Page 139 of 195 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2913

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    No I didnt ask for autographs....

Banned
    Johnny was very thoughtful and professional with his commentary. I would however love to see his facial expressions as he speaks, since I am certain that one could read more impishness in his expressions that would expand upon the meaning of his carefully chosen words

Custom Title
    Yeah, I like Johnny's commentary. TBH I didn't expect him to say so many nice things about Patrick either, but he did. Indeed very thoughtful and knowledgeable commentary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Yeah, I like Johnny's commentary. TBH I didn't expect him to say so many nice things about Patrick either, but he did. Indeed very thoughtful and knowledgeable commentary.
    Johnny is also very media savvy. This event was not the time for him to make any controversial comments which might induce 'feedback' which would harm the perception of his commentary debut in the minds of NBC producers etc.

I look forward to Johnny 'warming up' his zingers when the moment is 'right'

Custom Title
    You're probably right. Let's see what he'll say at TEB. Anyway I'm still surprised (and glad) Johnny said Patrick has best skating skills, even better than Yuzru and Takahashi whom Johnny likes so much.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    You're probably right. Let's see what he'll say at TEB.
    Personally, I don't like and respect commentators who are equivalent to our Aussie shock jocks who tend to cater to a niche audience. Will see whether Weir will choose the path of a shock jock or serious commentator.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    I am quite nervous for Patrick after watching Dai at NHK. Dai got a 95 for his flawless SP and had a great LP as well. Most surprisingly, Dai did very well on his quads at NHK. He looked a lot more like 2010 Dai than he has of late. If he maintains this level for the rest of the season, Patrick better watch out. If Dai skates like that at the Olympics and wins, there won't be much reason to complain about it. I had sort of counted Dai out of the OGM race after SA, but he seems to be back in it. I love both Dai and Patrick very much, but I want Patrick to win the OGM SO BADLY!!! Dai was amazing at NHK, although I still like Patrick's programs more this season.

Do skaters usually keep track of what happens at GPs they're not in? I honestly hope Patrick wasn't watching NHK. He needs to stay in his own mental space and then whatever happens happens. Here's hoping Patrick will skate Dai-like at TEB! I wonder what the judges will do if both Dai and Patrick skate clean in Sochi.

Custom Title
    I wish they allowed ties! Dai's short was fab. I think that's the second highest SP, beating Hanyu's last two, but still a few points under Patrick's record. I do hope one or bot of them will crack 100 this year, though they'll need many, many 3 GOES to do it. Neither have showed anywhere near the best long yet.
    Last year, I think 26 points was the cut off for the GPF. This year 24 might make it - or at least Dia and Oda might be first and second alternates. Sorry to see Javi out of the running., and Taka. Not to mention the injured Denis and the bootless Kevin, and the - well... Brian. We're going to havesome new cast members for the GPF show.

Custom Title
    The one, out of several, who brings it on the two days will win. The more who do the better.

I would not project from one or two skates from the early season though. Patrick tends to peak late in the season and Dai at NHK and the Nationals, in front of his adoring subjects. He did really well this week but also seemed to be very generously gifted by the judges and especially the tech Panel this time. I also find the discrepencies in scoring among the different GP events this season so far quite obvious, at least in Mens.

So I really don't want to predict from Patrick's one showing this season either. There were no controversies about his SC win because it was clean, just as it was for the NHK medalists so people are raving about and moved by the performances. However, Patrick needs to up his TES substantially by late season and of course in Sochi and I'm sure he intends to.

All things considered, Patrick still stands the best chance of winning dispite the fierce competition. If everyone does his best, Patrick's TES/PCS combo is unbeatable. And when he is mentally strong, he can't be beat.

So I will stay in my zone of believing that he will be in that perfectly aligned proverbial zone at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The one, out of several, who brings it on the two days will win. The more who do the better.

I would not project from one or two skates from the early season though. Patrick tends to peak late in the season and Dai at NHK and the Nationals, in front of his adoring subjects. He did really well this week but also seemed to be very generously gifted by the judges and especially the tech Panel this time. I also find the discrepencies in scoring among the different GP events this season so far quite obvious, at least in Mens.

So I really don't want to predict from Patrick's one showing this season either. There were no controversies about his SC win because it was clean, just as it was for the NHK medalists so people are raving about and moved by the performances. However, Patrick needs to up his TES substantially by late season and of course in Sochi and I'm sure he intends to.

All things considered, Patrick still stands the best chance of winning dispite the fierce competition. If everyone does his best, Patrick's TES/PCS combo is unbeatable. And when he is mentally strong, he can't be beat.

So I will stay in my zone of believing that he will be in that perfectly aligned proverbial zone at the right time.
    I will join you in that zone SkateFiguring! I just wanted to get my thoughts out and the safest place to do that is with my Chan fest buddies. Hugs to you all.

I am not Patrick but I think he should be adopting the attitude - skate my best and not worry about how others skate because you can control yourself but not others. Motivation is best from within. I trust Patrick and his team know what they are doing. Honestly, I will be worried if Patrick skated his best at SC or even TEB! He normally peaks around January. And I agree with Skatefiguring that it is not useful to compare marks across different competitions.

Dai had a great skate at NHK. Poor Fernandez didn't, But I certainly wouldn't write Fernandez off because of one bad skate. I didn't wrote Dai off with his bad skate at SA. And I am sure Patrick does not see his peers in lesser light just that he needs to know what to do for himself in order to win a medal. skatingfan and coriana, let's have faith in Patrick and send him positive vibes. Ohmmmmmm

Custom Title
    Ohmmmmmm. I have total faith in Patrick.

I have faith in him too!!! Patrick only needs one great competition this season and that's at the Olympics. Everything else is secondary. February is the time to peak this season. Sending many positive vibes Patrick's way. SC was a good start.

Let's write no one off because, as we all know, anything can happen at the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriana View Post
    Ohmmmmmm. I have total faith in Patrick.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan4ever
    I have faith in him too!!!

Custom Title

Lightbulb

Me three...total faith!

Now guru....when do we start chanting ohmmmm,.
    I know spiky has started already

Page 139 of 195 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 189 ... LastLast