Patrick Chan | Page 142 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...ta2.beb4f100b80b587dce878c45801cf642141062290

Patrick Chan teaches Honda Miyu about skating skills and performance!
A cute and sweet video.
DailyMotion says that video has been removed. However, I found it on YouTube in three parts. I assume it's the same thing. The links are below. Patrick is so good with young skaters. Could Patrick be another Brian Orser? Even better, what if he coaches the first Canadian man to win Olympic gold? That would be AWESOME! Yes, I know I'm dreaming, but it's fun! ;):biggrin:

Part 1 on YouTube

Part 2 on YouTube

Part 3 on YouTube

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
DailyMotion says that video has been removed. However, I found it on YouTube in three parts. I assume it's the same thing. The links are below. Patrick is so good with young skaters. Could Patrick be another Brian Orser? Even better, what if he coaches the first Canadian man to win Olympic gold? That would be AWESOME! Yes, I know I'm dreaming, but it's fun! ;):biggrin:

Part 1 on YouTube

Part 2 on YouTube

Part 3 on YouTube

That would be wonderful after retirement!

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Apparently, Patrick's program at JO will be NEW!!! I'm very surprised by this but definitely excited!!! :biggrin:

@Pchiddy (22 Sept 2014)
See my new long program at the Japan Open, October 4th! Get your tickets now. Meet & greet opportunity for winners of the sweepstakes!!

emdee

Final Flight
Great to look forward to his 'new program' for the Japan Open.
Hope he skates next year in competition.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes. and I still have a little hope that " next year" is January of 2015... Nationals.
For some reason I think he might compete at Worlds 2015. He has new programs, might be both SP and LP. That would be a waste if he only use them for JO. :)

StSq4

Rinkside
Yes. and I still have a little hope that " next year" is January of 2015... Nationals.

Patrick is in the cast of Stars on ice Japan 2015, Osaka - January 10-12 Kadoma Sports Arena. I don't think he will compete in Nationals...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
It's official: Patrick plans to compete season 2015-2016 and his new LP on Chopin medley is going to be unveiled at Japan Open coming soon on October 4th 2014. Choreo is by David Wilson. http://www.skatecanada.ca/2014/09/patrick-chan-will-return-to-competing-in-2015-2016/

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's official: Patrick plans to compete season 2015-2016 and his new LP on Chopin medley is going to be unveiled at Japan Open coming soon on October 4th 2014. Choreo is by David Wilson. http://www.skatecanada.ca/2014/09/patrick-chan-will-return-to-competing-in-2015-2016/
I wonder if he will attend Worlds 2015, though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I wonder if he will attend Worlds 2015, though.

The Skate Canada press release is quite clear (IMO) that Chan will not compete at Worlds 2015.

... the seven-time Canadian men’s champion has developed a new free program, although he doesn’t plan to unveil it in international competition until next year’s ISU Grand Prix season. ...

"I will return to competition having learned new ways of training and preparing from this year off.”

Whether he will attend Worlds 2015 as a spectator is a separate question.

torontonian

Rinkside
Wishing Patrick Chan the very best for both this and everything else that he ultimately chooses to do in life. :) What an interesting life journey for him in these upcoming years! Wishing him well. Positive thoughts...

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States

Ravensque

On the Ice
I don't care about the costume...he could wear a bunny suit if he wants.........as long as he skates like that. That was absolutely breathtakingly sublime. Welcome back PChiddy!!!!!