Patrick Chan | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Thank you spiky! :) But again, I only can watch sp. The lp is blocked in Germany couse of the Vivaldi music. Stupid GEMA! :scowl: If you or anyone has the video (downloaded) would you please sent it to me :bow: ([email protected]) that would be very nice:love:

Hmmm... I am not sure how to download and email to you but I will check with my IT-proficient colleagues how best to do it, I promise. Worse come to worse, I will download on dvd and post it to you! :) Wait to hear from me again tomorrow.

Why is it banned because of the music Vivaldi? It's not like the skaters stole the music? :confused:

Kuan

Final Flight
Thak you :clap:! I don´t know why :confused2: It is blocked by GEMA (Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights)... from Wiki: GEMA represents the usage rights stemming from authors' rights (e.g., mechanical licensing, broadcast licensing, synchronization licensing) for the musical works of those composers, lyricists, and publishers who are members in the organization. It is the only such institution in Germany and a member of BIEM and CISAC... bla bla... In GEMA it means: Patrick did not pay Vivaldi/GEMA, so Kuan can not watch his freeskate from 2008! :scowl: I can not watch some of the Tango de los Exilados videos and I need a dollar is also not available for me... but for them I had other sources to download them. But his freesakte at nationals 2008 is really rare... This video is missing in my p.chan video data base. Love this video and how cute his expression is after his last 3 flip...

emdee

Final Flight
I too love his video here.
I remember watching it on TV in 2008. I had heard of him before but it was a shock when he beat Buttle. Of course Buttle then won worlds....

I looked at some of the later videos too. My other favourite is tango de los exilados at 4cc and the youtube version of Patrick and Yuna doing the tango.

emdee

Final Flight
So excited that Chan will be skating at Thornhill. This is near me so shall go to see him.

emdee

Final Flight
I am in serious Patrick withdrawal!

Fortunately the summer is so busy this year that I have very little time to think about it!

spikydurian

Medalist
:laugh: Thanks for the photos! It looks like in Gullivers Travel.
I never thought of that! Now imagine Patrick, Buttle, Weir and Kurt trying to pin Yao Meng down like this! :laugh:

I am in serious Patrick withdrawal!
Fortunately the summer is so busy this year that I have very little time to think about it!

Withdrawal symptom will be gone in three weeks' time, Emdee. You get to see Chiddy's new LP soon at Thornhill competition. I don't know whether I can watch the live streaming (apparently there will be) because Toronto is 10 hours behind Brisbane meaning .. 8.00pm Toronto time is 6.00am Brisbane time. I may have to rely on your report.

Celine

On the Ice
What is Patrick SAYING about his "wants" for this season? Has he come out and said "I WANT TO BE OLYMPIC CHAMPION?"
This can be gross with some people, but he obviously has the track record and the goods.
THAT SAID, there is a question of perception, presentation and strategy. Expectations are already obviously going to be very high. Not having a home country Olympics could temper some of this but still, he is a top pick to be standing on the podium, if not obviously the TOP.

So ... anybody out there. WHAT HAS HE SAID? WHAT IS HIS ... POSITIONING STATEMENT (that we should hold him to...?)

emdee

Final Flight
What is Patrick SAYING about his "wants" for this season? Has he come out and said "I WANT TO BE OLYMPIC CHAMPION?"
This can be gross with some people, but he obviously has the track record and the goods.
THAT SAID, there is a question of perception, presentation and strategy. Expectations are already obviously going to be very high. Not having a home country Olympics could temper some of this but still, he is a top pick to be standing on the podium, if not obviously the TOP.

So ... anybody out there. WHAT HAS HE SAID? WHAT IS HIS ... POSITIONING STATEMENT (that we should hold him to...?)

We are ubers here.. Yes he wants to be champion ....he has already said that.
But we will support him however he skates.

spikydurian

Medalist
:thumbsup:

What's wrong with Patrick inspiring to be an Olympic medallist? Well Celine, find me an elite competitor of any sport who spends his/her many years training hard for FUN.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

Such language in Patrick Chan uber thread?! GS hasn't had Chan bashing thread for a while and you miss it?

emdee

Final Flight
Such language in Patrick Chan uber thread?! GS hasn't had Chan bashing thread for a while and you miss it?

You go girl!

This is going to be an interesting year for us Chanfans. Get out your boxing gloves everyone as THEY are straying into the uber threads as well.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
:thumbsup:

What's wrong with Patrick inspiring to be an Olympic medallist? Well Celine, find me an elite competitor of any sport who spends his/her many years training hard for FUN.

Right! If any skater said he/she was there aiming for bronze, I'd be worried.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
:agree: Yes, we are, and we will support Patrick NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in Sochi. As an avid Michelle Kwan fan, I've been through multiple Olympic disappointments. Life goes on, both for the skater and for their fans. It's not the end of the world if a skater doesn't win the OGM. There's only room for one champion every four years. I still wish Michelle had won an OGM, but the fact that she didn't doesn't minimize my enjoyment of her skating. I want Patrick to win by skating perfectly because that is what HE wants for himself. I want HIM to be satisfied with his second Olympic experience. I will definitely be cheering for him all the way! :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
TWO Olympic Gold Medals for Patrick Chan of Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Patrick go! We are with you all the way.

One Olympic Games at a time. :)

spikydurian

Medalist
:agree: Yes, we are, and we will support Patrick NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in Sochi. As an avid Michelle Kwan fan, I've been through multiple Olympic disappointments. Life goes on, both for the skater and for their fans. It's not the end of the world if a skater doesn't win the OGM. There's only room for one champion every four years. I still wish Michelle had won an OGM, but the fact that she didn't doesn't minimize my enjoyment of her skating. I want Patrick to win by skating perfectly because that is what HE wants for himself. I want HIM to be satisfied with his second Olympic experience. I will definitely be cheering for him all the way! :biggrin:
That's it. You said it for me skatingfan4ever. We wish our favourites all the best and will cheer them on whatever happens. We love them for who they are and what they bring to the ice rink. Go Patrick!:clap:

Welcome "Home" Guru. ;) We miss you dearly.