Patrick Chan | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

emdee

Final Flight
My wife and i have been working on a song for Patrick Chan
I thought you all might enjoy the few verses we have so far.

Now here’s the tale
As I sip my ale
Of the Ice King Patrick Chan
Born with skates on his feet
Destined to compete
The fate of Canada
In his hands

Since 1924
There’s never been before
A Canadian to win gold
Others tried before
To even the score
But they left them in the cold

As he stepped in the rink
He began to think
Of his gold medal winning plan
I’ll reverse the curse
I will be first
So catch me if you can

(full song when its up will be on her youtube page...but i fear to post any links ever again here since i was banned once before.)

What are the lyrics for the song so we can begin chanting. For now we are only chanting Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm to quieten our nerves.

princessomega

Rinkside
The lyrics start off with the Now heres the tale....
We havnt completed it yet due to the fact that we dont know 100% sure he will be OGM

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Welcome to the fest, Pricessomega! Thanks for bringing some fun.

What is the tune of the song? Are you two composing the melody as well? (I sometimes join in the effort of my songwriter friend to whom both melody and lyrics come together.)

Guru SF is visualizing Patrick on top of the Olympic podium, a gold medal hanging from his neck, his teary eyes gazing on the Canadian flag high up in the arena and his lips moving with the Canadian national anthem being played.

All is well and will be well.

emdee

Final Flight
Welcome to the fest, Pricessomega! Thanks for bringing some fun.

What is the tune of the song? Are you two composing the melody as well? (I sometimes join in the effort of my songwriter friend to whom both melody and lyrics come together.)

Guru SF is visualizing Patrick on top of the Olympic podium, a gold medal hanging from his neck, his teary eyes gazing on the Canadian flag high up in the arena and his lips moving with the Canadian national anthem being played.

All is well and will be well.

Thanks for the prediction, Guru SF. May it go the way of some of good predictions not your bad ones....

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you, Guru. Me too. Gives me chills. May Mr. Colson's spirit help Patrick to have the best competition of his life in Sochi. The key for him (and us) is to remain calm. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks for the prediction, Guru SF. May it go the way of some of good predictions not your bad ones....

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What bad predictions?! Maybe not all predictions come true at the exact time, but Guru SF does not make bad predictions! And this is not a prediction but a visualization. Visualization is creative, and we know the best way to predict the future is to create it. So, come on everyone, don't argue with me or anybody, but join in the visualization. Top athletes win by visualizing and studies have shown mental practices is as effective as physical practices. And collective energy is very powerful.

Now, calm down, be totally relaxed, get drowsy, and picture in your mind the podium scenario............and believe.

Coriana

On the Ice
What bad predictions?! Maybe not all predictions come true at the exact time, but Guru SF does not make bad predictions! And this is not a prediction but a visualization. Visualization is creative, and we know the best way to predict the future is to create it. So, come on everyone, don't argue with me or anybody, but join in the visualization. Top athletes win by visualizing and studies have shown mental practices is as effective as physical practices. And collective energy is very powerful.

Now, calm down, be totally relaxed, get drowsy, and picture in your mind the podium scenario............and believe.

Please post this again early next week. I'll need to be reminded of keep calm part.

emdee

Final Flight

The visualization didn't work for poor Patty in Vancouver! But I will have faith.
Ohmmmmmmmmm it is.........

Coriana

On the Ice
Emdee, dear Emdee, stop these negative thoughts. I think was rooting for Jeff in Vancouver, so maybe my ohmmmms this time, along with those of half the known universe will ensure Patrick's gold this time.

spikydurian

Medalist
Ohmmmmmm..... no negative. All happy thoughts ..... Patrick's heart warming smile .. holding THE medal ... smiling smiling ... sooo happy...ohmmmmmmmm.:) :)

Patrick in Sochi ... probably after his practice on ice.

(skatingfan, I will give you my comments on your earlier post later).

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The visualization didn't work for poor Patty in Vancouver! But I will have faith.
Ohmmmmmmmmm it is.........

Well, I don't know what else he visualized but he did visuallize enthusiastic applause and standing ovation which he got at Worlds 2011.

emdee

Final Flight
Well, I don't know what else he visualized but he did visuallize enthusiastic applause and standing ovation which he got at Worlds 2011.

I remember his pre or post Vancouver interview on his visualization.

I am not negative and I want the best man to win. Patrick is the best of the best.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Visualization is creative, and we know the best way to predict the future is to create it. So, come on everyone, don't argue with me or anybody, but join in the visualization. Top athletes win by visualizing and studies have shown mental practices is as effective as physical practices. And collective energy is very powerful.

ITA, SkateFiguring!

A few days ago I happened to read a book in which its author insists we should imagine only what we really wish, and try never to have a bad premonition, then our wish will come true.
Our positive mental attitude bring us luck.

Since reading it, I've visualized Patrick's great smile after his skate of his life and his getting standing ovation in Sochi.

Patrick in Sochi ... probably after his practice on ice.
Thank you spikydurian, I'm grad to see his usual smile.

Now, Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks SGrand. It was reported that Patrick is pretty happy with his practice despite jet lag.

Here are some training pictures of Patrick in Sochi.

I do believe in 'meditation' Aprilsnowy and SF especially to calm one's mind. I read up on it a long long time ago tried it but I just didn't really dwell in it. Visualisation, chanting and breathing are three ways to meditate (if i remember well). It is also believed that meditation slows down one's heart beat. Personally, I find chanting easier than visualisation because I have a naughty roaming mind.:biggrin: So I will say ohmmmmmm or something nice about Patrick as my chanting words. Maybe like .. Patrick wins, Patrick wins or I Love Patrick's smile. :)
I love Patrick's smile I love Patrick's smile I love Patrick's smile I love Patrick's smile I love Patrick's smile I love Patrick's smile

Thanks sayacat for the picture. Love that pose. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the vid. i think it is blocked in Australia.