Patrick Chan | Page 143 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

GF2445

Record Breaker
He is truly the best men's figure skater today. A true master of his craft. I cant wait to see it again next season

yyyskate

Record Breaker
my tip: dont watch other skater's program after Patrick, cos You will only worried about their skating skills.:biggrin: So save Patrick's program for the last.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
my tip: dont watch other skater's program after Patrick, cos You will only worried about their skating skills.:biggrin: So save Patrick's program for the last.

Not me, I watched Patrick first. Three words describe Patrick's skating "Simply the Best"! :bow:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Not me, I watched Patrick first. Three words describe Patrick's skating "Simply the Best"!
I also watched PChiddy first. Then Javi and I :bang: Javi makes me so disappointed. And his zayaking started to annoy the hell out of me. Thanks God Pchiddy saved my day.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
If only, if only, Patrick had skated like that in Sochi, he would be Olympic Champion right now. WOW!!! The skating is so beautiful and so smooth and everything flows so well. He does it all so effortlessly that it's easy to forget how difficult it is. I know Patrick's skating is not everyone's cup of tea (venture outside of this thread and you'll find that out in a heartbeat), but I don't care!!! Patrick will ALWAYS be the BEST in my heart!!! :love: If he never beats Yuzuru in competition again, then so be it. I am just thrilled to get to watch him skate competitively for a little while longer. It is his skating that I love so much, not his winning (although that's nice too ;)). I like how fast-paced this LP is compared to Four Seasons; it really grabs your attention from beginning to end.

In the middle of the quad-triple combo I was thinking, "Please don't hit the boards!" :laugh: Patrick looked so calm here. He says he's learning "new ways of training and preparing." Whatever he did to prepare for JO, it worked. For a program debut, that skate was quite impressive - NO FALLS!!! There's room for the program to grow, obviously, but what a stunning start. Maybe it only went so well because there was less pressure, but whatever the reason, it was awesome!!! It was probably Patrick's best competitive program in Japan ever (that I can remember at least).

Welcome back Patrick Chan!!! Best wishes for next season!!! :yay::biggrin:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
a few points of the highlight of this program after second view.
music in front of 4T-3T
the laugh after 3A ;)
the hop (using chest lead, a classic modern dance move) after twizzle in step sequence.
Soft music edited after fast pace music seamlessly.
unexpected stop and direction change (all kinds of different ways) after jump and in-between.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
a few points of the highlight of this program after second view.
music in front of 4T-3T
the laugh after 3A ;)
the hop (using chest lead, a classic modern dance move) after twizzle in step sequence.
Soft music edited after fast pace music seamlessly.
unexpected stop and direction change (all kinds of different ways) after jump and in-between.

And the program is so filled with wonderful stuff throughout with no breathing room, yet so smooth and seemingly effortless. There are no choreography gaps. I was out of breath for him!

emdee

Final Flight
Vintage Patrick.
I think this is my favourite after Elegy.
After going to David he is still fast without the frenetic movements. I too felt breathless just watching him.
And those dance moves....
PCHIDDY IS BACK IN THE HOUSE!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I am re-watching Patrick's program now. :eek:: I really love the phrasing of his 4T-3T jumping pass and seriously ,there are some modern dance moves I have never seen other people do it even himself, and I can only imagine Patrick has the ability to do it and that stop after 3lo. he had such speed and flow out of that loop yet it seems that he sucked all those energy in like a magician, so effortless. a true master of blades and body movement.
after several views, i have a strong sense that this piece is a classic example of how human body exactly mimic music. you can play a piano using your hands and fingers, you can also play a piano like patrick.

emdee

Final Flight
I am re-watching Patrick's program now. :eek:: I really love the phrasing of his 4T-3T jumping pass and seriously ,there are some modern dance moves I have never seen other people do it even himself, and I can only imagine Patrick has the ability to do it and that stop after 3lo. he had such speed and flow out of that loop yet it seems that he sucked all those energy in like a magician, so effortless. a true master of blades and body movement.
after several views, i have a strong sense that this piece is a classic example of how human body exactly mimic music. you can play a piano using your hands and fingers, you can also play a piano like patrick.

And the naysayers say he is not musical.....must be jealous.

SGrand

Final Flight
Wow! Sooooo good! He is back, good to see him relaxed with no major pressure, I think he even surprised himself haha!
Can anyone from our Japanese Bureau let us know what the commentators were saying? Am just curious.
Loved Jeff's reaction in the K&C!

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick's COI Tango

Just mesmerizingly wonderful, even with a "spin off". :) Contrary to popular opinions, I find all the dance lessons have paid off beautifully.
Is it just me or has the music and/or choreography been changed slightly since SOI Japan? The music seems a lot faster to me and the program more rushed in general in the latest video. I like the one from SOI Japan a little bit more.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Is it just me or has the music and/or choreography been changed slightly since SOI Japan? The music seems a lot faster to me and the program more rushed in general in the latest video. I like the one from SOI Japan a little bit more.

Patrick Chan The Ice 2014

Patrick Chan COI 2014

I played them side by side and they are essentially the same choreography though the camera perspectives are different and the timing varied slightly at times.

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick Chan The Ice 2014

Patrick Chan COI 2014

I played them side by side and they are essentially the same choreography though the camera perspectives are different and the timing varied slightly at times.
The Ice is what I meant - duh! SF, thanks for responding. I tend to over-analyze things, especially when it comes to Patrick. A quick glance at my posts in this thread will tell you that. :laugh: Anyway, I still :love::love::love: this Tango!!! It is AWESOME!!!