Patrick Chan | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You love it out there, Patrick! Landing the quad combo, the 3A, flying all over the ice, dancing through the step sequence, the cheering, the standing O, excitement from everybody, the energy in the arena........... you love it. You came back for all these and you got them again. Aren't you glad you return and train hard and went through all that pain because it's worth it?

Congratulations, Patrick, for so many milestones.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I broke my normal habit and went into the competition thread and found this!!! The quad combo was actually hilarious. Patrick did a great quad toe with this relaxed, flowing landing edge, and then he was like, "Oh, wait, I'm supposed to do a combination here!" and proceeded to add a monster triple toe!!! He was SO ON and into the music and EVERYTHING!!!!! Bottle this and take it to Worlds, Patrick!!!!! And I love how the kiss and cry conversation was all about how relaxed he was. All three of them were so happy. Oh my word, I screamed a little after each jump. That program was so exciting. I didn't know MTK could be like that. Now we know why Patrick said it's such a great program. He's got the LP in the bag, so I am SO relieved right now. What's Nam's PB? He certainly hasn't broken 100 before.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
You love it out there, Patrick! Landing the quad combo, the 3A, flying all over the ice, dancing through the step sequence, the cheering, the standing O, excitement from everybody, the energy in the arena........... you love it. You came back for all these and you got them again. Aren't you glad you return and train hard and went through all that pain because it's worth it?

Congratulations, Patrick, for so many milestones.
I could not have said it better myself! :2thumbs: :)

So cute! Patrick talks about his dog to PJ Kwong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PEhvSRUFik&feature=youtu.be

Okay, I can go home now.... :biggrin:
Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for posting it. Sounds like she and Patrick are a perfect match. :laugh: Honorable mention goes to the person's awesome Twitter username - love it!

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
:noshake: I wonder if it's possible to change the placements of the jumps in the SP. Seems like he's got bad mental habits with the jumps as they are right now. --For later...obviously can't change it right now.

Haha, forget what I said, He did it clean! -The satisfaction he must feel! :thumbsup:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Time for exercising my bragging rights aka didn't-I-say-so time:

I broke my normal habit and went into the competition thread and found this!!! The quad combo was actually hilarious. Patrick did a great quad toe with this relaxed, flowing landing edge, and then he was like, "Oh, wait, I'm supposed to do a combination here!" and proceeded to add a monster triple toe!!! He was SO ON and into the music and EVERYTHING!!!!! Bottle this and take it to Worlds, Patrick!!!!! And I love how the kiss and cry conversation was all about how relaxed he was. All three of them were so happy. Oh my word, I screamed a little after each jump. That program was so exciting. I didn't know MTK could be like that. Now we know why Patrick said it's such a great program. He's got the LP in the bag, so I am SO relieved right now. What's Nam's PB? He certainly hasn't broken 100 before.

Didn't I say he would skate a flawless SP tonight if he would just focus?

Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for posting it. Sounds like she and Patrick are a perfect match. :laugh: Honorable mention goes to the person's awesome Twitter username - love it!

Didn't I call her his forever girlfriend? :)

SGrand

Final Flight
So happy for him, that was spectacular!!!! I was cheering the whole way through with a huge smile on my face! So proud oh him, the technique AND stellar performance that just draws you in. He was amazing!!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Oh, but there is so much more to discuss! Just read this article!

http://www.610cktb.com/SportsCP/Article.aspx?id=495940

Some quotes:

Patrick is incredibly mentally tough, he really is. He is a fierce competitor. And he is the hardest worker," she said. "Most days, he's on the ice by himself, there is no one on the ice with him."

Johnson pointed out that Chan still has some tricks in his back pocket — he regularly lands quad Salchows, for example, but hasn't yet added it to his program. Instead, they're taking a patient approach.

"He's been able to do that quad Salchow for awhile. . . but he brings a lot to skating that no other skater does, and he doesn't want to sacrifice (his superior skating) just to put elements in," Johnson said. "We have a plan and we're not going to panic and rush that plan."

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh, but there is so much more to discuss! Just read this article!

http://www.610cktb.com/SportsCP/Article.aspx?id=495940

I only want to applaud the following:

Patrick is incredibly mentally tough, he really is. He is a fierce competitor. And he is the hardest worker," she said. "Most days, he's on the ice by himself, there is no one on the ice with him."
:clap:

Johnson pointed out that Chan still has some tricks in his back pocket — he regularly lands quad Salchows, for example, but hasn't yet added it to his program. Instead, they're taking a patient approach.

"He's been able to do that quad Salchow for awhile. . . but he brings a lot to skating that no other skater does, and he doesn't want to sacrifice (his superior skating) just to put elements in," Johnson said. "We have a plan and we're not going to panic and rush that plan."

Patrick :rock:

luckiest1

Rinkside
OMG OMG OMG what a night! I doubt I will have a voice when I wake up tomorrow. I screamed so much tonight. So so happy for Patrick to lay it down like he did after what I can only describe as a very frustrating practice session this afternoon. You would never know the way he skated tonight. I sincerely hope this helps his confidence and convinces him that he can and should stay in until Olympics. I am so glad that I was here to see it in person. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OMG OMG OMG what a night! I doubt I will have a voice when I wake up tomorrow. I screamed so much tonight. So so happy for Patrick to lay it down like he did after what I can only describe as a very frustrating practice session this afternoon. You would never know the way he skated tonight. I sincerely hope this helps his confidence and convinces him that he can and should stay in until Olympics. I am so glad that I was here to see it in person. Looking forward to tomorrow!

You really are the luckiest1, even if you made that luck.