Patrick Chan | Page 138 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
How could I have forgotten that phenomenal performance? It is shameful that the much criticized Worlds gold medal skate got into my head so I always feel bad that a fluke fall on the easiest jump near the end of a wonderful performance created so much controversy. I am going to kick that out of my head and let this historic skate live there instead.

Still would love to see him repeat that Nationals performance at Worlds. Really, this performance and the TEB 2013 should put to death of any question about Patrick being the best skater ever. But of course the haters will keep on nitpicking his less than perfect performances to create the impression that he is unworthy of his WC titles, never mind that all others skate imperfectly without ever putting out supremely difficult yet flawless performance ever in their career.
The only other thing I wish he'd done in that program was a quad-triple combo, but that's being really greedy. 2012 Worlds was so weird. In many respects, it was less controversial than 2013 and yet people still harp on it. Oh well. I love your post, especially the part I've bolded. Patrick gets all this criticism and yet he has managed to skate a few flawless programs in his career, something most skaters only dream of.

Meoima

Match Penalty
On facebook skate Canada, they have just posted a video in which PChan did some kind of...flips outdoor. I don't know what kind of sport is that. He seems to enjoy himself very much. I am glad he is having fun. :love:

ayarose

On the Ice
No one posted it seems but PChan is on the cast of Mao Asada's The ICE 2014. There are three legs for the tour.

Nagano - July 19-21
Aichi - July 23 - 24
Osaka - July 26 - 27

Cast: Asada Mao, Kozuka Takahiko, Murakami Kanako, Miyahara Satoko, Mura Takahito, Takahashi Narumi & Kihara Ryuichi, Adelina Sotnikova, Gracie Gold,Mae Berenice Meite, Jeffrey Buttle, Patrick Chan, Jeremy Abbott, Maxim Kovtun, Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Maia & Alex Shibutani.

Guest for Aichi: Yamamoto Sota, Hongo Rika & Uno Shoma.

Videos are usually uploaded later in their official YT channel: here
HP: The ICE

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
According to fan reports at The ICE, Patrick said he will not compete in the 2014-2015 season at all but he wants to come back after that.

There's an article too.
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2014/07/20/kiji/K20140720008600780.html

Wow that's actually what I secretly hoped he would do!

I know a lot of people say Patrick has reached his 'peak' or that he has no chance of competing against Yuzu now... but you never know what can happen with someone. He's a wonderful skater regardless of if he chooses to compete again, but if he does you can't just know and say how he will end up performing with certainty. :no: I really despise that mentality.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wow that's actually what I secretly hoped he would do!

I know a lot of people say Patrick has reached his 'peak' or that he has no chance of competing against Yuzu now... but you never know what can happen with someone. He's a wonderful skater regardless of if he chooses to compete again, but if he does you can't just know and say how he will end up performing with certainty. :no: I really despise that mentality.
I agree. If he wants to come back in competition after his break then I support him. I definitely want to see him compete again.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I will wait for an official announcement, i.e. directly from Patrick or Skate Canada.

He is not retiring and he knows what he needs to recharge after all these years of competing.

All my best, Patrick.

kresslia

Medalist
I find it ridiculous to say Patrick can't compete with Yuzuru when he was able to beat him head-to-head twice this past season. Much is said about Patrick's inconsistency, but Yuzuru is just as inconsistent.

Not bashing Yuzuru, btw, I love him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I find it ridiculous to say Patrick can't compete with Yuzuru when he was able to beat him head-to-head twice this past season. Much is said about Patrick's inconsistency, but Yuzuru is just as inconsistent.

Not bashing Yuzuru, btw, I love him.
PChiddy and Yuzuru are both consistent. To stay on the top for so long, and to reach to the top after such a short time, you have to be consistent. It's not about the falls or the tumbling, it's about the quality of the rest of their performing, much better than most skaters, thus they are rewarded with high scores.:)

lcd

Match Penalty
Loved the duet version of his Rachmaninoff that he did with Jeff Buttle on TheICE tour

m0001

On the Ice
Just in case you haven't read these comments from Ice 2014 Japan:

[figureskateobasan:] I went to The ICE yesterday! I can't believe i cried during Patrick's performance. Even now I still can't get over it! so beautiful and elegant. too bad that he will sit out this season.

[Pandaatlarge:] Patrick Chan: Standing ovation, twice!! Beautiful Tango with beautifully landed 2A, 3T and 3F, but the skating just made the audience hold their breathe. Especially unlike other typical ex performances, it was full of transitions, highly competitive steps... just a wow. And Elegie together with Jeff was just like a fantasy.