Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2923

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    I am in serious Patrick withdrawal!

Fortunately the summer is so busy this year that I have very little time to think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Thanks for the photos! It looks like in Gullivers Travel.
    I never thought of that! Now imagine Patrick, Buttle, Weir and Kurt trying to pin Yao Meng down like this!

Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    I am in serious Patrick withdrawal!
    Fortunately the summer is so busy this year that I have very little time to think about it!
    Withdrawal symptom will be gone in three weeks' time, Emdee. You get to see Chiddy's new LP soon at Thornhill competition. I don't know whether I can watch the live streaming (apparently there will be) because Toronto is 10 hours behind Brisbane meaning .. 8.00pm Toronto time is 6.00am Brisbane time. I may have to rely on your report.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    (Cross-posting from the Skate Detroit thread)

Chan posing there (off ice) with young skaters:

^^ Thank you golden411. Nice pictures with cute little girls.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Chan's new CBC "Olympic Portrait vid (one minute long):

He talks about his inspirations: Browning, Stojko, and coach Osborne Colson.

Tripping on the Podium
    What is Patrick SAYING about his "wants" for this season? Has he come out and said "I WANT TO BE OLYMPIC CHAMPION?"
    This can be gross with some people, but he obviously has the track record and the goods.
    THAT SAID, there is a question of perception, presentation and strategy. Expectations are already obviously going to be very high. Not having a home country Olympics could temper some of this but still, he is a top pick to be standing on the podium, if not obviously the TOP.

So ... anybody out there. WHAT HAS HE SAID? WHAT IS HIS ... POSITIONING STATEMENT (that we should hold him to...?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    What is Patrick SAYING about his "wants" for this season? Has he come out and said "I WANT TO BE OLYMPIC CHAMPION?"
    This can be gross with some people, but he obviously has the track record and the goods.
    THAT SAID, there is a question of perception, presentation and strategy. Expectations are already obviously going to be very high. Not having a home country Olympics could temper some of this but still, he is a top pick to be standing on the podium, if not obviously the TOP.

So ... anybody out there. WHAT HAS HE SAID? WHAT IS HIS ... POSITIONING STATEMENT (that we should hold him to...?)
    We are ubers here.. Yes he wants to be champion ....he has already said that.
    But we will support him however he skates.

Custom Title

Well said

Well said Emdee. And counting the days.

What's wrong with Patrick inspiring to be an Olympic medallist? Well Celine, find me an elite competitor of any sport who spends his/her many years training hard for FUN.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post

Such language in Patrick Chan uber thread?! GS hasn't had Chan bashing thread for a while and you miss it?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Such language in Patrick Chan uber thread?! GS hasn't had Chan bashing thread for a while and you miss it?
    You go girl!

This is going to be an interesting year for us Chanfans. Get out your boxing gloves everyone as THEY are straying into the uber threads as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

What's wrong with Patrick inspiring to be an Olympic medallist? Well Celine, find me an elite competitor of any sport who spends his/her many years training hard for FUN.
    Right! If any skater said he/she was there aiming for bronze, I'd be worried.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    Yes, we are, and we will support Patrick NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in Sochi. As an avid Michelle Kwan fan, I've been through multiple Olympic disappointments. Life goes on, both for the skater and for their fans. It's not the end of the world if a skater doesn't win the OGM. There's only room for one champion every four years. I still wish Michelle had won an OGM, but the fact that she didn't doesn't minimize my enjoyment of her skating. I want Patrick to win by skating perfectly because that is what HE wants for himself. I want HIM to be satisfied with his second Olympic experience. I will definitely be cheering for him all the way!

Custom Title
    TWO Olympic Gold Medals for Patrick Chan of Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Patrick go! We are with you all the way.

One Olympic Games at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan4ever View Post
    Yes, we are, and we will support Patrick NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS in Sochi. As an avid Michelle Kwan fan, I've been through multiple Olympic disappointments. Life goes on, both for the skater and for their fans. It's not the end of the world if a skater doesn't win the OGM. There's only room for one champion every four years. I still wish Michelle had won an OGM, but the fact that she didn't doesn't minimize my enjoyment of her skating. I want Patrick to win by skating perfectly because that is what HE wants for himself. I want HIM to be satisfied with his second Olympic experience. I will definitely be cheering for him all the way!
    That's it. You said it for me skatingfan4ever. We wish our favourites all the best and will cheer them on whatever happens. We love them for who they are and what they bring to the ice rink. Go Patrick!

Welcome "Home" Guru. We miss you dearly.

Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 182 ... LastLast