Patrick Chan | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

emdee

Final Flight
Welcome home, Emdee. It was last year's CSOI. No news of Patrick here since Thornhill that I know of, other than he said he was not doing anything new, but might throw in a quad sal and second triple axle for fun... a light hearted comment made at High Performance Camp. Also he posted a pic of him and Jeremy A. having a mock duel with mimed swords on the Detroit shore line. It was cute and I would have posted it had I any idea how.

Thanks Coriana!
Hard to get back to reality but still so busy for the next month or two.

emdee

Final Flight
You think he will continue to skate amateur pro Sochi?
Is that a prediction?

Enjoy your new life SF!

If you do come to Skate Canada or Nats let me know in advance and we can try to get together. Coriana and ali_dorate will both be at Skate Canada and we could have a coffee. Luckiest1, Coriana and myself will be at Nationals.

spikydurian

Medalist
Im starting a new life and congratulating myself. :)
Congrats on your 'new life'! :)

I don't believe these will be his last hurrahs.
He did say he hasn't think about retiring after Sochi when posed this question recently. So there is a possibility that he may still continue.:biggrin:

Hmm.. I have this weird thought, feel free to tell me that I am mad. :laugh: What if Chiddy continues after Sochi in ice dance? Does it sound impossible? How long does it take to train a 'partnership'?

emdee

Final Flight
Congrats on your 'new life'! :)

He did say he hasn't think about retiring after Sochi when posed this question recently. So there is a possibility that he may still continue.:biggrin:

Hmm.. I have this weird thought, feel free to tell me that I am mad. :laugh: What if Chiddy continues after Sochi in ice dance? Does it sound impossible? How long does it take to train a 'partnership'?

Wow what a thought!

Coriana

On the Ice
Ice dance... well, he did love Blades of Glory and wished for a male partner on Strombo! Taka is small enough - or Dennis. Or it could go the other way... how about Joubert as a partner? Patrick has also said several times he wanted to be 8 times Can. Champ, and this year only will only make seven. So I keep hoping he won't retire all that soon. I shouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off next year though.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Now, Patrick is training at detroit figure skating club, and is surrounded with great ice dancers. I found him very comfortable among ice dancers and already made some friends. Plus, he seems enjoy watching ice dance competition.:laugh:

emdee

Final Flight
My best wishes to Patrick at Skate Canada.
Cannot wait to see him live and see the improvement from Thornhill!

lcd

Match Penalty
This will be a great men's event. Hopefully no provocative Canadian journalists and some off-ice comment controversy. (Recalling Quebec Grand Prix Final and his comments and how they were treated).

Hope the skating does the talking this event.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
There's an active thread in The Edge right now titled "Can Patrick Chan Cope with the Pressure of Olympic Favoritism?" Despite my vow that I would not enter The Edge or the competition threads once the season started, I couldn't resist. Surprisingly, it hasn't turned into a bashing thread as of yet. (The article cited to start it was the one with Orser's advice, which SGrand posted above). One person asserts that Patrick has a 5-6 fall advantage from the judges and another person mentions that he doesn't have a real coach. Overall, the posts are very reasonable. So, check it out and add your thoughts if you want.

I also wanted to express my best wishes here for Patrick to do well at Skate Canada! :biggrin:

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
This will be a great men's event. Hopefully no provocative Canadian journalists and some off-ice comment controversy. (Recalling Quebec Grand Prix Final and his comments and how they were treated).

Hope the skating does the talking this event.
AMEN TO THAT!!! :agree:

spikydurian

Medalist
There's an active thread in The Edge right now titled "Can Patrick Chan Cope with the Pressure of Olympic Favoritism?" Despite my vow that I would not enter The Edge or the competition threads once the season started, I couldn't resist. Surprisingly, it hasn't turned into a bashing thread as of yet. (The article cited to start it was the one with Orser's advice, which SGrand posted above). One person asserts that Patrick has a 5-6 fall advantage from the judges and another person mentions that he doesn't have a real coach. Overall, the posts are very reasonable. So, check it out and add your thoughts if you want.
It's a mantra from PTF and Jammers. Even without reading, one knows who posted that.:biggrin:

I trust you have arrived in Saint John, Coriana. Emdee, are you leaving today? Anyway ladies, have a great time cheering Patrick and the other skaters.

emdee

Final Flight
Don't forget sky fly
Coriana is already in St. John.
I leave in an hour for the airport.

I like his shirt ...it reminds me of the one he wore in viva la vida.....or is it the same one.

spikydurian

Medalist
Don't forget sky fly
Oh yes, how can I forget sky fall.

Coriana is already in St. John.
I leave in an hour for the airport.
I like his shirt ...it reminds me of the one he wore in viva la vida.....or is it the same one.
Corina said she is not bringing her laptop along so may have to rely on your iphone or ipad for some itsy bitsy news.
Yes, the brown shirt. It too reminds me of the one he wore for his Ex.
Enjoy! Have a good flight.

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's a mantra from PTF and Jammers. Even without reading, one knows who posted that.:biggrin:
Yes, exactly. I made one more post on that thread this morning and now I'm done with it. My avoidance of The Edge and the competition threads begins NOW! The Fan Fests will be my home all season because they're always so positive. I'm all for positivity! :biggrin: