Patrick Chan | Page 173 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you, m0001! That was fun!

Here's a very interesting video of Patrick's SC FS skating pattern on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhc8Pfksg6o

Wow, he covered a lot of ice compared to [see here].

Many thanks to "pku xmy" for mapping this out!

Wow. Thank you vivley! And pku xmy! These are way cool. Amazing that Patrick did so much in the allotted time, so beautifully.

Getting excited for TEB.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Annoys me to no end lol.

People believe the biggest lies when repeated enough, even lies about themselves.

Has anybody ever seen any evidence at all that ostriches bury their heads in the sand? Complete slander!

Eggs raise cholesterol level? Show me the data. Has anybody died from eating too many eggs?

Milk builds bones and protects against osteoarthritis? Huge commercial propaganda! The three countries with the highest rates of osteoarthritis are the three countries with the highest dairy consumption.

Patrick can't do 3A. A nemesis? Total BS! He has done more gorgeous 3As than flawed ones. Get rid of the mind pollution, Patrick.

Last edited:

m0001

On the Ice
Annoys me to no end lol.

To say nemesis doesn't annoys me at all compared to other rude comments. In addition, Kurt has been Patrick best mentor all the time. What annoys me most at the moment is the negative comments in TSL about SC. Dave has offended so many people because he said Patrick is the best stater (he was critisized even if he just whispered, and Jenny was trying hard to hear that). As VB said, "People believe the biggest lies when repeated enough". I'm sure those people have never met Chan themselves. However, I enjoy reading this link, and lots love here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/chantastic-the-return-of-patrick.96484/

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Oh, I forgot to mention - Happy Remembrance Day! Today I was on vacation out of town and I ran into a Canadian lady who was wearing her poppy pin. When I mentioned Patrick, she immediately knew who he was and that he had skated very well a couple of weeks ago. So nice to meet another person who knew who he was! Alas, when she asked if I was a figure skater (lol), I had to say no, I just love watching.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks, StSq4!

Was that the 3A that Patrick practiced? If so, he landed it perfectly!

It was done with almost no preparation and yet so perfect. I didn't see it coming and my eyes popped. I still have to re-watch it to make sure it's indeed a 3A. (Been busy on Mishin/Jin thread. ;))

I still insist it's not technique but anxiety that causes Patrick any 3A problem. Relaxed mind means gorgeous 3A for PChiddy, always.

Nemesis? Ha! Let's hope King Patrick will slay the fallacy with the 3A Dragon forever.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
It was done with almost no preparation and yet so perfect. I didn't see it coming and my eyes popped. I still have to re-watch it to make sure it's indeed a 3A. (Been busy on Mishin/Jin thread. ;))

I still insist it's not technique but anxiety that causes Patrick any 3A problem. Relaxed mind means gorgeous 3A for PChiddy, always.

Nemesis? Ha! Let's hope King Patrick will slay the fallacy with the 3A Dragon forever.

it was 2A :hb:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
TEB must be a feel good place for Patrick with memorable experiences and results.

He won his first international Gold Medal at TEB 2007 at age 16. Notice his huge gorgeous 3A? +GOE for his SP 3A as well. Eta his LP with commentary, (though I don't like the visual so much) just for the "WOW!" for the 3A and the fun of hearing about this young up start.

He went on to win all his TEB competitions:

2008 Notice the gorgeous 3A? Problem with 3A combo. Gorgeous 3A for SP.

(He had another recorded first there: he knocked down a piece of the board during the exhibition skate. :laugh:)

2011 His worst TEB skate but still golden. Popped 3A into 2A. +GOE for the SP 3A; and of course

2013 SP and LP. History. Gorgeous 3A in both SP and LP, of course.

Here's to TEB 2015!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Add the 4CC and Worlds, he has 17 ISU Senior international gold medals, plus 7 Nationals, his Senior gold medal collection contains 24 of those shiny objects. A few more this year and next, he will likely have 30 or more of them before he says enough.