stick out like a sore thumb. Patrick needs to shop for a range of shoes.. of course together with Tess!:laugh:
Max Aaron said that Patrick is fashionable and I don't buy that because I have never thought of Patrick as being a fashion icon.:biggrin: I am sure his wardrobe has changed since Tess became his girlfriend. I like his recent casual smart suit he wore at a fund raising event White Oaks Mall.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think friends mean a lot to Patrick. Wherever he goes, he always talk about being surrounded by friends as one of the reasons he moves to a place. I could see from a practice vid during Skate Canada 2012 that Blade, Amodio and himself get along very well. Body language tells a lot. Glad that he has, besides Blade, Weaver and Poje, other skater friends to motivate each other on.

Do you mean Elladj Balde? (Do his friends call him Blade for fun??)

zydeco88

On the Ice
Since WTT is drawing near, one of TV Asahi sports-related programs has started to shift their focus on figure skating and they zeroed in on Patrick this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDVHzs9cBM
@3:02, he's using the Normatec compression pump to relax his lower extremities. :) First time I've seen him use it.

spikydurian

Medalist
Since WTT is drawing near, one of TV Asashi sports-related programs has started to shift their focus on figure skating and they zeroed in on Patrick this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDVHzs9cBM
@3:02, he's using the Normatec compression pump to relax his lower extremities. :) First time I've seen him use it.
Thank you zydeco88. He has used the Normatec compression pump before in 2012. I think some of the clips may be old ones. Hmm.. AprilSnowy alias Japan Bureau, can you kindly translate the comments of the older man and young lady? Thanks. :)
I think there are a number of good skaters in every team. It will be a close fight. Good luck to all teams!

I forgot.. thank you to figuristka too for the pix of Patrick and Tess. I am sure it's taken by Jeremy. Wow.. what an Easter .... having to eat on a make shift towel on the floor. :laugh: Looks like whoever live there, just moved in.

emdee

Final Flight
I have been crazy busy so havent really involved myself with figure skating.

All the best to Patrick at the WTT.

I thought he pic was cute - picnic and all that!

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Thank you zydeco88. He has used the Normatec compression pump before in 2012. I think some of the clips may be old ones. Hmm.. AprilSnowy alias Japan Bureau, can you kindly translate the comments of the older man and young lady? Thanks. :)
I think there are a number of good skaters in every team. It will be a close fight. Good luck to all teams!

I forgot.. thank you to figuristka too for the pix of Patrick and Tess. I am sure it's taken by Jeremy. Wow.. what an Easter .... having to eat on a make shift towel on the floor. :laugh: Looks like whoever live there, just moved in.

Excuse me for my poor writing skill in English as always.

The older man is Mr. Sano, the first Japanese medalist at the Worlds in 1977.
He was explaining how good Patrick's skating is, saying he can keep the position of his head in the air even while bending and stretching his knees when he skates, on the other hand, poor skaters' heads go up and down while skating.

The young lady is Shizuka Arakawa who won the gold medal in Turin Olympic.
She is saying that people used to say Patrick would be unbeatable once he got any harder jumps (such as quads) under his belt and now that his quad has become a powerful weapon for him, he's been developing into a flawless skater.

As far as I remember, she speaks highly of Patrick as an athlete at every opportunity, always appreciating his sincere attitude toward this sport.

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks AprilSnowy. Japan Bureau rocks! I like to listen to all these old timers talk and analyse other skaters. They pick up little things which I can't and I learn from them just like I learn from knowledgeable commentators.

figuristka

Medalist
Patrick struggles in his LP at WTT. I hope he gets to rest and feels motivated for next season. Part of me hopes he get s technical coach and if more comforable with Lori Nicol, goes back to her for his LP. I think he has improved artistically this year but lost some of his consistency during competition for his free program. Wish him well. Want him on the podium at Olympics so much.