Page 105 of 195 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2913

Thread: Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever, I do not think judges particularly look down used programs if they are of high, exquisite quality and the skater could furthermore perfect those programs which have been the case for Patrick. And if he skates each of thos season's programs to its highest potential, it would be better to get at least one new program.

But like SF said, the season is still early and there are a lot for us to enjoy!

Custom Title
    Thanks SF. That was really interesting.

Custom Title
    Welcome back, Patrick, to the throne.

He gave an interview on CBC about his planned progress, which I just posted about on the Mens FS thread. He is on track.

Custom Title
    Yes, I am very happy for him that he managed to skate a pretty decent program today. Like he said, it needs some work in the 2nd half, but I think it will come. I'm delighted that he is going to the GP final with this encouraging result. It is a beautiful program, beautifully skated, to beautiful music and I really enjoyed seeing it on the big screen on CBC.........was holding my breath watching the feed earlier, so it was sssooooo nice to watch it knowing he had won ........Phewwwww!!!!

Custom Title
    Congrats,Patrick! Who said the Russian ice was unfriendly to you?

Custom Title
    Nice little piece on Chan and Buttle working together:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Top+...ID/2302899715/

Custom Title
    Thanks for posting that SGrand. Jeff is not only a great skater, but also a promising choreographer. It looks like they work very well together...I sure would like to see more collatborations between these two guys.

On the Ice
    Saw SP and LP live, it is magical how Patrick feels what he skates - it was wonderful - was very happy to be there and Gala was also nice - he was in a great mood )

Custom Title
    More reports please, STARushka!

Then you will be our Russia Bureau Chief!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post

Jeff said, "What I try to push is to bring him some musical sensibility and just be aware that you can have the same impact with a lot smaller movement, and I think this program really highlights that fact. It’s very subtle; it’s certainly nothing he has ever done before."

Jeff's choreography is extremely difficult because every subtle, tiny movement has its musical meaning. One subtle, seemingly nitpicking difference can break the mood. For instance, Chan raised his head a bit too abruptly at 00:59 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238Y0PHTweg, which as a consequence contradicted the musical phrasing. The same movement was done perfectly at SA (01:06-01:08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJFNtYmEDJ0). It was gradual and SMOOTH. I praised his artistic improvement for his Skate Canada SP performance, but I did not for his Cup of Russia one. I understand that after losing the gold in Skate Canada, he might be more concerned about technical elements during his SP at CoR. I just want to encourage him to continue working on those subtle aspects as Jeff has tried to push him. They are subtle, but people do take notice of them. The hard work might not immediately translate into points but, well, I just hope he will continue to work on those tiny things.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Thanks for posting that SGrand. Jeff is not only a great skater, but also a promising choreographer. It looks like they work very well together...I sure would like to see more collatborations between these two guys.
    Totally agreed!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by STARushka View Post
    Saw SP and LP live, it is magical how Patrick feels what he skates - it was wonderful - was very happy to be there and Gala was also nice - he was in a great mood )
    So great to hear, I'm hoping to see him live at Nationals or maybe even World's.....

now thats the way pat, best sp, just beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787
    Congrats,Patrick! Who said the Russian ice was unfriendly to you?
    Someone who wants us all think that the Russian audience are unfriendly, biased and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Thanks SGrand. It's great to see the skaters I enjoy watching working together. I am sure Buttle will be a famous choreographer some day. In fact, I believe he's already on his way of being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatefiguring
    More reports please, STARushka! Then you will be our Russia Bureau Chief!
    Yes STARushka, that would be wonderful,and we would be very appreciative.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    I had a "moment" with La Boheme last night. I got that indescribable feeling again and I officially fell in love with the program! After watching it through twice, all I could think about was how much I wanted to go skating. Patrick just looks so free and peaceful when he skates. His speed makes skating look like so much fun. And it wasn't even a perfect FS at COR, so I can only imagine what it will be like when Patrick skates it perfectly. WOW!!! I've always felt the emotion from Patrick when he skates, but La Boheme takes it to an even higher level. It is truly something special.
    Last edited by skatingfan4ever; 11-12-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Page 105 of 195 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 ... LastLast