Page 15 of 189 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 2822

Thread: Patrick Chan

  1. #211
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    May I beat Boeing again with Patrick's interview after the Free Skate, on Skate Buzz.

    And this

    No limits for Patrick Chan?

    Elvis needs to shut up, again.
    Totally agree with you re Elvis. Every time I think he's past this type of behaviour, he puts his skate in his mouth again. If only he'd said, "I really like the direction Patrick's going and I'd like to see him finetune....... and improve....". Sad thing is he wasn't like this years ago. I was a fan not so much for his skating but rather, his classy treatment of competitors along with his grit and determination. I'll listen to Kurt and Toller before Elvis.

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    It has certainly puzzled me for years. I've enjoyed all the worthy American gold medallists and envied their success. I'm not greedy. I'm happy to share the title! But oh, just once, let us get Olmpic gold and Mr. Filet Mignon seems our best chance. I was really shocked when Kurt didn't get it. My husband heard it on the news at work and had to stop in at a chocolate store on the way home to console me. U. S. has been so fortunate with its skaters, women especially.
    Mr. Filet Mignon? Hmmm... I have to admit I couldn't help peeking at his chest when I watched him skate in that low-cut red shirt.

  3. #213
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Mr. Filet Mignon? Hmmm... I have to admit I couldn't help peeking at his chest when I watched him skate in that low-cut red shirt.
    There are reasons why Shirtless Patrick Chan video has 35,334 hits vs 4,174 for Patrick Chan Gets Suited With Harry Rosen!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/PChiddy?...eo-mustangbase

    Since this a fan thread, I want help in the story behind this picture, Patrick Chan, his smelly feet, and Evan Lysacek and the next 3. The only video I find for the SC 2008 Press Conference doesn't show this segment.

  4. #214
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Ooops, did we miss the live streaming of ThinkFirst: A Night With Patrick Chan & Friends?!

  5. #215
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    It has certainly puzzled me for years. I've enjoyed all the worthy American gold medallists and envied their success. I'm not greedy. I'm happy to share the title! But oh, just once, let us get Olmpic gold and Mr. Filet Mignon seems our best chance. I was really shocked when Kurt didn't get it. My husband heard it on the news at work and had to stop in at a chocolate store on the way home to console me. U. S. has been so fortunate with its skaters, women especially.
    I think Canada has been fortunate with its men skaters, gold medals or not. I'd be proud to claim Toller, Kurt, and Brian O., not to mention the now-grouchy Elvis. (Didn't he use to be better behaved?) I can imagine how much chocolate it took to console you when Kurt didn't win in '92 and then (despite my crossed fingers and wishing on stars) in '94. But both before and after the Olympics, Kurt transcended gold. The quality of his skating is worth at least two Olympic championships. What's wonderful about Canada's male champions is that no two are alike. You can't say there's a Canadian style of men's skating--each of these guys is completely unique and original. Toller and Elvis? Amazing and marvelous that they represented the same country in the same discipline.

    If Chan wins in Sochi, I certainly wouldn't be upset, though I have to admit that this time around my heart belongs to Daisuke. There's no changing the situation; it was adulation at first sight.
    Last edited by Olympia; 01-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    272
    Here's an amusing tweet from Jeremy Ten:

    twitter.com/#!/j3r3bear/status/161971612768411648

  7. #217
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    The fashionista has spoken!

  8. #218
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I think Canada has been fortunate with its men skaters, gold medals or not. I'd be proud to claim Toller, Kurt, and Brian O., not to mention the now-grouchy Elvis. (Didn't he use to be better behaved?) I can imagine how much chocolate it took to console you when Kurt didn't win in '92 and then (despite my crossed fingers and wishing on stars) in '94. But both before and after the Olympics, Kurt transcended gold. The quality of his skating is worth at least two Olympic championships. What's wonderful about Canada's male champions is that no two are alike. You can't say there's a Canadian style of men's skating--each of these guys is completely unique and original. Toller and Elvis? Amazing and marvelous that they represented the same country in the same discipline.

    If Chan wins in Sochi, I certainly wouldn't be upset, though I have to admit that this time around my heart belongs to Daisuke. There's no changing the situation; it was adulation at first sight.
    Thank you. Well said. Perspective restored.

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Does Patrick wear green contacts, or are his eyes naturally green?? O_O

  10. #220
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Does Patrick wear green contacts, or are his eyes naturally green?? O_O
    eh? He has dark/brown eyes.

  11. #221
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Here are Patrick SP and LP with Rod Black and Tracy Wilson's commentary.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxjccw0REmg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrP_ZWY-QI

    Rod predicted Patrick would be a future Canadian champion whne he was only 15.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhc--tpn_a0

  12. #222
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    eh? He has dark/brown eyes.
    Let me dig up pictures and videos:

    http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1242677.html --> "I came" image...he has 'green' eyes
    http://shows.ctv.ca/SkateCanada/video.aspx --> first clip, introducing Patrick as world champ....green eyes.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...megadrop_story
    http://www.manageyourshapeblog.com/....5086bc1970c-pi
    Last edited by Becki; 01-24-2012 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #223
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Let me dig up pictures and videos:

    http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1242677.html --> "I came" image...he has 'green' eyes
    http://shows.ctv.ca/SkateCanada/video.aspx --> first clip, introducing Patrick as world champ....green eyes.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...megadrop_story
    http://www.manageyourshapeblog.com/....5086bc1970c-pi
    It must be the effect of lighting. I'm pretty sure he has dark or brown eyes, and I don't think he wears green contacts. Patrick is not the type to do things like this.

  14. #224
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Btw is Patrick's middle name, Lewis? I know that's his dad's name but I found his fb account: https://www.facebook.com/plewis.chan

  15. #225
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Let me dig up pictures and videos:

    http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1242677.html --> "I came" image...he has 'green' eyes
    If you want to go by pictures on ontd-skating, Patrick has rape eyes, evil eyes, red eyes, zombi eyes, whatever. These are my eyes for them. Those high school cliques of bullies are the ones with green eyes, green with envy and bitterness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787
    Rod predicted Patrick would be a future Canadian champion whne he was only 15.
    Ozzie Colson predicted Patrick to be a World Champion when he was a little kid.

Page 15 of 189 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •