Page 17 of 195 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    Chan repeats the lutz and the quad toe. To repeat any other jump would render that jump and/or combo/sequence null, so he can't do the triple toe more than once (if he gets the 4S, we might see two 3Ts in combinations).

Rinkside
    The rule only allow him to repeat 2 triple/quad jumps. He chose to repeat 4T and 3Lz. So he can't do +3T twice

Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Also, in Tracey Wilson's comment, she said that because Patrick only did 4T+2T, he added 3T at the end of 3F. I'm not quite understand...if Patrick did 4T+3T, he couldn't add another 3T? I thought he can do 3 combos?

Custom Title
    Thanks SkateFiguring

Hum, so Patrick's CSSp3 only Level 3, what must he do to get Level 4? It's also a bummer that all ChSt is just 1, considering his ChSt is the best of all.
    That's why all judges rewarded him with GOE=3

Custom Title
    Also, ChSt is treated as level 1 for all skaters, they earned their marks through GOE.

Custom Title

Also, in Tracey Wilson's comment, she said that because Patrick only did 4T+2T, he added 3T at the end of 3F. I'm not quite understand...if Patrick did 4T+3T, he couldn't add another 3T? I thought he can do 3 combos?
    Patrick's first quad landing was not sure enough for him to add a 3T as planned, so he did a 2T because one of the quads must be in combination. He had the presence of mind to do 3F+3T instead of 3F+2T later in the program, picking up 10% bonus on the 3T. He did 3 combos, 4T+2T. 3Lz+1Lo+3S, and 3F+3T. He repeated the 4T and 3Lz, so he can't repeat 3T. Only two repeats allowed, one in combo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Also, ChSt is treated as level 1 for all skaters, they earned their marks through GOE.
    First the Step Sequence is leveled the same for all. Then the GOE values are reduced this year. And some think COP was designed for Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787
    He could still do 3F+3T even after he had done a 4T+3T. But his original plan was 3L+2T.
    He couldn't. He repeated 4T and 3Lz and could not repeat another triple. He would have Oda'd himself. He basically switched the 3T and 2T, with a small gain in bonus.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-25-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    First the Step Sequence is leveled the same for all. Then the GOE values are reduced this year. And some think COP was designed for Patrick.
    Yeah, ISU increased the value of quad when Patrick didn't have one, and reduced the value of other triples and footwork. And the haters still call Patrick ISU's dear son.

Custom Title

He couldn't. He repeated 4T and 3Lz and could not repeat another triple. He would have Oda'd himself. He basically switched the 3T and 2T, with a small gain in bonus.
    Lesson learned.

Rinkside
    I just read that on wikipedia yesterday. Patrick's former coach, Don Laws, was one of the Americans who help create the ISU Judging System.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Yeah, ISU increased the value of quad when Patrick didn't have one, and reduced the value of other triples and footwork. And the haters still call Patrick ISU's dear son.
    Don't forget they cut out out one step sequence in the SP. He still smashed the record set by Plushenko with an extra element.

Patrick never lobbies or complains. He just brings it whatever the rules. That's why I always say "Bring it on" to those scheming and advocating scoring changes to take him and his scores down. Others will pay the price, not Patrick.

Custom Title
    Don't forget they cut out out one step sequence in the SP. He still smashed the record set by Plushenko with an extra element.

Patrick never lobbies or complains. He just brings it whatever the rules. That's why I always say "Bring it on" to those scheming and advocating scoring changes to take him and his scores down. Others will pay the price, not Patrick.
    Yeah, I forgot that one.

Patrick is not afraid of any changes in the rules because he is truly the complete package!

got my first wish pc skates 2 really good, clean programs. hope he stays in after sochi as pro. good job, pc!

Custom Title
    I finally managed to find Patrick's long program and watch it. Wow, he got every bit possible out of that program. So clean and smooth and powerfully skated.

If he skates it like that at Worlds...I'm knocking on wood as I say that. It would be a wonderful thing for skating if a performance like that could enter the annals of international competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I finally managed to find Patrick's long program and watch it. Wow, he got every bit possible out of that program. So clean and smooth and powerfully skated.

If he skates it like that at Worlds...I'm knocking on wood as I say that. It would be a wonderful thing for skating if a performance like that could enter the annals of international competition.
    No wonder you were wishing Dai to win gold on Sochi. Dai is a respectable skater, but I don't think he has a chance for gold as long as Patrick is still around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    got my first wish pc skates 2 really good, clean programs. hope he stays in after sochi as pro. good job, pc!
    I very much doubt that. I think Patrick will go Michelle Kwan's route and find life after skating after Sochi.

Page 17 of 195 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 ... LastLast