Page 14 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Oh, Patrick, what a program!

- I am only mimicing the British commentator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xR2q0zkEc
    Last edited by Boeing787; 01-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Three words to describe Patrick's short program: Perfection, Perfection, Perfection!!!!!
    I hope he can "bring it" again tomorrow in the long.
    Phew....He did!

Custom Title
    I enjoyed Patrick's Take Five SP more and more this year, and thoroughly at 2012 Canadian Nationals. Compare his 2011 Canadian Nationals SP with his 2012 Canadian Nationals SP. I can see this year this SP has truly improved perfectly on everything, even IN and PE are perfecting! He truly deserves the over 100 score!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Great skates for Patrick1 Keep it up for the World!

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan -- aka "filet mignon" -- on menu at fundraiser for Think First.

Very informative and funny too, whether or not intentionally.

So now we know David Wilson choreographed Mannish Boy for him.

Video of PJ interview.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-23-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

Video of PJ interview.
    I am about to tell tell everyone here my discovery! You beat me.

Custom Title
    May I beat Boeing again with Patrick's interview after the Free Skate, on Skate Buzz.

And this

No limits for Patrick Chan?

Elvis needs to shut up, again.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-23-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Custom Title
    It always boggles my mind when you have some of the greatest and most respected skaters of all time championing Chan (Kurt, Toller) and then there's always Elvis 'Downer' Stojko acting like he's no big deal. We get it Elvis, you don't want to be on the Chan-Train, move on.

Custom Title
    I somehow didn't realize that Canada has never won an Olympic gold in men's. Very surprising, considering the impressive men's champions they've had in the past.

That does put a lot of pressure on Patrick going into Sochi. Well, if he learns how to defend a world title, he'll be pretty well-prepared mentally for 2014. Season by season, he's dealing with more pressure, more expectations, and overall, despite some missteps, I think he's making forward progress.

well, i got my wish already, two clean, no fall skates from PC. It is great to see him do this...has he peaked in January? Worlds is very different, but he is the favorite by far. I wish Jeff Buttle had tried to compete in Vancouver...why did he quit in 2008? Made no sense to me. Sad thing is PC will likely leave skating after Sochi, esp if he gets gold, and we won't see him mature like we saw all the canadian greats who had so many pro opportunities. PC the CoP competitor. I hope he stays in for a few years as a pro. Great job Patrick!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    It always boggles my mind when you have some of the greatest and most respected skaters of all time championing Chan (Kurt, Toller) and then there's always Elvis 'Downer' Stojko acting like he's no big deal. We get it Elvis, you don't want to be on the Chan-Train, move on.
    Stojko still thinks he's the best, which is not, by kilometer miles...

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    I somehow didn't realize that Canada has never won an Olympic gold in men's. Very surprising, considering the impressive men's champions they've had in the past.

That does put a lot of pressure on Patrick going into Sochi. Well, if he learns how to defend a world title, he'll be pretty well-prepared mentally for 2014. Season by season, he's dealing with more pressure, more expectations, and overall, despite some missteps, I think he's making forward progress.
    The problem is that World is not the same as Olympic. Olympic gets all the attention, the media hypes etc. I think Chan should get a psychologist to help him if he needs one. Look at Kwan, no matter how great she was, she choked. Chan will have lots and lots of pressures, a lot will be from the media and Canada.
    Last edited by jettasian; 01-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post

Yes, that's such a puzzling statistic. They've had practically a continuous stream of champs from Cranston through Orser, Browning, Stojko, Buttle, and now Chan. Bronzes, silvers, but no gold. In terms of champion material, no one else besides Russia and the U.S. been in that league (and for the U.S. I'm counting that postwar streak of Button/Hayes Jenkins/David Jenkins as well as Hamilton/Boitano/Lysacek.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I wish Jeff Buttle had tried to compete in Vancouver...why did he quit in 2008?
    Because Buttle is the smartest guy! He knows his own limit and he got what he wants already.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

Video of PJ interview.
    Mannish Boy Does the title implies Patrick is half boy half man It's 'cheeky' ... nice without being too sexy .. wouldn't suit Patrick if it's too 'sexy'. Can't imagine him giving the 'come have ..... with me' look

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Yes, that's such a puzzling statistic. They've had practically a continuous stream of champs from Cranston through Orser, Browning, Stojko, Buttle, and now Chan. Bronzes, silvers, but no gold. In terms of champion material, no one else besides Russia and the U.S. been in that league (and for the U.S. I'm counting that postwar streak of Button/Hayes Jenkins/David Jenkins as well as Hamilton/Boitano/Lysacek.
    It has certainly puzzled me for years. I've enjoyed all the worthy American gold medallists and envied their success. I'm not greedy. I'm happy to share the title! But oh, just once, let us get Olmpic gold and Mr. Filet Mignon seems our best chance. I was really shocked when Kurt didn't get it. My husband heard it on the news at work and had to stop in at a chocolate store on the way home to console me. U. S. has been so fortunate with its skaters, women especially.

Page 14 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast