Patrick Chan | Page 123 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Congrats to Patrick. I think he did very well, considering he had to skate after Yuzuru! And what an improvement to the team event! Best of luck tomorrow, I love his long and want a clean skate!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I just looked at the Start Order. Patrick will skate right after Yuzuru, so we'll know as soon as Patrick gets his scores what color the medal is. Patrick MUST stay focused because if Yuzuru skates well, the crowd will be very loud. I think it's a good place for him to skate though. GO AND GET YOUR GOLD PATRICK!!!

coppertop1

On the Ice
Good job, Patrick. Only four points behind Hanyu. Easily overcame. Patrick can still do it, I think the question is can Hanyu rise up to the pressure? He's still young and never been to the Olympics. Go, Patrick!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick said his 3A got too big and he over rotated but he put it behind him and focused on the rest of the program right away. His being so calm and able to focus bode very well for tomorrow. He is not a newbie or a headcase. It is an advantage to skate after Hanyu. Let's all relax with him. I have a new mantra for y'all:

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3........ chant along, 100 times tonight and continue tomorrow morning. It doesn't require the same focus as visualization and can be done almost constantly. Once the competition starts, instead of ohmmmmmm the nervous ones can hum O Canada! as long as you don't feel conflict of loyalty (which is why it is good to wait for the event to start first) or conflict of music.

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold!

SGrand

Final Flight
He seemed very happy with his skate and I am so proud of him for skating so well and finding the joy again, even if he's sitting in 2nd (which I don't mind). If it's meant to be, it's meant to be, if it's not, well, then that means that Hanyu (or another, although someone else seems highly unlikely) was on fire and deserved it. I just want Patrick to get in his zone and enjoy this whole experience and share his gorgeous skating with everyone, regardless of medals.
Good luck Patrick! Relax, breath, trust yourself and kick butt!!!!

coppertop1

On the Ice
He seemed very happy with his skate and I am so proud of him for skating so well and finding the joy again, even if he's sitting in 2nd (which I don't mind). If it's meant to be, it's meant to be, if it's not, well, then that means that Hanyu (or another, although someone else seems highly unlikely) was on fire and deserved it. I just want Patrick to get in his zone and enjoy this whole experience and share his gorgeous skating with everyone, regardless of medals.
Good luck Patrick! Relax, breath, trust yourself and kick butt!!!!

Well said. My philosophy is may the best man win. I hope that means Chan but if not, well, then it's not meant to be. I'm not counting Chan out. Four points isn't a big deficit in men's. Hanyu is still a wild card. It's the Olympics, anything can happen. Today was proof of that between Plushenko's withdrawal, Abbott's amazing comeback, and Hanyu's world record. Chan can do it!

kresslia

Medalist
I think Hanyu will win the gold, something happened at the GPF where his scores just skyrocketed. But it is not impossible for Patrick. He needs to be as good as he was at Trophee Eric Bombard in that LP, but he also needs Yuzuru to make mistakes. Not impossible, as Yuzuru is not the most consistent skater out there. Recently, though, he HAS been ridiculously consistent, so it's not looking good.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I like where Patrick's mind seems to be right now. Whatever placement he finishes, which depends also on how Hanyu performs, he will do very well. I hope and believe an Olympic Gold Medal is his destiny. What is meant to be must be and will be accepted. Meanwhile,

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold for PChiddy!

coppertop1

On the Ice
I like where Patrick's mind seems to be right now. Whatever placement he finishes, which depends also on how Hanyu performs, he will do very well. I hope and believe an Olympic Gold Medal is his destiny. What is meant to be must be and will be accepted. Meanwhile,

7,4,3,2,1, Gold for PChiddy!

Whatever the result, Patrick will always stand out. He has brought something special. If he wins, awesome! If he takes the silver, there's no shame in that. Silver medal is not losing or a disappointment, despite how it's treated at times.

spikydurian

Medalist

7 4 3 2 1 GOLD! 7 4 3 2 1 GOLD! I will say this a 100 times before I go to bed tonight!:)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Patrick in the free skate tonight! :) the point difference is catchable. wish him a fabulous skate and go clean! fingers crossed. :)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick said his 3A got too big and he over rotated but he put it behind him and focused on the rest of the program right away. His being so calm and able to focus bode very well for tomorrow. He is not a newbie or a headcase. It is an advantage to skate after Hanyu. Let's all relax with him. I have a new mantra for y'all:

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3........ chant along, 100 times tonight and continue tomorrow morning. It doesn't require the same focus as visualization and can be done almost constantly. Once the competition starts, instead of ohmmmmmm the nervous ones can hum O Canada! as long as you don't feel conflict of loyalty (which is why it is good to wait for the event to start first) or conflict of music.

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold!
Thank you so much Guru! Love the new mantra and, yes, this American will be proudly humming O Canada for Patrick. :)

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold! 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Send love and white light to envelop Patrick when he shows up, and anytime.

I woke up with a really good feeling about him and his skate today.

7, 4, 3, 2, 1, Gold for Patrick!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations Patrick for two Olympic medals! Don't feel sorry but savour and value your accomplishments.

We love you and thank you for an exciting ride filled with awe, joy, and glory. All the best for whatever you wish to do from now on. Don't rush into any decision please. Find your peace and cherish like we do the incredible feats you achieve that few ever do.

I am so proud of you!

coppertop1

On the Ice
Weird competition, what happened? I know Patrick must be disappointed but we all still love him. He had that weird mistake on the double he might have done it. Don't worry, Patrick. No shame in silver. I hope he sticks around, he can. We've seen male skaters hang around until their early 30s. We love you, Patrick

spikydurian

Medalist
I must admit I am disappointed for Patrick. But I will still love him still.

Yes, congratulations Patrick. Not the colour you and we want but still winning an O medal is an accomplishment. Thank you for the ride with you. You are an amazing skater. Have a good rest and do what you want to do. We are all behind you. Love you!

emdee

Final Flight
Really sorry for Patrick...... wonder if he will get the tech coach he needs. I dont think he will hang around for the next quad but maybe a couple more years.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so will he finally retire ?

I cant see him competing with future big guns next quad, Han Yan, Yuzuru Hanyu, Jason Brown etc