Page 128 of 184 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2757

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Saw on Instagram that Patrick was on his way back to Detroit to train for WTT. Hope he finds a lot of friendship and support there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

In this dream, Patrick was getting married and we were in a room waiting for his attire to arrive. The bride (a retired married pair skater whose identity had significance only in my subsequent dream/message about my new project) showed briefly in a satin dress. Then Patrick showed up in a lacy short white dress, quite pretty except it was on him and there was a large transparent patch showing part of his white underwear.
    I will be stunned to death!

All the possibilities already exist right now but the future is always in a flux, to be determined by what each and all of us choose.
    Our future lies in our thoughts and deeds. If we live the world with kindness, we leave a better place for our children for they are the arrows and we the bows.

I could PM you some probabilities I see at this time.
    PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by SGrand
    Saw on Instagram that Patrick was on his way back to Detroit to train for WTT. Hope he finds a lot of friendship and support there.
    I think friends mean a lot to Patrick. Wherever he goes, he always talk about being surrounded by friends as one of the reasons he moves to a place. I could see from a practice vid during Skate Canada 2012 that Blade, Amodio and himself get along very well. Body language tells a lot. Glad that he has, besides Blade, Weaver and Poje, other skater friends to motivate each other on.

Here's a picture of Patrick with girlfriend Tess and models for Tess's fashion show in Ottawa.
    I think Tess needs to remind Patrick to get some formal shoes to go with the suit!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Here's a picture of Patrick with girlfriend Tess and models for Tess's fashion show in Ottawa.
    I think Tess needs to remind Patrick to get some formal shoes to go with the suit!
    Haha! That's kind of the style these days, you'd be hard pressed to find any young man at a fashion show sporting both a suit and dress shoes. It's either a suit and "fun" shoes or more casual with more of a "statement" shoe. Although I think he could have gone with a cooler looking type of sneaker and not so much a trainer.

^^^ The white laces just stick out like a sore thumb. Patrick needs to shop for a range of shoes.. of course together with Tess!
    Max Aaron said that Patrick is fashionable and I don't buy that because I have never thought of Patrick as being a fashion icon. I am sure his wardrobe has changed since Tess became his girlfriend. I like his recent casual smart suit he wore at a fund raising event White Oaks Mall.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    I think friends mean a lot to Patrick. Wherever he goes, he always talk about being surrounded by friends as one of the reasons he moves to a place. I could see from a practice vid during Skate Canada 2012 that Blade, Amodio and himself get along very well. Body language tells a lot. Glad that he has, besides Blade, Weaver and Poje, other skater friends to motivate each other on.
    Do you mean Elladj Balde? (Do his friends call him Blade for fun??)

Nice photo on twitter by Jeremy Abbott http://instagram.com/p/XiIManG8O0/

Happy Easter to everyone!

Custom Title
    Since WTT is drawing near, one of TV Asahi sports-related programs has started to shift their focus on figure skating and they zeroed in on Patrick this week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDVHzs9cBM
    @3:02, he's using the Normatec compression pump to relax his lower extremities. First time I've seen him use it.

Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    Since WTT is drawing near, one of TV Asashi sports-related programs has started to shift their focus on figure skating and they zeroed in on Patrick this week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDVHzs9cBM
    @3:02, he's using the Normatec compression pump to relax his lower extremities. First time I've seen him use it.
    Thank you zydeco88. He has used the Normatec compression pump before in 2012. I think some of the clips may be old ones. Hmm.. AprilSnowy alias Japan Bureau, can you kindly translate the comments of the older man and young lady? Thanks.
    I think there are a number of good skaters in every team. It will be a close fight. Good luck to all teams!

I forgot.. thank you to figuristka too for the pix of Patrick and Tess. I am sure it's taken by Jeremy. Wow.. what an Easter .... having to eat on a make shift towel on the floor. Looks like whoever live there, just moved in.

Custom Title
    I have been crazy busy so havent really involved myself with figure skating.

All the best to Patrick at the WTT.

I thought he pic was cute - picnic and all that!

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you zydeco88. He has used the Normatec compression pump before in 2012. I think some of the clips may be old ones. Hmm.. AprilSnowy alias Japan Bureau, can you kindly translate the comments of the older man and young lady? Thanks.
    I think there are a number of good skaters in every team. It will be a close fight. Good luck to all teams!

I forgot.. thank you to figuristka too for the pix of Patrick and Tess. I am sure it's taken by Jeremy. Wow.. what an Easter .... having to eat on a make shift towel on the floor. Looks like whoever live there, just moved in.
    Excuse me for my poor writing skill in English as always.

The older man is Mr. Sano, the first Japanese medalist at the Worlds in 1977.
    He was explaining how good Patrick's skating is, saying he can keep the position of his head in the air even while bending and stretching his knees when he skates, on the other hand, poor skaters' heads go up and down while skating.

The young lady is Shizuka Arakawa who won the gold medal in Turin Olympic.
    She is saying that people used to say Patrick would be unbeatable once he got any harder jumps (such as quads) under his belt and now that his quad has become a powerful weapon for him, he's been developing into a flawless skater.

As far as I remember, she speaks highly of Patrick as an athlete at every opportunity, always appreciating his sincere attitude toward this sport.

Thanks AprilSnowy. Japan Bureau rocks! I like to listen to all these old timers talk and analyse other skaters. They pick up little things which I can't and I learn from them just like I learn from knowledgeable commentators.

Tripping on the Podium
    Patrick's photo is appearing on the cover of the most popular magazine for figure skating fans in Japan!
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/i...465392&s=books

Soooo happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilsnowy View Post
    Patrick's photo is appearing on the cover of the most popular magazine for figure skating fans in Japan!
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/i...465392&s=books

Soooo happy!
    Thank you Aprilsnowy. If there are any articles inside the magazine, share with us please.

Patrick struggles in his LP at WTT. I hope he gets to rest and feels motivated for next season. Part of me hopes he get s technical coach and if more comforable with Lori Nicol, goes back to her for his LP. I think he has improved artistically this year but lost some of his consistency during competition for his free program. Wish him well. Want him on the podium at Olympics so much.

Page 128 of 184 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 178 ... LastLast