Page 110 of 186 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2776

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    I may take you up on that Spiky but I dont know when. The barrier reef is on my list of places to see. I have also wanted to do the Cairns to Singapore cruise and see the Komodo dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Sorry I have no time translate it, but here is a very nice article on Patrick from Nikkei Shimbun this morning.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZZO...C1000000/?dg=1
    Patrick Chan's "Biggest Rival"
    22.11.2012 at 7:00

Quad Energizes Skaters

Before Vancouver, most men's skaters didn't try to do a quad. Nowadays, quad is no longer surprise. Skaters plan a quad in both SP and LP and if they don't have three, their victory will be difficult.
    Chan used to be one of the most famous being quadless. However after Olympics he changed. In recent two seasons, he landed three quads in SP and LP.

"I think men's figure skating is fun to watch now. I started training a quad from Vancouver's season. Then I was thinking I need to do at least two quads, otherwise I'll not be able to compete in the future. The quadruple jump energizes for skaters."

However, all Japanese skaters say the quad is special. They can land Triples or Triple Axel without thinking. But the quad is completely different...

Painful Memory in Vancouver

Chan also says "The quadruple jump takes more time. It needs the power of concentration, especially, pattern of before takeoff is very important. Maybe people think I do a quad easily. No. It's not easy as they think it is."

Vancouver Olympics is a bitter memory for Chan. He won a silver medal at the World championships in 2009. So his home country expected him Olympic gold medal. Then he was 19.

"All our athletes wanted to win and felt nervous. Everyone felt like that. Most of all, I was feeling like that. I wondered what would happen." However, he finished only fifth due to the injury of before 2009-2010 season.
    Olympics was totally different. "It was a very big event. It's impossible to compare Olympics with other events. It had enormous number of viewers. Though when you stand on the ice, I think it was no different from any other competitions."

But according to him, the reason why he didn't get a medal was not because he was tense but he felt pressed. "I really wanted very much to compete soon. So I couldn't calm down. At the Olympics, I learned a lot. For example, how important to control my mind and to stay healthy."

The Strongest - Plushenko and Takahashi

Now we can see many strong skaters all over the world. But Chan names the 2006 Olympic champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist Evgeni Plushenko and the 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Daisuke Takahashi as his biggest rivals in Sochi.

"I think they are the strongest skaters. Although today many strong skaters do quads, they are still young and inexperienced. But Plushenko and Takahashi have a lot of experience. I do think it is a great advantage in Olympics" - Chan said.

(Masako Hara)

http://t.co/27t7S30t
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-22-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Maybe some day we ChanFans can get together for an international ChanFan meeting! Australia Bureau' doors are always opened if any of Bureau Representatives come to Australia!

Any rep from USA? South Korea? Not sure where some of us are from? SGrand?
    Canada!!!

Thanks for the article Deedee and for the translation Plushyfan!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    WHOLE POST:
    Patrick Chan's "Biggest Rival"
    22.11.2012 at 7:00
    Thank you so much, plushyfan!!!

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Maybe some day we ChanFans can get together for an international ChanFan meeting! Australia Bureau' doors are always opened if any of Bureau Representatives come to Australia!

Any rep from USA? South Korea? Not sure where some of us are from? SGrand?
    I'm from the USA! I'd be happy to be the US ChanFan Rep. I've always felt a bit guilty because Patrick is my favorite male skater even though I am not Canadian. I'm proud to be American, but I'm equally proud to be a Chan fan!!!

Custom Title
    Welcome to chanfan fever skatingfan4ever!

US bureau is now well staffed.

By the way happy thanksgiving to you and all other Americans.
    Last edited by emdee; 11-22-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Thank you so much, plushyfan!!!
    The translater was another amazing Japanese lady on Plushy's website, not me.

On the Ice
    I don't remeber was it said here or not but there is "Russian FSO Awards 2012" (awards from FS site) so Patrick was awarded a teddy bear for Best Single Male Skater and Best EX photo - http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6414/...5eb278f8_L.jpg
    He said in brief that it is for the audience a skater works and the support of fans means a lot and makes a skater to improve and to win.

Custom Title
    Thanks STAR, Russia Bureau is up to the mark in postings!

Canadians lagging behind!

Thanks STARushka. Patrick looks happy and the teddy bear looks funny.

Custom Title
    Thank you, plushyfan and STARushka. Great to have more and more Russians join us. Can’t wait for GPF in Sochi.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by STARushka View Post
    I don't remeber was it said here or not but there is "Russian FSO Awards 2012" (awards from FS site) so Patrick was awarded a teddy bear for Best Single Male Skater and Best EX photo - http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6414/...5eb278f8_L.jpg
    He said in brief that it is for the audience a skater works and the support of fans means a lot and makes a skater to improve and to win.
    Thank you so much for the info, STARushka
    I'd also like to thank the whole Russian audience who gave Patrick a large cheer at the Rostelecom Cup.
    Happy to know he's got many fans in Russia now.
    The venue is indeed his lucky place, as he said before

Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    I may take you up on that Spiky but I dont know when. The barrier reef is on my list of places to see. I have also wanted to do the Cairns to Singapore cruise and see the Komodo dragons!
    Booking with Aussie Bureau confirmed, emdee. Reservation valid for 5 years ie. if you are stopping over Brisbane cos' Cairns is too far north. They have komodo dragons in Australian Zoo, Queensland and in Indonesia. So are you thinking of seeing the K dragons in Australia or Indonesia? Must see great barrier reef .... absolutely breathtaking.

I like this pix of Patrick. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...90461321_n.jpg
    So handsome.....
    Last edited by spikydurian; 11-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Custom Title
    Spiky Patrick has turned out to be a really handsome young man.

We will likely see the Komodo in Komodo...thats why the cruise from Cairns. Maybe more than 5 years.... but who knows.

Custom Title
    My goodness, Patrick is indeed handsome in that picture! Thank you, Spikydurian, for the picture.

Page 110 of 186 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 160 ... LastLast