Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2718

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Great minds think alike!
    Patrick's long edges are comparable to ice dancers.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

STARushka, there were many lovely ladies holding the Canadian flag and posters. Where were you sitting?
    We were just in front of the judjes

Custom Title
    can anyone do me a favor? what did the commentator and Honda say about Patrick?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...i50EMvM#t=788s

Must be something to do with speed and edges .. the only words I can understand from Honda.

STARushka, when you said you sat in front of the judges, do you mean the opposite side of the rink facing the judges?

Emdee, the COI is so exciting. Four great Canadian male skaters: Kurt, Patrick, Elvis and Jeff. Have fun and please report back here.

Custom Title

Emdee, the COI is so exciting. Four great Canadian male skaters: Kurt, Patrick, Elvis and Jeff. Have fun and please report back here.
    And Joannie and Duhamel and Radford! And On Ice tickets - I will be in viewing heaven. A nice Christmas pres to myself

On the Ice

STARushka, when you said you sat in front of the judges, do you mean the opposite side of the rink facing the judges?

Yeah, exactly there

Agree and a bit envious concerning COI

Custom Title
    Sorry I have no time translate it, but here is a very nice article on Patrick from Nikkei Shimbun this morning.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZZO...C1000000/?dg=1

Tripping on the Podium
    The commentator said, "Such splendid steps with his whole body's movement, dynamic jumps executed with high speed, skating as if his edges were licking the ice, those are Patrick's trademarks. And the key to such accomplishments is, according to Mr. Orser, skating skill. If a skater improve his skating skill, he can get high marks regarding both technique and presentation."

Mr. Honda ;"Patrick never loses speed while doing steps. Each of his movements is so smooth and his edges are incredibly tilted, which we call deep edges."

Pardon me my awkwardness, as I translated this roughly.

Takeshi Honda always admires Patrick's amazing skating skill

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilsnowy View Post
    The commentator said, "Such splendid steps with his whole body's movement, dynamic jumps executed with high speed, skating as if his edges were licking the ice, those are Patrick's trademarks. And the key to such accomplishments is, according to Mr. Orser, skating skill. If a skater improve his skating skill, he can get high marks regarding both technique and presentation."

Mr. Honda ;"Patrick never loses speed while doing steps. Each of his movements is so smooth and his edges are incredibly tilted, which we call deep edges."

Too bad he'll apparently be beating Patrick at World's this year

Tripping on the Podium
    I cannot understand why Ms Guzman hasn't corrected those obvious errors now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilsnowy View Post

Thank you so much, Aprilsnowy! Your English is very good, better than mine at least.

Thank you very much Aprilsnowy for taking the time to translate for us. I am grateful and appreciative of your kindness. Our Japan bureau is I am happy that fellow skaters acknowledged Patrick's skating skills. Excited I may be for Patrick heading towards 2014 Sochi, sometimes I feel a wee bit sad that he may retire after that. So I tell myself that I am going to enjoy whatever he brings to competition now and 'ride the journey with him' including biting my finger nails each time he competes.

STARushka.... I am going to freeze the vid to look for you!

Thanks Deedee1 for the article. Nice of you to post it here. I will run it through GoogleChrome on another computer later.

Custom Title
    So now we Chanfans are truly international.

Japan Bureau
    Australia Bureau
    Russia Bureau
    Canada Bureau

any other comers?

Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    So now we Chanfans are truly international.

Japan Bureau
    Australia Bureau
    Russia Bureau
    Canada Bureau

any other comers?
    Maybe some day we ChanFans can get together for an international ChanFan meeting! Australia Bureau' doors are always opened if any of Bureau Representatives come to Australia!

Any rep from USA? South Korea? Not sure where some of us are from? SGrand?
    Last edited by spikydurian; 11-22-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 ... LastLast