Patrick Chan | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

kresslia

Medalist
I also fully expect him to make a comeback at the 2015 Nationals. I don't buy that he's going to be retiring just yet. He's only 23, and I think he feels there's some unfinished business to be dealt with.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Patrick has been missed at Saitama Worlds this past week. By me and a lot of Japanese skating fans who were there. Presence of him would have made Mens comp at the Worlds even more exciting one for these fans. Most of us would understand his reasoning of course, though.

I just want Patrick to know that these fans would have never ever made him to feel the atmosphere at the arena 'away' to him. Spending four fabulous days there myself, that's for sure. :yes: Hoping TV/PC screens did reflect such a very warm and friendly atmosphere by the crowds towards every skaters at the arena throughout the entire competitions. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Patrick has been missed at Saitama Worlds this past week. By me and a lot of Japanese skating fans who were there. Presence of him would have made Mens comp at the Worlds even more exciting one for these fans. Most of us would understand his reasoning of course, though.

I just want Patrick to know that these fans would have never ever made him to feel the atmosphere at the arena 'away' to him. Spending four fabulous days there myself, that's for sure. :yes: Hoping TV/PC screens did reflect such a very warm and friendly atmosphere by the crowds towards every skaters at the arena throughout the entire competitions. :)
Is there anyways that we could send him the message? He does not seem to pay attention to fans' comment on his Instagram acc. Can't blame him, there are too many comments I doubt that he even have time to read half of them.

SGrand

Final Flight
I can't believe how I didn't really follow worlds as much this year (was so sad that PC and V/M & D/W wouldn't be there). I have seen some of the great performances though and have to say it was a really great competition and kind of regret not getting into it (although I was sick too).
Totally think PC will eventually come back. We all know he's been training other quads and I'm sure he wants to still compete and get over this whole triple axle nemesis nonsense too!!! There is definitely unfinished business! I just want him to come back and skate to skate, to enjoy it and have fun and compete, I don't care if he wins (of course I would hope, but whatever).

BTS video of a Harry Rosen shoot he did recently:

http://www.harryrosen.com/video-patrick-chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Patrick is skating in Osaka this weekend, so I'm sure he'll feel the love.
I am in Osaka now. Managed to catch cherry blossoms at Osaka castle today. Was looking out for posters on Japan SOI, haven't spotted any. So near and yet so far to Patrick. :-(

seabm7

Final Flight
If this hasn't been posted elsewhere, here is the list of Japanese shows he will participate in during the month of April:

World Figure 2014 Osaka Exhibition, April 5-6 (arranged by JSF?).

Superstars on Ice in Sapporo, April 7-9 (an IMG show).

Stars on Ice Japan, April 11-13 in Tokyo, April 16-18 in Nagoya, April 19-20 in Osaka.

Stars on Ice Canada starts in Halifax, NS on April 25.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If this hasn't been posted elsewhere, here is the list of Japanese shows he will participate in during the month of April:
World Figure 2014 Osaka Exhibition, April 5-6 (arranged by JSF?).
Superstars on Ice in Sapporo, April 7-9 (an IMG show).
Stars on Ice Japan, April 11-13 in Tokyo, April 16-18 in Nagoya, April 19-20 in Osaka.
Stars on Ice Canada starts in Halifax, NS on April 25.
Thank you so much. I hope to see Patrick's smile and perform like nothing bad has ever happen to him. I hope he recoveries quickly and come back.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Just bought my CSOI ticket, and a good one to be able to hear the blades carving the ice:) I really hope Patrick come back at least once to skate two fabulous clean programs at World and get another title. If he does not add another quad or another 3A, the likelihood of getting OGM in 2018 is not that big IMHO, but another World title in a year or two is definitely within his capacity no matter what other people do. I start to admire Hanyu now since he's so humble and hard working. He said he wants to work harder so that to truly deserve OGM. His LP at World was a demonstration of shear will power. The skatingwas not great but the spirit was very admirable. I hope Patrick can get over his nerve and ideally find a technical coach that would help him with his jumps, and maybe a sport psychologist too. He's too good and too young to quit at this stage, even though he's quite accomplished already.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Patrick is on Strombo today! A really good interview! He's looking relaxed and is very funny. See it if you can (sorry, I don't know how to get around geoblocking).

Suzzie

Rinkside
watched few hours ago. very good. he's really looking more relaxed. and i always liked his sense of humor.
the story about checking mails is great ))

the only thing I didn't like - he didn't say that he'd go to the next Olympics. but at least he didn't say that he retired. so we can hope :)