Patrick Chan | Page 188 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Once, he forgot his skates for the training of the SP and had to come back running as hell !! He was always in a hurry !!

After the SP, I wanted to cheer him up someway, `cos he look so sad...

After the gala he was more talkative taking pictures with everybody and talking... all smiles... relaxed... I told him he had lipstick on his cheek... he laughed a lot...

Forgot his skates?! And here I thought they were a natural extension of his feet, lol. ;)

Thank you! I'm so glad you were able to make him smile and laugh! Now next time you can be the one to flirt with him and stain his cheek, too!

Undolaure

Rinkside
It is not the first time.In TEB of this year, he went to a practices and had to return to the hotel because he forgot his skates.
OMG xD where is his head ??
Shoma forgot his Accreditation card... ok... BUT YOUR SKATES? :eeking:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
It is not the first time.In TEB of this year, he went to a practices and had to return to the hotel because he forgot his skates.

OMG xD where is his head ??
Shoma forgot his Accreditation card... ok... BUT YOUR SKATES? :eeking:

He must have really NOT wanted to be at practice. As for what this means.... I must resist the urge to psychoanalyze... Do not psychoanalyze, do not psychoanalyze...:scratch3:

How about let's send him encouraging messages on Twitter! I love this tweet that someone sent him:

https://twitter.com/garypaulmartin/status/676390770266513408

Last edited:

m0001

On the Ice
Welcome, welcome Undolaure! Enjoy reading every word from you! Hope to hear more from you soon!

m0001

On the Ice
Forgot his skates?! And here I thought they were a natural extension of his feet, lol. ;)
Talking about forgetting his skates, did any one remember what Patrick told PJ in her Podcast interview? Did he say that either he or his mother forgot his skates or forgot his music, and Mr. Colson had snarky comments on both the mother and son?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick always had his Mom take care him until he moved to Detroit. Spoiled brat! Well, actually he has been taking pretty good care of himself, doing his own cooking to make sure he eats right.

In China, coaches are like doting parents. I read about an Olympic swimmer who was so used to having his coach taking care of everything that the one time the coach didn't travel with him, he forgot to bring his goggles.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
A bird's eye view of Patrick's GPF LP that was taken by an audience member:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKk1h3_cULQ

You hear the videographer cheering Patrick on, and the rest of the time he sounds like he is enjoying Patrick's performance the way one enjoys a glass of wine. :laugh:

I hope Patrick sees this video, because it really highlights the beauty in his skating.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That is an exceptionally good fancam video, :agree: by a knowledgeable and appreciative fan. :agree:

Thanks for the link, vivley.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
my take on patrick's costumes

in the past they have been more flamboyant... i think that perhaps, especially considering other male costuming happening right now, he wants to draw attention to his skating... not his sequins and feathers ;) by using very simple costumes, we can admire the beauty of his skating (and of his lines ;) )

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OMG... so cool to see it like this... one can truly appreciate the beauty of the choreography.... <3
A bird's eye view of Patrick's GPF LP that was taken by an audience member:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKk1h3_cULQ

You hear the videographer cheering Patrick on, and the rest of the time he sounds like he is enjoying Patrick's performance the way one enjoys a glass of wine. :laugh:

I hope Patrick sees this video, because it really highlights the beauty in his skating.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
my take on patrick's costumes

in the past they have been more flamboyant... i think that perhaps, especially considering other male costuming happening right now, he wants to draw attention to his skating... not his sequins and feathers ;) by using very simple costumes, we can admire the beauty of his skating (and of his lines ;) )

I think Tuly signed a contract with Patrick and was providing Patrick costumes for free up to the Sochi Olympics for his own publicity. He put in real work including research and even traveled with Patrick to various competitions for photo opportunities. Now the contract is over and Patrick has meanwhile broken up with his designer girlfriend he doesn't really have any custom design for his competitions these days. I hope he will find a source for stylish costumes again soon even if it costs him more than he likes.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh... interesting... i still like my theory :) LOL ... but his Tuly costumes were nice too ;)
I think Tuly signed a contract with Patrick and was providing Patrick costumes for free up to the Sochi Olympics for his own publicity. He put in real work including research and even traveled with Patrick to various competitions for photo opportunities. Now the contract is over and Patrick has meanwhile broken up with his designer girlfriend he doesn't really have any custom design for his competitions these days. I hope he will find a source for stylish costumes again soon even if it costs him more than he likes.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I think Tuly signed a contract with Patrick and was providing Patrick costumes for free up to the Sochi Olympics for his own publicity.

Thanks for sharing, VB. For free? Then I'm sure Patrick could find another young designer who would be willing to design costumes for free. But couldn't he approach some of the well-known designers to create free costumes for him for publicity as well? Unless he really wants to do it himself, which is what we're getting right now.

I admire Patrick for trying to be self-sufficient, but he can't do it all himself. Maybe he needs a personal assistant to take his skates, research available designers, keep him informed about the latest developments in his sport and what's going on with his competitors, etc. Oh wait, his mom used to do all that...

Last edited:

Undolaure

Rinkside
I think his costumes from this year are not that bad...
I felt like I could concentrate more on his skating and less on his appearance !!

About the twitter support, that message was so cute !! I think it's a good idea but I don't think he'll read anything...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Tuly was the one who approached Patrick mid season before the Vancouver Olympics, when Patrick was rapidly rising and getting hyped to win Canada's first gold medal in Mens figure skating (unrealistic considering his set back that season with illness and injury). Patrick's first Tuly design was the whimsical show costume for Don't Worry, Be Happy though in later years his show costumes were evidently not custom designed. He debut the first Tuly designed competition costume at GPF 2009 for his POTO program. Very elegant and it was also the beginning of his two year winning streak.

Those Tuly designed costumes would be quite expensive to pay for, which I suspect Patrick didn't or at least not fully. The music was researched and Tuly often came to Patrick's early practice with the music cuts and the new choreography. The idea was discussed and the design and making of the costumes took quite some time, from selection of materials to fittings, and were only ready just in time for the first GP (SC). They were elegant, often with unique flair and quirkiness and with haute couture touches. Tuly got publicity along the process and then he also accompanied Patrick for the costume debut and even to his international events. Tuly surely invested a lot in these designs and I hope he was fairly rewarded with the attention he received. Patrick, of course, had to at least invest his time in the process as well. The contract was basically a joint venture with mutual benefits.

I hope Patrick finds a fair deal soon for quality and stylish costumes befitting his status. When someone who used to shop at Naiman Marcus shows up in Walmart clothes, it is noticeable. Patrick needs to invest in his costumes one way or another to show he cares about the competition and all its details, especially the presentation of his programs and himself, to judges, figure skating fans as well as his rivals. Every detail matters and adds to his necessary mindset.

Last edited: