Patrick Chan | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

I can't forget that sound of blades gliding across the ice when Patrick was performing to Elegy in RC, during his step sequence, I think. The music kinda faded out and it made it more outstanding. It just keeps coming back to me. That was DIVINE.

SGrand

Final Flight
I can't forget that sound of blades gliding across the ice when Patrick was performing to Elegy in RC, during his step sequence, I think. The music kinda faded out and it made it more outstanding. It just keeps coming back to me. That was DIVINE.

I agree, I think it's one of the coolest things, something I never thought I would even appreciate, but it's almost magical.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Many thanks to the person who scanned and uploaded the article and to loreley for bringing the links here! The last 3 paragraphs are my favorite part of the article. I love the fact that, while Patrick enjoys winning and wants to be an Olympic Champion, he also sees the bigger picture. He loves SKATING for its own sake, not just competing. He wants to be remembered for his SKATING and not necessarily for his results. As far as I'm concerned, he's already accomplished that. :) At times, his comments can be taken out of context, but this article was very well done! :clap: He has always been a very articulate and honest person in interviews.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States

I agree, I think it's one of the coolest things, something I never thought I would even appreciate, but it's almost magical.
:agree: :) I LOVE that moment in the program! It's such a PERFECT way to showcase Patrick's pure skating ability!

spikydurian

Medalist
Kurt Browning's blog on the forthcoming GPF. He's not picking any winners. Smart fella ... can you imagine being lynched by 20 skaters and their fans.:laugh:

Wishing Patrick all the best.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
All the best to Patrick..... cannot wait for the weekend.

I got my on ice tickets for CSOI April next year.
Since he is in Canada Patrick may also skate at the Ontario Award ceremony. I went two years ago and saw him - in the small arena he was just 12 feet away when he did his jumps. Wow what an experience.

For those going to Sochi for the GPF- please honour him with an extra cheer on our behalf.

Russian bureau - we will expect special reports from you - please and thanks!

spikydurian

Medalist
Oh emdee, you are really on the ball regarding CSOI! So you have got your seat right next to the ice? Wow.. always envious of those who have the opportunity to watch up close. I am soo envious. :scowl: Give Patrick and all the fabulous skaters two hugs.. one from you, and one koala hug from the faraway Aussie Bureau. :) And of course, your turn to report come April 2013.

What's Ontario Awards? Sounds similar to our Order of Australian awards where Australian citizens are recognised for their achievements or meritorious service.

Good luck to Patrick and all the skaters. I think Men and Ice Dance will be most competitive this GPF.

emdee

Final Flight
Spiky - On ice means actually down on the ice....
Skate Canada Ontario chapter has an Awards show and banquet and its a lot of fun especially if PC is there. Its cheaper than other shows and Patrick received his award after his first WC four feet away from me. They also had a banquet with the skaters but I was too tired and went home instead.

Saw this year's CSOI on TV yesterday and they are really headlining Patrick in their ads for 2013.

emdee

Final Flight
We have them in Canada .... only they maybe made of plastic.

Go Patrick! I hate everyone saying he is going to be overtaken and want to stamp my feet and say Noooooooo

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

Go Patrick! I hate everyone saying he is going to be overtaken and want to stamp my feet and say Noooooooo

These palm trees look real, not plastic.

Anyway, all I wish is Patrick takes the big title and the biggest title.:)

emdee

Final Flight
Blue, Maybe they are real. Plenty of palm trees in south or France,Spain etc.

Apparently when googling I found that they enjoy a subtropical climate so some species of palm trees grow there.
If their average winter temp is 6 degree how the heck are they going to have downhill etc unless its up in the mountains.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re the mild temperatures in Sochi:

I've seen several photos of skaters wearing shorts. Example:
Kirsten Moore-Towers ‏@Kirsten_MT
The Black Sea!! It's pretty warm! pic.twitter.com/i1YsteXm
12:31 AM - 3 Dec 12
https://twitter.com/Kirsten_MT/status/275517516334370816

Maxim Trankov ‏@Trankov_jr even had tweeted the weather forecast:
Важней всего погода в Сочи, а все иное суета))) @ Центральный Стадион http://instagr.am/p/Suz5esOVfU/
2:51 AM - 2 Dec 12
https://twitter.com/Trankov_jr/status/275190474908786688

flaneur

On the Ice
i suppose since he is the only spanish skater, fernandez is basically an honorary member of team canada ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
:rofl: I have seen plants which I thought fake because they are flawless and vice-versa.

Patrick is no longer a kid. He will take care of himself. Go kick ar$e Patrick! We <3 you.

flaneur said:
i suppose since he is the only spanish skater, fernandez is basically an honorary member of team canada
Fernandez's the much loved adopted son of Canada. Go Team Canada. :yay: