Patrick Chan | Page 136 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Just watched the Strombo interview! SO FUNNY!!!!! :laugh: He didn't say he wasn't going to the next Olympics but that it would be a "bonus" to do so. Sounds to me like he's going to take it year by year and see how he feels. He's so much more relaxed now and his sense of humor really was on display here. LOVED IT!!! :biggrin: Loved the part about how Mark McMorris being so excited with bronze helped Patrick see the value of simply getting any color medal. Best statement of the whole interview: "The bronze and gold medals look the same in pictures. At least mine stands out."

Can't wait to see Patrick's new Ex to Michael Buble music. Hopefully someone will upload it to YouTube. :)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Just watched the Strombo interview! SO FUNNY!!!!! :laugh: He didn't say he wasn't going to the next Olympics but that it would be a "bonus" to do so. Sounds to me like he's going to take it year by year and see how he feels. He's so much more relaxed now and his sense of humor really was on display here. LOVED IT!!! :biggrin: Loved the part about how Mark McMorris being so excited with bronze helped Patrick see the value of simply getting any color medal. Best statement of the whole interview: "The bronze and gold medals look the same in pictures. At least mine stands out."

Can't wait to see Patrick's new Ex to Michael Buble music. Hopefully someone will upload it to YouTube. :)

That's exactly how I felt! He has great sense of humor and unpretentious. Just great to see his personality shone through.

SGrand

Final Flight
That Strombo interview was so funny and cute!
He called Plu a grouch after Vancouver LOL!

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
I can't believe how I didn't really follow worlds as much this year (was so sad that PC and V/M & D/W wouldn't be there). I have seen some of the great performances though and have to say it was a really great competition and kind of regret not getting into it (although I was sick too).

Totally think PC will eventually come back. We all know he's been training other quads and I'm sure he wants to still compete and get over this whole triple axle nemesis nonsense too!!! There is definitely unfinished business! I just want him to come back and skate to skate, to enjoy it and have fun and compete, I don't care if he wins (of course I would hope, but whatever).
I'm with you, SGrand. I haven't watched any of Worlds yet. For years, I would look at fans who stopped watching figure skating after Skater X retired and think, "How strange! They must not love figure skating as much as I do." Well, having been on this roller coaster ride with Patrick for all these years, I definitely "get it" now. The Olympics was so difficult to deal with that I just wanted/needed a break from being a hardcore skating fan. Maybe I'll be hardcore again by the time the GP season rolls around, but I really don't know at this point.

It's not that I think Patrick deserves/should win/could win more titles. Rather, Patrick is one of the few skaters who intrigues me enough that I think to myself, "Ooo, I wonder what his new program(s) will be next season? What more will he do to wow me." It's his actual skating that I will miss, not him winning. He has accomplished more at 23 than most skaters ever will. My admiration for Patrick goes much deeper than his titles. I'm looking forward to any other programs he has in store for us, whether they are exhibitions or competitive programs.

makaihime

Final Flight

Lmao that's adorable :laugh:

spikydurian

Medalist
That Strombo interview was so funny and cute!
He called Plu a grouch after Vancouver LOL!
I only just managed to watch the vid ...in Osaka (unfortunately not the ex show). Was in Mt Koya yesterday and since it was too cold to go out (snowed this morning in April!!) last night, I watched a wee bit of t.v. and there was a program on the super cute and talented Honda kids. I think the oldest girl (Marin?) may be a Mao in future.

Back to Patrick ....SGrand, he called himself a grouch too.:biggrin:
I enjoyed the interview. Strombo and Patrick seems to have a great rapport. Oh my my ..... I am not sure what to think when I read his responses or posts on twitter. Good that he doesn't tweet every morning. :laugh:

Skatingfan, I am with you and SGrand. I didn't bother to subscribe to t.v. teka this Worlds, and was just happy to check the results later and select vids to watch at my own pace. We need to find someone to follow and cheer for the next few seasons. If Patrick eventually retires, it will be interesting to hear his opinions on many things. He is so opened and funny. Put him and Kurt together ...... LOL....

alicetang

Rinkside
hello everyone!! im new here and ive seen patrick around over the past 5 years and decided to hop back onto the figure skating wagon during sochi and it amazed me how wonderfully patrick has grown since vancouver. he's truly become not only a wonderful skater but also a fantastic artist. :""")
and yes, i just watched the strombo interview (how could i resist) and i COULD NOT STOP SMILING. patricks such a humble guy who's open, honest, funny, and a genuine human being. if he continues to skate competitively id die from happiness but even if he retires id still follow pchiddy to the ends of the earth.
also, id love to see patrick participate in the inaugral event of halfpipe figure skating, like he and george were talking about lol

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Welcome to the fest alicetang. Patrick actually had two of his worst skates at the Olympics, succumbing to the enormous pressure. To appreciate his current level of skills and performance, check out his TEB 2013 videos on youtube.

peechiddy

Spectator
patrick chan will always be a legend :^^)

suddenly, i'm remembering his junior worlds skates and im getting nostalgic
time passes so fast woah

Meoima

Match Penalty
From the Instagram of his and other skaters, it seems like he is having fun. It's good to know. :love:

emdee

Final Flight
Saw PC's program on SOI and his smile has got cuter. I love how that stepping out program has progressed.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Saw PC's program on SOI and his smile has got cuter. I love how that stepping out program has progressed.
When he doesn't smile he looks 30 years old. But when he smiles he looks so funny and helpless, I just want to pat his shoulders and say: "The burden is over."

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Various pics from SOI Japan:

https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/452212786991341569/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/452682202640179200/photo/1

http://instagram.com/p/mc02LWx1-7/

http://instagram.com/p/mZ0-hlx1_f/

http://instagram.com/p/mt9-ULx13o/

When he doesn't smile he looks 30 years old. But when he smiles he looks so funny and helpless, I just want to pat his shoulders and say: "The burden is over."
:agree: He has carried others' expectations for far too long. He just needs to let go and be himself. I love his smile and his laugh.